Most ANNOYING things when Driving (1 Viewer)

Gay Captain

HSC
No. 1 most annoying thing = farken P platers

government should impose massive harsh restrictions on the silly cunts

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
My new pet hate is when I stop at lights on a hill and some fuckstick decides to stop their car about 10cm from my rear bumper, so I need to use the handbrake when the light changes. I never ever ever ever use the handbrake unless I have to, so more often than not I either borderline stall or overrev the poor car from lack of practice. Sigh.
I also get the shits with stop signs where there should be give way. There's one down the back of Windsor that just defies all logic, I've decided to just roll through in second and risk the inevitable ticket when some po-po decide to police the least dangerous intersection in the state.

PS: Merging like a psycho and weaving in general traffic usually gains a car length and you end up in the same place at the next set of lights. It's a stupid risk with no reward. That said it can come in handy being able to merge aggresively when you realise the onramp you want is 50 m and 5 lanes away.

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
That people stopping really fucking close behind you on hills is annoying as fuck. I ride the clutch whenever I'm on a hill and leave a metre in front of me in case the fuckstick behind me keeps coming closer.

If we rolled back and nudged em, would it be our fault?

Sammy-Blue

HSC
pete_mate said:
I hope you're not one of those dumbasses that puts a custom muffler on a honda civic so it sounds really annoyingly loud and think they are really hardcore.

It's a fucking 1.8L engine you morons.

There are way more of these people at sydney uni then there should be.
But they've got VTEC yo'

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Azamakumar said:
That people stopping really fucking close behind you on hills is annoying as fuck. I ride the clutch whenever I'm on a hill and leave a metre in front of me in case the fuckstick behind me keeps coming closer.

You should be able to perform a hill start without rolling back at all... but also, people are meant to leave enough room to see your back wheels when stopped. So it's a bit iffy. The damage caused wouldn't be enough for cops/insurance to give a shit about anyway.

Also you shouldn't ride the clutch for extended periods, wears it out.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Yeah I know about riding the clutch and all that jazz. And I can do a proper hill start, I just get lazy. I just figured there'd be some leeway cos like you said they're meant to leave enough space to see your wheels, and we're allowed to roll back something to the effect of a full metre or something in the test.

:/

F2001

HSC
sarcasm!

it be up to 60 in no time btw hehe.

CieL said:
You're talking about torque when I'm already rolling at 60s versus that heavy piece of junk pulling out from standstill when I was just metres behind him?

Wow.

Maybe you failed to consider that cruiser is 10yrs older than my car and weighs literally 500kgs more..
47.46.45 said:
My new pet hate is when I stop at lights on a hill and some fuckstick decides to stop their car about 10cm from my rear bumper, so I need to use the handbrake when the light changes. I never ever ever ever use the handbrake unless I have to, so more often than not I either borderline stall or overrev the poor car from lack of practice. Sigh.
I also get the shits with stop signs where there should be give way. There's one down the back of Windsor that just defies all logic, I've decided to just roll through in second and risk the inevitable ticket when some po-po decide to police the least dangerous intersection in the state.

PS: Merging like a psycho and weaving in general traffic usually gains a car length and you end up in the same place at the next set of lights. It's a stupid risk with no reward. That said it can come in handy being able to merge aggresively when you realise the onramp you want is 50 m and 5 lanes away.
The biggest reward is when u speed through those yellow lights and the rest are met with a red.
But yes you look like a tool when that fails lol.

Azamakumar said:

Yes, failing to have ctrl of the car.

Last edited:

samwell

HSC
i hate people who drive slowly on motorways. the main reason there is motorways is so that people can drive faster.esp people who go 70ks in a 90ks zone hate them

azn 2245

HSC
I hate people who ride their bikes on the road because they cant stay in the bicycle lane, stupid fucks. They think they own the road. Sometimes I feel like running them over.

hopethisworks

Banned
North Manly Beach Sexual Preference: Centaur Bans
HSC
N/A
Dumsum said:
You should be able to perform a hill start without rolling back at all... but also, people are meant to leave enough room to see your back wheels when stopped. So it's a bit iffy. The damage caused wouldn't be enough for cops/insurance to give a shit about anyway.

Also you shouldn't ride the clutch for extended periods, wears it out.
does anyone else like rolling back when they do hill starts?

sparkerasp

HSC
hopethisworks said:
does anyone else like rolling back when they do hill starts?
I don't really understand the point of your question (do you like rolling back when you do hill starts?).

I hardly ever roll back on hill starts mainly because when I do stop on a hill, I place my left foot on the brake and my right foot on the accelerator (I'm not sure if it's considered wrong) and as soon as I 'gently' take my left foot off the brake I accelerate with my right foot.

ASNSWR127

HSC
Shit drivers that panic when they see red and blue in their rear vision mirrors or ahead of them...

Seriously it isnt hard to slow down at a crash scene...

sparkerasp

HSC
Sammy-Blue said:
You don't really do "hill starts" with an auto.
Oh, really? lol, they still call them "hill starts" in the L to P plate test, guess they should change it, unless a hill start is what you do only with the handbrake.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
sparkerasp said:
Oh, really? lol, they still call them "hill starts" in the L to P plate test, guess they should change it, unless a hill start is what you do only with the handbrake.
Thats exactly what it is.

walkahz

HSC
People that clutch coast shit me to no end:burn:
Also anyone who drives only auto's by choice.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
nah i edge my nose in front when the traffic is stopped. He would have to actually crash into me, making him at fault. When the traffic starts moving he must really tailgate the car in front.
Thats easy to beat, i just get up close to the car in front, move right to the edge of my lane on the side you are coming from, and angle in a bit towards you so you have no chance and you cant get the right angle to even come close to getting a nose in front of me.

Focus; Drivers that dont go straight away when the lights turn green, or piddle out of the lights slowing up the whole line..

.this fucking shits me to tears on this right turn lane i take to get to my parents, the turn lane accomodates maybe 10 cars, during peak hour it fills every light set but normal hours usually 5 or so cars.
if everyone drives normally those 5 cars get through easily, if people drive quick like they should during peak hour you can get maybe 8 cars through, perhaps the last 2 if they turn on the yellow.

What fuckign shits me is if iam the 5th or further back car and the cunts dont go at a normal speed and i get trapped at the lights again....fuck you very much asshole.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
sparkerasp said:
I hardly ever roll back on hill starts mainly because when I do stop on a hill, I place my left foot on the brake and my right foot on the accelerator (I'm not sure if it's considered wrong) and as soon as I 'gently' take my left foot off the brake I accelerate with my right foot.
hahahahah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)