Most ANNOYING things when Driving (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Nah the ones that don't go in behind you shit me off so much. Ie no cars at all/giant 20m gap but they still feel the need to cut you off. I'm all for making room when there is none but fuck that grinds my gears. Also people that try and cut through queues when theres a parked car on the side. The worst.

Sydney drivers have no manners.
LOL that annoys me too. I bet they are locals and know fully well there is always parked cars in that lane.

But that being said, after driving in Malaysia where people turn gaps into lanes and it's free for all... Sydney ain't so bad.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Had one at star city. Traffic banked up across an intersection so people were taking it fairly steady, then I watch in my mirror as some cock overtakes them all, flies through and pulls up just in front of me and puts his indicator on. Rolled down my window, screamed fuck off and then held down my horn.

He was still waiting there until I made it all the way into the entrance cos nobody let him in. Made me feel heaps good about myself.

quik.

HSC
always make a point of merging to middle lane near onramps dude
poor form on your part
If there is a big enough gap between merging cars I simply slot in

Poor form my ass, they need to learn where the accel pedal is

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
well yeah I do that too, but you realise if they're in front of you you have to give way, right? Just don't be a wanker and move over a lane.

quik.

HSC
If there isn't enough space of course I move over, if I'm able

You seem to think I have no idea about this merging business

How can you not have come across these retards

They will get on the motorway at 70 and sloooooowly creep up to the limit

For all I know they merged yesterday the cunts are going slow enough for it

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
yeah but why are you even in the left lane in the first place even you should be gunning it at 140 MINIMUM and splitting when you're lbocked

quik.

HSC
I am a good boy on major roads until January

Can't outrun the rozzas on a 250 and I aint keen on a 3 month suspension

Dod0

HSC
Had one at star city. Traffic banked up across an intersection so people were taking it fairly steady, then I watch in my mirror as some cock overtakes them all, flies through and pulls up just in front of me and puts his indicator on. Rolled down my window, screamed fuck off and then held down my horn.

He was still waiting there until I made it all the way into the entrance cos nobody let him in. Made me feel heaps good about myself.
Thats so annoying always happens when im driving through newtown. Traffics always shit so people jump into the left lane speed up and get 50m infront of where they where and then push in front of you

Stephie-Rae

HSC
-People incapable of maintaining a consistent speed.
-People that believe they have right of way on a round-a-bout regardless of oncoming traffic or where they are entering the round-a-bout from.
-People with a serious need to be in front of as many cars as possible, even if it will not increase the speed they can travel at all, and go to dangerous measures to cut in front of people.
-People who drive at about 80km/h in a 60km/h zone AND in a 110km/h zone.
-People who will double the speed limit and sit in the overtaking lane until it ends, then once you're in one lane go half the speed limit.
-People in large cars or trucks who feel they can do whatever they like just because they have the size to crush your car if they cause an accident
-And pretty much any kind of ignorance for other drivers in general

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

I always hope that people do this on Cleveland St on the way to UNSW from the city... but some sucker always lets people in. :(

I'm too gutless to put my car where my mouth is purely because if there's any kind of accident, repair work never restores cars to their original condition and it's just not worth my hassle.

noturningback

HSC
Being limited to 90 km/h on the highways/freeways and having EVERYONE overtake you, including grandmas in their nissan pulsars.

(yeah I know that most of you probably do 110 anyways but I seriously can't risk losing my licence for three months :) )

Oh and also, I'm sure this is plenty annoying for the people that have to overtake the P-plater. We shouldn't get annoyed with each other, instead we should be pissed with the fool who came up with these ridiculous speed caps that in my opinion, cause more trouble then anything. They also increase the time taken to complete long car trips, increasing driver fatigue and thus increase the risk of an accident.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
manual drivers who just suddenly stop in the middle of the road. and takes ages to start the car up again.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Being limited to 90 km/h on the highways/freeways and having EVERYONE overtake you, including grandmas in their nissan pulsars.

(yeah I know that most of you probably do 110 anyways but I seriously can't risk losing my licence for three months :) )

Oh and also, I'm sure this is plenty annoying for the people that have to overtake the P-plater. We shouldn't get annoyed with each other, instead we should be pissed with the fool who came up with these ridiculous speed caps that in my opinion, cause more trouble then anything. They also increase the time taken to complete long car trips, increasing driver fatigue and thus increase the risk of an accident.
- speed caps are designed by engineers and science for a reason

- reducing speeds has been proven to cause a decrease in accidents AND a decrease in the severity of the accidents that do happen

- p platers are inexperienced and thus more likely to have an accident, having them drive at a reduced speed gives them a smaller chance of crashing and if they do crash the crash will be less severe.

- a drop in the speed limit on the newell highway (lenght ~1100km) from 110 to 100, effective today, will add 30mins to the journey over the entire length, this is an insignificant amount of time and will in now way have a pronounced effect on driver fatigue.

in conclusion, stop making shit up, you dont know anything

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
"Will the new speed limit substantially increase travel times on the Newell Highway?

Travel time is determined by several factors apart from speed. The speed limit reduction is expected to increase travel time for motorists by around 35 mins only on the entire 1060km length of the highway. Travel time increases for shorter trips would generally be minor. For example, from Tocumwal to Jerilderie the travel time would only increase by less than 3 minutes and to continue to Narrandera would add 5 minutes.

Heavy vehicles are already limited to 100 km/h or 90 km/h so the reduction in the speed limit will not impact on delivery targets or freight costs.

Do reduced speed limits increase fatigue related crashes?

There is no evidence that reducing the speed limit increases fatigue related crashes. In fact travelling at higher speeds requires more concentration which induces fatigue. It can be shown that the chance of a fatigue related crash is greater in 110 km/h speed limited roads than 100 km/h roads.

Regardless of the behavioural factors causing the crash (speed, fatigue, alcohol) speed adds to the severity of the crash.

What’s being done to improve the highway?
The RTA is spending an additional $30 million over the next three years to improve safety and efficiency on the Newell. This includes intersection upgrades, improved signage, wider shoulders and removal of roadside hazards.

How do we know reducing the speed limit will improve safety?

Australian and international research conclusively shows that reducing speed limits has been effective in reducing the number and severity of crashes. Based on previous results we can expect 10 to 20 lives to be saved within the next five years, as well as a significant reduction in injuries.

There has been a 26 per cent reduction in casualty crashes on Great Western Highway after the speed limits were reduced from 110 km/h to 100 km/h.

Isn’t reducing the speed limit just revenue raising?
Reducing the speed limit is an effective way of managing speed and improving road safety. Reducing the road toll on NSW roads is the RTA’s key objective.

But not all the crashes are speed related?
True. Many of the crashes are related to other factors including fatigue and driver distraction. While speeding may not necessarily be the primary cause of all crashes, higher speeds increase the likelihood of a crash occurring and make the outcome of any crash more severe.

Speed is the major cause of many crashes. We are not expecting that the reduced speed limit will remove all crashes, but it will reduce both the risk and severity of crashes.

What is the difference between 110 km/h and 100 km/h, how can just 10 km/h make such a difference?
The difference is significant. If two motorists, one travelling at 110km/h the other at 100km/h brake at the same time, the vehicle travelling at 110km/h would still be moving at 54km/h when the vehicle travelling at 100 km/h would have come to a complete stop.

The vehicle travelling at 100km/h would take 91 metres to stop while the vehicle travelling at 110km/h would need 105 metres"

source
Newell Highway reduced speed limit

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
People who don't look when reversing and nearly hit you when you have nowhere to go to avoid them :/

4 separate people did this to me in a westfield car park today...I swear Christmas shopping turns people crazy or some shit. This one lady was the absolute worst - I was in a fairly long line of cars all heading for the exit, and this woman in front of me stops suddenly and starts reversing, quite fast, without even bothering to check behind her (!) trying to get herself into an empty parking space...I was like 1.5 metres behind her WTF, there was no way she was getting into that space without hitting me and I had nowhere to go because there was a car right behind me.

I'm not a perfect driver by any means but you know, basic safety, come on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)