Most efficient way of remembering a large sum of notes (1 Viewer)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
revise, summarise, analyse.
Just read 2-3 times and get the important points out and just remember it. (writing it down is helpful)

Aysce

HSC
I can't guarantee that this is the most efficient or effective way of memorising large sums of notes, but what I did (and still do mind you) was trying to make everything visual. For instance, drawing up a flow chart or visualising the content and putting it into a story. I felt that was most effective for me but obviously, some things are hard to remember using this technique.

klee98

HSC
Really depends on you...
My teacher told me to stick up notes on the sides of your bathroom. So when you take a piss or something, it'll remind you of your notes.
I just recite it like telling myself a story, it'll stay in my brain for about 2-3 days.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I think the better solution is to make these notes smaller :p

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Visualise it in your head. Link it with other info. Associate it with stuff you already know. Understanding helps immensely.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I have always been a huge fan of the read cover write method. It's time consuming but i could rote around 450 words an hour on an average day

AAAAB

HSC
N/A
Teach the content to somebody or something.

Have them ask questions. That way, you're engaging with the content and they'll often ask you the easier questions that you probably don't have in your notes.

Once you've done that, you've addressed both the easy and hard sections to your subject.

I find that all the content solidifies after I've done that once.

Chris_S

HSC
I try to do a mind map of the syllabus in parts! For example, in PDHPE I will do a mind map for the principles of training and have definitions and examples around it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)