Most Interesting thing You've learnt so far in your degree at UNSW (1 Viewer)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
For me:

If we consider a pool table (normal with 6 holes in it)
and we have an electron on the pool table, which is moving around, according to Quantum physics the electron MUST pass through all 6 holes at the same time.

What is yours?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Helen Patterson is hot

(she was one of my psyc lecturers)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
value sleep. its the next best thing after sexy time

Uncle

Banned
HSC
From PHYS1121 (extended) and MATH1231 calculus.

Mechanical resonances.
A forced unbound oscillation where the induced frequency is approaching the natural frequency of the physical system such as a bridge and is represented by a second order non-homogeneous differential equation with a forcing function below.

[maths]my'' + cy' + ky = F_{0}cos(\omega t)[/maths]

Skipping to the chase, the solution to the differential equation is:

[maths]y = Acos(\omega_{0}t) + Bsin(\omega_{0}t) + \frac{F_{0}t}{2m\omega_{0}}sin(\omega_{0}t)[/maths]

...and when physical systems experience this kind of unbound forced oscillation, it is known as resonance and THAT IS WHEN YOU GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE.
This is represented by collapsing bridges when soldiers all march at the same time or when the wind coincidentally sets up those frequencies.
Also applies when some idiot with a microphone walks too close to another microphone and/or speakers (whatever) and you hear this increasing high pitched sound which fucks your ears over.

Helen Patterson is hot

(she was one of my psyc lecturers)
i found the iraqi CAD lecturer for my ENGG1000 pretty damn hot damn hotter.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
From PHYS1121 (extended) and MATH1231 calculus.

Mechanical resonances.
A forced unbound oscillation where the induced frequency is approaching the natural frequency of the physical system such as a bridge and is represented by a second order non-homogeneous differential equation with a forcing function below.

[maths]my'' + cy' + ky = F_{0}cos(\omega t)[/maths]

Skipping to the chase, the solution to the differential equation is:

[maths]y = Acos(\omega_{0}t) + Bsin(\omega_{0}t) + \frac{F_{0}t}{2m\omega_{0}}sin(\omega_{0}t)[/maths]

...and when physical systems experience this kind of unbound forced oscillation, it is known as resonance and THAT IS WHEN YOU GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE.
This is represented by collapsing bridges when soldiers all march at the same time or when the wind coincidentally sets up those frequencies.
Also applies when some idiot with a microphone walks too close to another microphone and/or speakers (whatever) and you hear this increasing high pitched sound which fucks your ears over.

I tried to derive that equation for resonance during the summer break, i got a weird and ugly Differential equation, Which didn't match up :(

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Come on UNSW people your degrees can't be THAT boring ?

HSC
In Soviet Russia UNSW degrees learns you...
etc etc

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
this one time we were talking about compromising systems, we learnt about buffer overflows, where you continue writing information past your allocated memory space into space your not usually allowed in.

When the program is executed, you might be able to access restricted parts of a system. You have performed hax.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
When asian people say "yes", they mean to let you know that they are listening, rather than answering a question -- foundation of law

note: i'm asian.

jemb0t

HSC
the most Charlie Chaplin ever spoke in a movie was in the 1940 film The Great Dictator.
and
Even after a screen has been exposed to the halogen lamp in printmaking the design is not visible until AFTER you rinse your screen.
I got really disappointed when i took my screen off the vacuum table to find that i couldn't see my design... i felt really stupid about 30seconds later.

HSC
An early drug intended to alleviate morning sickness ironically resulted in some babies being born with no arms or legs if taken during certain periods of prenatal development.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
An early drug intended to alleviate morning sickness ironically resulted in some babies being born with no arms or legs if taken during certain periods of prenatal development.
Ah yes i learnt about that in chemistry, it was quite sad :(

LordPc

HSC
the behaviour of the graph sin(1/x) graph near the origin was pretty interesting in my calculus lecture today.

and my algebra tutor telling our class "infinity is a very precise term. every time you use the infinity symbol in first year, your probably wrong" lol

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
the behaviour of the graph sin(1/x) graph near the origin was pretty interesting in my calculus lecture today.

and my algebra tutor telling our class "infinity is a very precise term. every time you use the infinity symbol in first year, your probably wrong" lol
HEY ! thats my favourite curve !

I have plotted the curve sin(Pi/x) So many times on maple.

Plot it from -0.0001 to 0. 0001 and see the awesomeness

Muimo

HSC
Ive learnt that programming in "C" is much more confusing than programming in VBA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)