Most Overrated Games (1 Viewer)

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
WoW has probably reached pandemic status. I'm sure it's killed more people than swine flu and effectively crippled the lives of many others.

DanteEX

HSC
fact: everyone who has said any game is overrated has never experienced the finer points of that game. DERRRR
I own and still play Halo 3... It's Still Overrated, I expected a much better game, It's basically the same fucking game from Halo 2 with a few more guns and skins (Multiplayer is good though, game still overrated though)

I own and have finished all the Console GTA games, they're all Overrated aswell (Instead of being a Great game its kind of a mediocre blend of genres, it's a mediocre shooter, mediocre adventure, mediocre driving, mediocre at every aspect it immitates.... The only good things about the games are the pop culture references and hommages in the game story... and music)

I own and finished Final Fantasy 7 and I'm pretty sure that tops my list of the Most Overrated Game of all time... Seriously. 9 is greatly underrated and I thought that was a WHOLE lot better than 7.

As for WoW, I played it and didn't like it... Therefore I can't really say its Overrated if its not my personal cup of tea, But those other games are greatly overrated

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
As for WoW, I played it and didn't like it... Therefore I can't really say its Overrated if its not my personal cup of tea, But those other games are greatly overrated
You make an interesting point. I've always said people will love WoW or hate it. I loved it, but could totally understand how someone would hate it.

I guess that's how people can find it "overated" - people are so polarized about it. Or you're just an ignorant moron that likes jumping on the "lol WoW" bandwagon; either way.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I own and finished Final Fantasy 7 and I'm pretty sure that tops my list of the Most Overrated Game of all time... Seriously. 9 is greatly underrated and I thought that was a WHOLE lot better than 7.
I'm also of the opinion that FF7 is immensely overrated. Not really a fan of FF9 either. FF8 does it for me =)

Passa91

HSC
N/A
BioShock. Plays like a layman's version of Deus Ex or System Shock 2. That's what happens when you dumb down games for consoles.

And FF:VII of course. I actually don't mind it, but it certainly isn't worthy of the universal praise it gets from fanboys everywhere. How do people seriously get so involved in the narrative? Cloud is just your stereotypical, boring JRPG protagonist.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
BioShock. Plays like a layman's version of Deus Ex or System Shock 2. That's what happens when you dumb down games for consoles.

And FF:VII of course. I actually don't mind it, but it certainly isn't worthy of the universal praise it gets from fanboys everywhere. How do people seriously get so involved in the narrative? Cloud is just your stereotypical, boring JRPG protagonist.
That stereotype originates from Cloud.

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC
Killzone liberation for PSP.... Seriously its crap.. I got told it was "really good" and about half hour into the game i realised that the story does not make up for the crap gameplay... But i guess thats one of the problems with PSP? Crap gameplay? Although i have seen one or two good games on PSP...

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
So why does everyone think Halo is over-rated? Do you actually think it's a bad game, or are you all annoyed because so many people like it?

The only game that sticks out for me is Crysis, or what little I've played of it. It had promise, I guess, but after about an hour of it the game still seemed like another slightly-above-average-but-not-deserving-of-all-this-hype FPS, and I gave up.

No fucking way, I love that game. Easily top 5 all time for me. Though the story was the clincher for me, so maybe that's why you don't like it. Have you got anything in specific against it?

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
I reckon Halo 3 was great.. Although it really pissed me off when the master chief dies :( Well i think he died? I saw his spartan number on a big stone... think its 116?
You obviously didn't watch far enough - they could never kill the chief.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I reckon Halo 3 was great.. Although it really pissed me off when the master chief dies :( Well i think he died? I saw his spartan number on a big stone... think its 116?
He was last seen floating off towards a black planet with the marathon symbol on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)