M.T.T.

HSC
Also, any JRPG ever.

You mean every single RPG ever made. :)

-Fallout 3
-Oblivion
-WoW
-Final Fantasy

Also, Super Smash Brothers series is overrated. Only worth it if you are into the original games. Myself, I'm a playstation boy.

bayside9

HSC
Id like to point out the underrated games. Minesweeper is fucking hard.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I don't know if anyone has posted this link yet.

I think Halo 3 personally... and this sums up my view perfectly.

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Halo 3

If you've never watched zero punctuation before... do it.... now...
He even explains in the video that he hasnt played the previous two games.

It would be like saying to someone who has never watched LoTRs to go watch the last movie and do a review.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
He even explains in the video that he hasnt played the previous two games.

It would be like saying to someone who has never watched LoTRs to go watch the last movie and do a review.
That's a poor analogy, it's a standalone product. Playing the other two games doesn't increase the quality of Halo 3, it's not like the story arc is anything original.

If anything, playing Halo 3 as your first, would increase your impression as all the gameplay devices, setting, character, design and gameplay would be relatively novel.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
That's a poor analogy, it's a standalone product. Playing the other two games doesn't increase the quality of Halo 3, it's not like the story arc is anything original.

If anything, playing Halo 3 as your first, would increase your impression as all the gameplay devices, setting, character, design and gameplay would be relatively novel.
H1 introduces you to the covenant
H2 shows the Elites breaking away from the Covenant (This should have been the last game in the Arc, but M$ was pushing for the product to be made quicker, so the ending was cut short)
H3 ends the arc.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
H2 shows the Elites breaking away from the Covenant (This should have been the last game in the Arc, but M$ was pushing for the product to be made quicker, so the ending was cut short)
H3 ends the arc.
I'm worried that you're going to come and whittle through my letterbox now fanboy....

but seriously... the story is irrelevant... the point he makes is that the game just isn't THAT good...

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
H3 ends the arc.
I'm not arguing it doesn't have a story arc.

It's hardly a groundbreaking classic of sci-fi literature. If you think Halo deserves its high rating because the plot is amazing, you're not very well read.

I don't like fps, so I can't comment on how it deserves to be rated due to gameplay.

Drewx

HSC
Go suck on your wooden goblet you role play gaming faggots.
This is what CoD 4 felt to me

Getting exp, item builds, leveling up to get better items. Sound like a RPG to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)