Motion prac for Physics assessment? (1 Viewer)

k-cullen

HSC
Hey all,

I have a prac coming up for physics at school and we are doing topic 1 the Space one. I want to be able to have some idea of what I could be asked to do (all formulas given) as it is all in class. I need to do graphs, tables and stuff as well as evaluate reliability and appropriateness...............................

What pracs did people do for yr 12 assessment on the Space topic?
Thanks alot! :)

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
we have to do a pendulum experiment in class and answer stuff on it. If you use the jacaranda book you can find the prac. im sure other textbooks have it. best of luck. my task is worth 15%

Last edited:

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
When I did my Space Prac Test we had to set up a ramp and marble and predict the range of the projectile by placing a cup at the proposed distance. It didn't matter if it went in the cup, but all the calculations had to be there.
I remember the "trick" for that exam was knowing that if you drop a marble and project a marble at the same time from the same height, they will hit the ground at the same time.

Just in case it comes up XD

k-cullen

HSC
Awesome! We did the pendulum one from jacaranda earlier this term, but I think possibly it could be on centripetal motion given that we are suddenly rushing to learn it before the assessment. Any more hints or tricks? :D

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Wrong thread guys

I did the pendulum experiment for space. It's an extremely popular experiment.

Centripetal motion? That concept itself isn't assessable in Year 12 as a practical experiment.
perform an investigation and gather information to determine a value for acceleration due to gravity using pendulum motion or computer assisted technology and identify reason for possible variations from the value 9.8 ms-2
perform a first-hand investigation, gather information and analyse data to calculate initial and final velocity, maximum height reached, range and time of flight of a projectile for a range of situations by using simulations, data loggers and computer analysis
perform an investigation to help distinguish between non-inertial and inertial frames of reference

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)