MOVIE: Closer (1 Viewer)

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
well if u go see it, let me at least warn u it isnt a "love story" like i was told.

i hated hated it!

anyways, discuss

alien

HSC
berk the oc. berk chad michael murray. lol i saw this interview thing on oprah today (yes i watched oprah) and it looked all right. a bit weird.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
thanks asq, seen them all cept sponge bob lol! i spose im just a feel-good-movie type girl. i dont think that should be ripped off.... i like light weighted stuff, funny stuff, girly stuff, but then again i like big cry movies and lots of other stuff. i hate scary movies/thrillers/the F word and sex films.

alien

HSC
yeah closer does look pretty shanky. actually very shanky. maybe i'll just watch the incredibles again lol

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
Asquithian said:
...oh I forgot

'Win a date with Tad Hamilton!'

see that too if you are into light and fluffy.
ohh i love that movie

i didnt really like the prince and me tho.

Fry

you can add Suddenly 30 to your list. it was the most biggest piece of fluff ive ever seen...and i liked it.

does Natalie Portman bare her butt in the movie?

Andrea86

HSC
N/A
Fry said:
you can add Suddenly 30 to your list. it was the most biggest piece of fluff ive ever seen...and i liked it.
I loved Suddenly 30! .. The soundtrack's pretty good too

"Vanilla Ice Ice, Baby..." ;)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
you know what asqy, i completely agree with you.
it was a love story, a complicated one which was hilarious and witty and full of betrayal and lust.

it should have been obvious from the trailers that it wasn't going to be a 'light and fluffy movie'. i think that if you think love is just all fluffy stuff and all that bullshit, you need a reality check. i thought this movie was great, and such a true depiction of what a bastard love can be some times.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
I have no idea what this movie is about, but it's got really good reviews, an all-star cast and nominated awards.. so it's GOTTA be good ! Been waiting for this movie like 2 months ago.. anywho a movie with Jude Law in it ? You can't go wrong.

R

rhapsodic

I hated 'win a date with tad hamilton' - i still don't understand why i paid $11.50 to go see it....

'Closer' is a very twisted love story.

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
I saw 'Closer' today. I'm still in two minds about it. I realised it wasn't supposed to be a romantic comedy - it's supposed to be about real relationships, real problems, lust, betrayal etc.

I thought it was a good movie - Natalie Portman was really good. I wouldn't say I loved it, but it had its moments.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I want to see it for Natalie Portmann alone. I reckon she's great, and with her performance in Garden State, I'm sure she can better it in Closer. I'll see it one of these days soon.

All I know is, Jude Law very rarely selects bad roles...he's always been in ace movies. IMO, he's the new Johnny Depp. Looking forward to seeing it.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
that was a real stinker of a movie. i cant even remember the character names, but the doctor was an extremely creepy guy. he would make lots of money as a stockbroker.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
whats the song in the trailer of this movie? its awesome
jem- come on closer

i might be seeing this today. Seems like it will be good, im over all typical fluffy romance shit, too much of it around.

rumour

HSC
rhapsodic said:
I hated 'win a date with tad hamilton' - i still don't understand why i paid $11.50 to go see it....

'Closer' is a very twisted love story.
Yeah same...even though I missed the first 15 minutes of it...

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I really wanna see this movie. This movie looks so good. It covers issues that you would never see happen in real life. I mean, who'd wanna know whether the person they cheated on was better than you in bed or wanna know what exactlyit was they did with them? Thoughts?

Plus, Natalie Portman and Clive Owen won best supporting actors at the GOlden Globes.

Amryllis

HSC
I saw Closer last night. It was really weird, even random and confusing sometimes... The passage of time wasn't made clear enough. Your could only tell when the characters talk about how long it's been. But as someone said before, it did have its moments.

I also hate the F word and they said it way too much in the movie.

How weird is Larry the dermatologist? He was totally sick (and NOT in the "fully siiiick" sense).

The whole movie was a tragic, twisted love story... I'd give it 7/10.

My boyfriend: "the moral of the story is: when you're a rebound girl, you get more sex!" He gave it 5.5/10 :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)