MOVIE: Closer (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
I thought Closer was the most ridiculous movie I've ever seen. I've never seen a movie that mentioned sex so much. That Larry guy was so upfront about sex- it was funny and stupid at the same time.

Last edited:

aimstar555

HSC
i saw it with my bf when it came out. was alrite, not the best movie i've ever seen. lacked abit of substance, but natalie portman and clive owen were INCREDABLE. both jude law and julia roberts....disapointing. LOVED the opening song...can't take my eyes off you...:)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Jude Law is in every movie right now.

This movie,
that alfie movie

and that plane one with Angelina Jolie and Renee Zellwegger i frikin can't spell.

My ranting ends here

tennille

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Jude Law is in every movie right now.

This movie,
that alfie movie

and that plane one with Angelina Jolie and Renee Zellwegger i frikin can't spell.

My ranting ends here
Isnt it Gwyneth Paltrow, not Renee Zellwegger?

But whatever movie Jude Law has starred in has been a flop.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
yeah its gwen... grr I hate her!!! and leo as well grrrr!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Tennille said:
Isnt it Gwyneth Paltrow, not Renee Zellwegger?

But whatever movie Jude Law starred has been a flop.
ahaha whoops. realli? oh god no. I realli don't like Gwyneth.

nahhh, I liked "Music from another room" and "Gattica". The ones before he was such a hotshot? The rest I'm not so sure.

~Dreamer

HSC
i hated the movie - it was so confusing, and bland, and so unrealistic that it made me cry and laugh at the same time.

tennille

HSC
~Dreamer said:
i hated the movie - it was so confusing, and bland, and so unrealistic that it made me cry and laugh at the same time.
I agree (10 char).

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
really great dialogue and acting. liked it because it took a different spin on relationships.

clive owen was great:p

tennille

HSC
He was the weirdest of all the characters. It's not the acting that sucked. Just the character was a bit wrong.

Amryllis

HSC
Asquithian said:
after what? ;)
After watching the movie :p

I thought that the best supporting roles award was well deserved by Natalie Portman and Clive Owens. Portman's character in this movie is probably the most skin-showing and daring role she's done so far.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Ah! Obviously none of you people have any real experience of relationships or of being quite fucked in the head because while the situations themself may not have been realistic, the character responses were VERY realistic.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
I saw it last night and liked it.

- It was cool how only the four main characters spoke (except for a cab driver who we never saw and the LAST person to speak in the movie - the customs officer) i only realised this about ten minutes towards the end and then the credits said it was a 6 person cast.
- Most of the music (apart from three songs) was from the opera Cosi Fan Tutte. We studied Cosi for english and know that the whole opera is about ideas of love, fidelity and love & fidelity as a single unit which was soooo appropriate for this movie.
- It didn't end how one would expect a love story should, that was cool... i wont spoil it though.
- I started off loving every character (as we met them) and hated them all by the end except Alice.
- The scene in Larry & Anna's loft was really strong. I loved it. I fully gasped and applauded when he was like "Now fuck off and die!" I actually liked Larry for his wankerness though.

That is all.

tennille

HSC
glycerine said:
Ah! Obviously none of you people have any real experience of relationships or of being quite fucked in the head because while the situations themself may not have been realistic, the character responses were VERY realistic.
People have different opinions of the movie so you don't have to go sticking it up everyone just because they didn't like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)