Movies in 3D (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Are they any good? Or does it ruin the movie?

I saw Avatar in 2D, but people who saw it in 3D say it was really good.

I'd think the 3D stuff would just get annoying and ruin the movie, but then again i havnt seen a movie in 3D.

Also there are a couple of movies coming out that i wanna see, How To Train Your Dragon and Clash Of The Titans, and they're both coming out in 3D as well as 2D, and im thinking about watching them in 3D...

Opinions, go!

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC

I'd think the 3D stuff would just get annoying and ruin the movie, but then again i havnt seen a movie in 3D.

Also there are a couple of movies coming out that i wanna see, How To Train Your Dragon and Clash Of The Titans, and they're both coming out in 3D as well as 2D, and im thinking about watching them in 3D...

Opinions, go!
Problem with 3D is that if it's not done right, it just fails.

Another problem is that, when I saw Avatar in 3D, I saw the 2D version and it just wasn't as good. The colours weren't as vibrant and it's not as easy to get as involved with the movie when it's 2D.

I sat in the front section, looked like I had parts of the movie flying past me etc.

assiduous

HSC
3d avatar was awesome!!!
if u didn't see it in 3d, you wasted your money.

HSC
Omar, it's the plot that's the most important. Just read the movie plot on wikipedia or spoiler reviews on imdb. Stuff the film altogether, 2D or 3D!

HSC
But the point of watching a movie is to experience the visuals?

Otherwise I'd just read a book...
I really have to stop being sarcastic on the internet. Some guy was having a cry on my friend's facebook status because I told him he was hindering female self determination and he didn't get it.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I really have to stop being sarcastic on the internet. Some guy was having a cry on my friend's facebook status because I told him he was hindering female self determination and he didn't get it.
Ha. You just gotta make it obvious that you're typing in sarcasm. I never have a problem with it.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I actually really dislike 3D movies. A lot of the time the 3D really isn't necessary/noticeable.
I saw Avatar in 3D twice and felt that it would have been just as good in normal cinema. The same goes for Up and Alice in Wonderland (the only part that was really good was the Jabberwocky).

It's really just a more expensive way to see a movie. Plus you have to wear the stupid glasses.
Just go see the movie in general cinema and spend the extra $4 on chips or something.

Also, if you're near a Greater Union and/or Event cinema then get yourself one of those $8 Movie Mondays cards. Cheap movies on Monday and Tuesday :D

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I actually really dislike 3D movies. A lot of the time the 3D really isn't necessary/noticeable.
I saw Avatar in 3D twice and felt that it would have been just as good in normal cinema. The same goes for Up and Alice in Wonderland (the only part that was really good was the Jabberwocky).

It's really just a more expensive way to see a movie. Plus you have to wear the stupid glasses.
Just go see the movie in general cinema and spend the extra $4 on chips or something.

Also, if you're near a Greater Union and/or Event cinema then get yourself one of those $8 Movie Mondays cards. Cheap movies on Monday and Tuesday :D
The gimmick wears out fast. Totally unnecessary.
eye strain
thats what i thought.

i think i'll go see em in 2D then.

HalcyonSky

HSC
for retards that want to stare at pretty things for 2 hours straight.

it detracts from the plot (which is a good thing for avatar, given the plot and was the result of james cameron taking a shit on the script and randomly smudging it around) and turns film into a big mindless visual blowjob

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I didnt like Avatar in 3D, there was not enough 3D components in the movie, but I think 3D is better for those animated movies since they actually have 3D throughout the whole thing. Plus the colours in 3D kinda suck.

hood hood

HSC

Opinions, go!
lol it depends on what you see.. like the only movie that i liked in 3d was final destination 4 i think it was.. it was awesome in 3d well thats only if your into people getting sliced to death or like horror movies lmao :) 3ds better in horror and action movies

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah but i dont wanna get distracted by things flying out of the screen towards my face and having to dodge every few mins :S

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
yeah but i dont wanna get distracted by things flying out of the screen towards my face and having to dodge every few mins :S
The 3D is NEVER that good.
The only movie I've seen (or seen bits and pieces of) that had decent 3D like that was Journey to the Centre of the Earth. The 3D in that film was really well done.
And the bit with the Jabberwocky in Alice in Wonderland (as in, the 3D in the rest of the film was just blah).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)