• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Movies most people don't get (1 Viewer)

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
This movie about some people in a submarine. Was pretty confusing.

laurenmoss

HSC
oo man holy mountain.. obviously just a movie made fucked on drugs, i don't think anyone could ever understand it. worth watching it

bawd

HSC
Brokeback Mountain. Well, they get the basic storyline, but most of the people I know are confused about certain parts as well as Heath's horrid accent in the movie.

HSC
Bobness said:
:jaw:

And you call yourself an english major?

P.S. what's your overall WAM lah? And are you doing honours over at usyd?
Sociology and Policy majors. Wam of 81ish

There are just these scenes that have nothing to do with anything - like the weird monster in the alley part, and the telephone calls in the red room. It is confusing :(

Pace_T

HSC
lucky number slevin

except i dont even get it. no one i know does. incredibly confusing and shit because of it.

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
Riet said:
Just watched 12 monkeys. Now that was pretty weird.
The great thing about 12 Monkeys is the ending is left open ambiguously on purpose, give it multiple viewings and you'll find yourself coming up with multiple theories on what will happen.

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
A movie that I didn't understand is Donnie Darko. I have no idea what the hell happened.

Pace_T said:
lucky number slevin

except i dont even get it. no one i know does. incredibly confusing and shit because of it.
I didn't find it too difficult.

***************SPOILER***************

Slevin was the boy at the beginning and the rest is explained thoroughly at the end.

jennieTalia

HSC
Still surprised by the vast amount of people that don't understand fight club :S
I mean really...

Or for intentionally confusing movies, things like 'hide and seek'

Or movies that think they are so clever they have to go back and show you all the clues, whereas in reality it was just boring all along 'The Village'

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
ah the village is so horrible. it was painful watching it!

snow falling on red cedars anyone?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I think most people miss the anarchist message of fight club. Like those kids who set up real life fight clubs, kind of missing the point.

Then again, the movie really makes no sense. Why would edward norton want to stop the destruction of the credit card companies?

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Do not understand Mullholland Drive. Have watched it several times.

There was even a list of clues that came with the DVD, but I didn't understand the clues.

:eek:
Yep dont get it either...watched it twice.
I mean, what happened to her? Maybe i need to watch it again...

jennieTalia

HSC
Graney said:
I think most people miss the anarchist message of fight club. Like those kids who set up real life fight clubs, kind of missing the point.

Then again, the movie really makes no sense. Why would edward norton want to stop the destruction of the credit card companies?
Ha! I think nobody gets it unless you read the book, which sheds slightly more light... and I think deserves a re-read from me :O
I love the Brad Pitt irony though, as he stands there and says (something along the lines of) 'We're never going to be movie stars/famous' etc! That was definately a direcors touch.

Ahahaa to the red cedars comment!! It was like throw in a whole bunch of meaningless symbolism in the form of the colour red, and a blind chick who sees... THE COLOUR RED and then get them all to run around in period costumes... and VOILA your crap on a plate. I mean seriously, you could drive a train through the gaps in that film...

jennieTalia

HSC
PrettyOddProlix said:
Darren Aronofsky's Pi.
It was also really Jewish.
How can it be really Jewish?
Explain please =)

A lot of people don't get The Butterfly Effect or Donnie Darko... although I found them both alright to understand and just about watchable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)