Movies to go along with 1984 (1 Viewer)

Conroy Blood

HSC
Hello, I was looking for Movies for Texts and Human Experience for a multimodal analysis. We been given our prompt to work with:"There are only two ways to influence human behaviour: you can manipulate it, or you can inspire it." I was hoping to find a movie that would fit well with this prompt as work well with 1984. Ideally, it would be something juxtaposing 1984 and something that supposedly inspires change in human experience.
Thanks

uniqueusername1

HSC
Hello, I was looking for Movies for Texts and Human Experience for a multimodal analysis. We been given our prompt to work with:"There are only two ways to influence human behaviour: you can manipulate it, or you can inspire it." I was hoping to find a movie that would fit well with this prompt as work well with 1984. Ideally, it would be something juxtaposing 1984 and something that supposedly inspires change in human experience.
Thanks
Up

HSC
There's an animated film called 1984. I can remember watching it in Year 10 last year. Are you doing English standard by any chance?

username_2

HSC
Thanks
If you're looking for a syllabus prescribed move for Mod A, Billy Elliot isnt too bad.

Hiheyhello

HSC
Thanks
i feel like if you want a film that “juxtaposes” 1984 and “inspires” change, you could look at a film that explores anarchy -the opposite of being under a totalitarian regime, yet incites it’s own social issues

annoyingly a specific film hasn’t come to mind , but i feel like researching films with anarchy (opposite to the notion of ‘big brother’) would be a good place to start

uniqueusername1

HSC
i feel like if you want a film that “juxtaposes” 1984 and “inspires” change, you could look at a film that explores anarchy -the opposite of being under a totalitarian regime, yet incites it’s own social issues

annoyingly a specific film hasn’t come to mind , but i feel like researching films with anarchy (opposite to the notion of ‘big brother’) would be a good place to start
lol i did an aboriginal poem as my related text for 1984. I thought it was such a sweaty idea they had to give me a juicy 20/20. Boy oh boy was I wrong. Well the poster let me down (which school makes their students make a POSTER). Otherwise the reflection was sweaty asf but, still :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)