Moving out after HSC? (1 Viewer)

saaraah11

HSC
I didn't really know where to post this, but is anyone moving out of home straight after the HSC? As in moving away to go to university, whether living on campus or not. If so where are you going and how far away?

If you already have, how are you liking it? Is it lonely or was it initially hard to make new friends?
I was set on moving away to Queensland after the HSC but now that its all approaching, I don't feel too confident about leaving.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
this is my personal situation.
i will be living at home and working full time from november 2009 to january 2010.
from Jan 2010 to Jan 2011 i will be living in Norway.
then when i get back i will be moving out for Uni.

im sure you will be fine moving away, yes it is a massive step, but im sure alot of other 1st years will be in ther same boat.

anyway, im sorry i have no first hand experience in this.

Epic

HSC
Yeah I'll be moving from the north coast of NSW to either Sydney or Canberra next year...That's 800km away from home lol.

dynan

HSC
I'll be living at home during 2010 just to get enough money behind me so i can move to go to uni in melbs
thanks to k-rudd i have no other choice but to work so i can support myself until i can find a job in melbs

six demon bag

HSC
Whether I get into the course I want or not (hopefully cos that would make life a lot easier), I'm moving to Syd with a friend pretty much right after the hsc. The central coast can be a sad place. I'm at syd pretty much once a week anyway to see play/band/something so life will be much easier soon haha.

KnifeySpoony

HSC
If all goes well, I'll be moving to Newcastle.
The main thing stopping me is money :(

hotdimsim

HSC
I'll be living at home during 2010 just to get enough money behind me so i can move to go to uni in melbs
thanks to k-rudd i have no other choice but to work so i can support myself until i can find a job in melbs
yes....its rudds fault you have to work to earn money and support yourself.

welcome to the real world

six demon bag

HSC
It's not going to cost me that much. I can get help moving and such (don't have much to move) off my stepdad/has access to trailer and stuff like that. Bonds i've looked at seem fairly affordable and I've saved up a bits of cash. Between work/ausstudy/living away from home allowance i should be fine. Between me and my friend im moving with, we already have lots of stuff - whatever we need in terms of furniture we're just getting at second hand stores.

saaraah11

HSC
If all goes well, I'll be moving to Newcastle.
The main thing stopping me is money :(
Haha I live in Newcastle at the moment.
I don't really think Newcastle has much to offer and Gold Coast is so much more appealing haha...but thats just my opinion. Do you want to go to Uni here?

How you guys planning to afford moving out straight after? Especially those moving hundreds of km's- losing any job they have
My dad is supporting me, it sounds spoilt and probably is, but I plan on eventually getting a job after I see how my uni course is... haha plus when he's old and I have a good education with a good paying job, he will be set up in a nice nursing home with all the luxuries included.

Paradox.101

HSC
I've thought about it... and I've talked to my friends about it, but on second thought it's too much of a hassle and it's expensive, so nope, I'd probably miss being around my family too lmao... but at the same time, I'd love to live on my own/with a friend... our house is a little too big, little time to clean it = messy as. Although i'd enjoy my own little crib I could pimp out :)

Niek

HSC
I'm hoping to go to college at USYD ... fingers crossed!
My parents said that if i dont have a gap year they will pay for my first year of college, which means i still gotta pay the fees for my degree, but it's better than nothing!!!:uhhuh:

ashllis92

HSC
I'm hoping to go to college at USYD ... fingers crossed!
My parents said that if i dont have a gap year they will pay for my first year of college, which means i still gotta pay the fees for my degree, but it's better than nothing!!!:uhhuh:
Which one/s are you applying to? Do you have interviews and stuff?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Will move out by February. Not specifically going anywhere, just moving out of home.
Plan to live off youth allowance ($611/fortnight) with a friend or two in an apartment, and a side job (hopefully tutoring).
Will be EPIC.

astroe

HSC
Eurgh, I'm not planning to move out but I think I'll get kicked out if I don't get my 99.95. :p

I wish I could afford to move out and live on my own in the city or something, would be epic. Good luck though!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Will move out by February. Not specifically going anywhere, just moving out of home.
Plan to live off youth allowance ($611/fortnight) with a friend or two in an apartment, and a side job (hopefully tutoring).
Will be EPIC.
I'm telling you now man, this is not going to work.

Sarebs

HSC
I think I will move (kind of) straight after the HSC. Like spend half my time here and half my time 500kms away in Sydney.

Will hopefully get into USyd and Sydney University Village, if not, I will live with my grandparents in Sutherland. Fun lol

ay0_x

HSC
what the 611 a fortnight from youth allowance? Is that a serious number? I'm not moving out till next year, will be 21 in june- Ehh still qualify?
Don't get excited, Idk where she got 611 from but the maximum you can really get is 520...

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I like the idea of moving out to live with a couple of mates, but my parents won't let me anyway. I'll move out when I'm married..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)