MQ b.comm -> UNSW b.comm (1 Viewer)

creativeeco_

HSC
What first-year units should I do to make most of my units transferable to UNSW?

quickoats

HSC
UNSW is changing their BCom program so I’m not too sure.

From MQ first year comm, these typical units will probably transfer over: stat1250, acst1001,accg1000, econ1020, not too sure about the marketing and mgmt courses.

Econ1021, afin1002, accg1002 should also transfer over nicely

idkkdi

HSC
UNSW is changing their BCom program so I’m not too sure.

From MQ first year comm, these typical units will probably transfer over: stat1250, acst1001,accg1000, econ1020, not too sure about the marketing and mgmt courses.

Econ1021, afin1002, accg1002 should also transfer over nicely
do uni's care about transfers who took a crap tonne of WAM boosters?

quickoats

HSC
do uni's care about transfers who took a crap tonne of WAM boosters?
Probably not but who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️UAC and friends aren't awfully transparent about non-ATAR methods of entry but if your WAM or GPA is equivalent to the ATAR then you're in... This only applies for degrees without really competitive ATARs (below 97?).

Typical WAM boosting units (like actual actual WAM boost not a 'HD might be achievable in this unit') probably won't get course credit over though. Exhibit A: "Drugs Across Cultures", "Why People Believe Weird Things", "Sex, Chaos and Mathematical Pleasure" etc.

Note that most of these business school units I mentioned are kinda typical (first year accounting, basic stats for business, micro/macro, first yr finance) and would be found in all unis (under different names and codes) so I guess credit transfer gets facilitated quite well.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What's your major you are planning to do.

Might have to redo your accounting units if you want to be eligible for CA/CPA without having to do bridging units.

creativeeco_

HSC
Accounting/Finance major
I've heard with the new course changes, none of the units at mq will be transferable.

creativeeco_

HSC
Should I go for UNSW arts and then transfer into commerce or stick to going to mq for first year?

quickoats

HSC
Should I go for UNSW arts and then transfer into commerce or stick to going to mq for first year?
You probably won't be able to transfer any of the arts units over into a commerce degree (maybe as elective but not sure) since the new COMM units probably won't be available to BA students.

External transfer isn't too hard, and repeating some introductory units is a pain, but at least going to MQ guarantees you'll be doing accounting/finance in the case you don't get the marks to go to UNSW BCom rather than being stuck at UNSW BA.

Another option (if you have the marks) is to do the UNSW B Arts and Business. This is a single degree - treat it like an Arts degree just with a little taste of business units which will transfer into the BCom.

creativeeco_

HSC
You probably won't be able to transfer any of the arts units over into a commerce degree (maybe as elective but not sure) since the new COMM units probably won't be available to BA students.

External transfer isn't too hard, and repeating some introductory units is a pain, but at least going to MQ guarantees you'll be doing accounting/finance in the case you don't get the marks to go to UNSW BCom rather than being stuck at UNSW BA.

Another option (if you have the marks) is to do the UNSW B Arts and Business. This is a single degree - treat it like an Arts degree just with a little taste of business units which will transfer into the BCom.
Currently doing b.comm at MQ
How do start applying for an external transfer?
I've contacted UNSW, but the only information provided was that a 75WAM is considered competitive.

quickoats

HSC
Currently doing b.comm at MQ
How do start applying for an external transfer?
I've contacted UNSW, but the only information provided was that a 75WAM is considered competitive.
Through UAC just like you’re in year 12. Just gotta pay $70 which is a pain but ehh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)