MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
Has anyone done ACCG100- Accounting in Society, how did you find it personally?
Yah. It was ok. Kinda got a bit tedious and annoying. If you follow all the materials provided there should be no reason why you dont HD

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
"New to MQ? With SIX more days to go until O Week is underway, here are some important welcome events to get you settled in:

- Mon 18 Feb: Welcome to Orientation Week | Macquarie Theatre | 12:30-1pm
- Weds 20 Feb: Accommodation Welcome | Macquarie Theatre | 3-4pm
- Thurs 21 Feb: Postgraduate Student Welcome | Campus Common, 12 Macquarie Walk | 6- 8pm
- Fri 22 Feb: International Student Welcome | Macquarie Theatre | 10am-12pm

Check out the full schedule here: https://macq.it/2SlWuEh :

Source: MQ facebook page https://www.facebook.com/macquarieu...qtCHR35XYOhllL-XXvTd5oKJo02aYrSw80DH3JG322LJg

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't seem to have a SSAF fee to pay, is this some sort of beautiful glitch, or is it just me?
Seems to be a glitch, check if you are suppose to pay from the link below. SSAF meant to be come visible to buy a day after you've enrolled.
https://www.mq.edu.au/study/admissions/fees-and-costs/student-services-and-amenities-fee

You've might've had it deferred to HECs though. Might want to check it out as otherwise it may stop you from accessing uni results later in the semester.

HSC
N/A
no its never been a problem before - ill call student connect tomorrow because i think its due by the end of the week

HSC
N/A
So if anyone else is interested I got told SSAF has not yet been issued and might be ~ Mar 10th! This is the first time in my 3+ years at MQ that the fee hasn't been asked prior to semester starting, I think?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also has anyone been to o-week? How busy is it? Need to get something sorted regarding Uni and tossing up whether to ring or just come in.

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
Best book that you’ve read at Uni?
Hi! I really enjoyed Maus by Art Spielgman (gosh I spelt that wrong) or Possession by A.S Byatt.

Anyway, I am doing the following units:

ENGLISH
-Gothic Literature: 200 Level unit. Should be fun!
-Regency Literature: 300 Level unit. This I'm most excited about- the regency is a fascinating period in British history. The usual suspects- such as Jane Austen and Pope feature in this unit.
-Murder & Detective Literature: 300 Level unit. Finally, I get to study Agatha Christie! Not a genre I gravitate towards, but I believe when you study the humanities- you should get out of your comfort zone.

MODERN HISTORY
-American History. 300 Level unit. A bit concerned this subject will have students who are overly opinionated and aggressive (education should not be a battlefield), but it should be enjoyable learning the Cuban Missile Crisis, etc. I've had bad experience in the past with ~political~ subjects so I am cautious about this one.
-Renaissance Europe. 300 Level unit. I just visited Florence a few weeks back, so I feel my trip will enhance my enjoyment of this subject. iLearn page has already been posted, and it looks to be enjoyable. Will probably switch to external / online mode, because I'm not a fan of the weekly quizzes the Modern History department seems to be fond of.

--
Anyway, my reading list for Semester 1 is so long. Thank goodness we have a two-week semester break!

pistachioman

HSC
N/A
Do you have any advice for me as I start my first year at University? any tips, things i should be wary of, mistakes you may have made in terms of studying, assignments, etc.

Thank You. :jump:

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Do you have any advice for me as I start my first year at University? any tips, things i should be wary of, mistakes you may have made in terms of studying, assignments, etc.

what are you studying?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
How long does it take normally for lectures to come up online after class?
Should be a few hours. If it isn't update in a day or so (assuming the lecture gets recorded/normally posted) you can let the lecturer know generally that it has not been uploaded.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

1. Put in when assignments are due ( they sneak up on you) into a calendar and regularly check iLearn to so you know when tests/assignments are due
2. Numeracy centre can be helpful if you find yourself struggling
3. If in doubt, most lecturers/tutors have consultation hours and willing to help you go through problems if you are struggling
4. Join the GLEP programme!
5. Join cogsci for extra $ for on-campus experiments that are paid!
6. Attend a toga party at ubar some time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)