• Best of luck to the class of 2020 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the response.
I was hoping to do the degree then complete other certifications such as the CISSP later on. I haven't done SDD or IPT but what I've heard from students doing the degree is that you don't necessarily need this knowledge since they teach you early on. Regarding jobs I was looking at occupations such as an ethical hacker, risk analyst, data analyst etc. From what I know the field is still growing and new jobs are constantly being made.

Maybe also see if you can combine it with https://www.courses.mq.edu.au/2019/...elor-of-science-data-science/course-structure

Zippity_Zap

HSC
Ah, decent commute.

Any other Universities that you are considering?
I've got early offers for western syd (unconditional offers for a bachelor of applied finance and another for a bachelor of cyber security and behaviour) and UNSW (conditional offer for a bachelor of information systems) so I'm also considering those. Macquarie is still my no.1 goal rn though but that could change.

quickoats

HSC
I've got early offers for western syd (unconditional offers for a bachelor of applied finance and another for a bachelor of cyber security and behaviour) and UNSW (conditional offer for a bachelor of information systems) so I'm also considering those. Macquarie is still my no.1 goal rn though but that could change.
I've heard the MQ cybersecurity program is quite good since they've partnered up with Optus in their Cybersecurity Hub.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Think your best options are to take either UNSW or Macquarie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)