MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

ameher

HSC
Oh wow first I've heard of this. Does sound like a pretty handy thing though, so looking forward to it.

Do you have any experience with driving to uni btw? I'm considering paying yearly for parking and just showing up at 8AM (if i'm lucky enough to be able to get morning classes). I've heard that parking is okay at that time, but still not one hundred percent sure.
Yer it looks quite good, im looking forward to it.

Haha yer i sure do mate, i drive from the west, so it takes me an 1hr to get to uni, and i tend to leave early in the morning to get a spot.

I had lectures which started at 9, and i arrived between 8-8.30am and it was fine, after that is when it gets a bit crazy. I tend to park in the car park in front of the arts faculty, behind price theatre, you get some spots there.

I also find the parking outside the gym quite good aswell in the morning, but yes paying yearly for parking is worth it, if you come at the right time.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Nice. I should have started paying attention to parking last semester.

What's it like at 8am? Starting to fill up? (behind price theatre)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Also I should buy you a coffee or something to say thanks haha. That chat we had a little while ago played a big part in helping me work towards getting into law.

ameher

HSC
Nice. I should have started paying attention to parking last semester.

What's it like at 8am? Starting to fill up? (behind price theatre)
Behind price theatre at 8am its quite good, alot of free parking space. The window between 8am-8.30 is where you will get the best parking spots, after 8.30 is when the rush begins for the lectures that start at 9, and trust me ive been late arriving at 8.45 and it was terrible lol. But yer if you arrive at 8 you will be fine.

ameher

HSC
Also I should buy you a coffee or something to say thanks haha. That chat we had a little while ago played a big part in helping me work towards getting into law.
haha no worries mate, im glad you made it, you seem like you were determined, and that will go along way in you doing well in Law!, but yer definetely mate when i finalise my timetable i will post it up here, see if we can catch up at uni.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Awesome. Yeah I honestly don't mind hanging around for an hour or two before a lecture in exchange for parking. Would be a good time for some extra study.

http://www.mq.edu.au/iLearn/ This is going to be pretty interesting.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
haha no worries mate, im glad you made it, you seem like you were determined, and that will go along way in you doing well in Law!, but yer definetely mate when i finalise my timetable i will post it up here, see if we can catch up at uni.
Haha thanks man.

Yeah definitely looking forward to it.

Salliea

HSC
*O* The new campus card sounds awesome!!!

So, I'll take it that it'll be almost impossible to get a parking spot towards 11am =~= Maybe I'll just arrive early and go to study/gym/Macquarie Center....Not a morning person o3o

ameher

HSC
Awesome. Yeah I honestly don't mind hanging around for an hour or two before a lecture in exchange for parking. Would be a good time for some extra study.

http://www.mq.edu.au/iLearn/ This is going to be pretty interesting.
Hmmm thats the first ive seen of that. Blackboard needed an upgrade i guess, but then i guess you get use to how things work, gonna be interesting.

ameher

HSC
*O* The new campus card sounds awesome!!!

So, I'll take it that it'll be almost impossible to get a parking spot towards 11am =~= Maybe I'll just arrive early and go to study/gym/Macquarie Center....Not a morning person o3o
Haha yer be careful about the macquarie center one though, my girlfriend goes there and sometimes is late for class cause shes busy shopping haha. Early morning gym is a good idea! the gym at uni is amazing.

Salliea

HSC
Haha yer be careful about the macquarie center one though, my girlfriend goes there and sometimes is late for class cause shes busy shopping haha. Early morning gym is a good idea! the gym at uni is amazing.
B-But the shops there are awesome~ Too bad Borders shut down though >__> I think that would've been the only shop that would have been able to make me late for class...(Coffee + Books >A< )

Salliea

HSC
^ I got a friend enrolling in that course. LOL we were so confused about it's units and lectures on the online handbook, until we realised that he needed to choose a major :lol:

Btw...Anyone buying their books yet, or am I too eager? :awesome:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Best wait until after your first lectures to buy books. You'll be told exactly what you actually need.

A lot of texts listed on book lists don't need to be bought.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Let's not speak of iLearn *grumbles at getting stuff ready in it*
That doesn't sound like much fun. How is the iLearn system anyway?

Also guys, any suggestions on how to organise subject reviews in this forum? I don't think we're going to get a sub forum specifically for reviews.

I was thinking about a thread in each faculty, but I guess that could get messy.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That doesn't sound like much fun. How is the iLearn system anyway?

Also guys, any suggestions on how to organise subject reviews in this forum? I don't think we're going to get a sub forum specifically for reviews.

I was thinking about a thread in each faculty, but I guess that could get messy.
It has potential since its an open source backend (Moodle), just that you also get the bugs and instabilities that a developing program/system has. It'll be great once its finalised and launched I think. A lot better than Blackboard.

rayy_bann

HSC
Hey guys! I have another question!

Basically, I'm wanting to know what would be better,
1. Pick and arrange our LECTURE times first and then set our TUTORIAL times around our lectures.....OR
2. Pick and arrange our TUTORIAL times first and then set our LECTURE times around our lectures.
Basically, which has more importance lectures OR tutorials?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I have been getting varying responses from people like 'its up to you' or 'there is no written rule'. While I know this, I just want to find what most people do and find preferable.

thanks guys so much! :)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
It has potential since its an open source backend (Moodle), just that you also get the bugs and instabilities that a developing program/system has. It'll be great once its finalised and launched I think. A lot better than Blackboard.
Blackboard was beginning to show its age to be honest, but I guess it could have held on for another year or two. It's good to see that they're being a little proactive about these kinds of things.

Will be pretty interesting to see what improvements we will get to have.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys! I have another question!

Basically, I'm wanting to know what would be better,
1. Pick and arrange our LECTURE times first and then set our TUTORIAL times around our lectures.....OR
2. Pick and arrange our TUTORIAL times first and then set our LECTURE times around our lectures.
Basically, which has more importance lectures OR tutorials?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I have been getting varying responses from people like 'its up to you' or 'there is no written rule'. While I know this, I just want to find what most people do and find preferable.

thanks guys so much! :)
Replied to you here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)