MQ Chatter Thread (3 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
It can never match the exam I had were the fire alarm went off and it had to be abandoned. Coming home to ilearn imploding with students rage and the staff having no idea what was happening was wonderful
Did everyone have to sit a supplementary?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Did everyone have to sit a supplementary?
Only the students in that room/building. It was for acst101 or accg101 from memory, so the unit was huge and we had multiple large rooms across the campus.

The date ended up being during the supplementary exam period, but there were issues because many people had book trips or rostered for work etc, and they only received less than a weeks notice for the new exam date and time.

You'll probably notice the supplementary exam policy has been tightened this year, due to events like this and the second chance exam thing that was introduced last semester

ameher

HSC
Only the students in that room/building. It was for acst101 or accg101 from memory, so the unit was huge and we had multiple large rooms across the campus.

The date ended up being during the supplementary exam period, but there were issues because many people had book trips or rostered for work etc, and they only received less than a weeks notice for the new exam date and time.

You'll probably notice the supplementary exam policy has been tightened this year, due to events like this and the second chance exam thing that was introduced last semester
I recall back in 2012, i did a unit called china trade and investment law, and in the final exam the alarm went off in the E7A building, and due to it being a final exam, our grades were assessed on how we were going in the paper at the time we left the exam room.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I recall back in 2012, i did a unit called china trade and investment law, and in the final exam the alarm went off in the E7A building, and due to it being a final exam, our grades were assessed on how we were going in the paper at the time we left the exam room.
And this is why you should always do the easiest/most doable questions first.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also does anyone here have any tips for BUSL301 (Corporations Law) multi-guess quiz?

HSC
N/A
Census date this Sunday... 4 Units is killing me this semester, not enjoying the way I'd like to, think its time to officially stretch this degree an extra year !! :thrust:

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Hoping many of the ACST101 questions following up aren't as hard as the Challenging quizzes - especially for this week.

They seem to introduce a much more advanced application of these formulae than Moderate and Basic.

HSC
N/A
Turned out to be an inspired choice to drop this Unit.
Bit of a whinge but, MQs policy states students should receive some sort of assesment/grading/feedback prior to census - I had to email my lecturers regarding our first assignment (we have done no other quizzes/tests nothing..), got email back saying (paraphrase) 'You should pass..'
Not really happy with this level of feedback 1/3 of the way into a semester. But super relieved to drop the Unit, now my compulsory stuff won't suffer and I might enjoy my degree again!

mrstripedshades

HSC
For those doing finance, just me or the actual amortisation schedule took like 10-15 minutes... only prob i had was my final value for balance being a zero with a negative at the front for some reason (and fixed it, may be because I did it on my desktop which still has a 10 year old version of excel cus I cbf and usually use my laptop for uni stuff)

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Is there any reason why I shouldn't swap my applied finance/ commerce (accounting) degree to Commerce majoring in finance and accounting? The fewer units involved means I can start working quicker or take the last few semesters easy with fewer units and intern or something. The difference in degrees is negligible right?

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Actually screw it, the finance major doesn't touch on a few units that sound interesting

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you switching from combination Commerce - Professional accounting to Commerce with a major in accounting?

If so, the Commerce - Accounting major is not an accredited course by the institute of chartered accountants. Those missing subjects (audit, tax law and a finance unit from memory) are necessary for your degree to be recognised. There are foundations courses offered through the institute once you graduate, but again, this extends the time before you can start CA.

You could take the missing subjects as electives, but you will need to have your qualifications assessed differently and this makes things more difficult and time consuming.

If you want to work in a grad role in say, a Big 4 or Mid Tier accounting, they will nor consider you if you are not eligible. Some smaller or commercial firms may be willing for CPA or even after foundations, but obviously it's narrowing your choices.

I can't speak on behalf of finance from applied finance, but I'd suggest checking for any accreditation that may not be available after.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also ACCG308 has changed slightly and now includes an advisory section!

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also guys which is the best place to buy a coffee on campus, and which is the best place to buy in the Macquarie centre.

(Not concerned on price, only taste is a consideration)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Also guys which is the best place to buy a coffee on campus, and which is the best place to buy in the Macquarie centre.

(Not concerned on price, only taste is a consideration)
I haven't explored enough yet to comment.

But why is Wiley's Cart so popular? I have shit tastebuds, I like coffee but I can only tell the difference between non-powdered coffee and moccona so I can't tell if their coffee is good or not. There's always a long line outside of the Cart when a 5 min walk to the two cafe's inside the hub is way more efficient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)