MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Exam rooms and seating allocations will be released at 1pm today.

You can check the same place you see your timetable.

If it's your first semester, make sure you look up the nearest secure bag room and allow enough time to check in anything you aren't allowed to take into your exam room.

Personal tip: It's better to be 2 hours early and have to sit around eating and studying, than to cut it fine on getting to uni. Bring only what you need, and stay calm!

Best of luck to everyone :)
Ah the end of semesterly wth is that even a place that exists at uni time :p

Also we can bring phones into exam rooms this time, but its not worth the risk in my opinion.

mrstripedshades

HSC
Exam rooms and seating allocations will be released at 1pm today.

You can check the same place you see your timetable.

If it's your first semester, make sure you look up the nearest secure bag room and allow enough time to check in anything you aren't allowed to take into your exam room.

Personal tip: It's better to be 2 hours early and have to sit around eating and studying, than to cut it fine on getting to uni. Bring only what you need, and stay calm!

Best of luck to everyone :)
I think that parts different for everyone to be honest, the one about being 2 hours early. I feel if I'm too early I'll relax and get way too settled

TheMoney

HSC
Can someone explain why 2 rooms are listed for some units? For example my bba102 room is listed as e5a110/120. Are these conjoined rooms or what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone explain why 2 rooms are listed for some units? For example my bba102 room is listed as e5a110/120. Are these conjoined rooms or what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Conjoined or they can open up the walls to combine the walls.

mrstripedshades

HSC
Where can you find a list of bag rooms or whatever? Do you just have to look around?

And I dont know about any other first years, but for me Econ110 is by far the worst run subject...

Also, another question, are you meant to be tested on stuff taught in lectures or even content not covered but in the text book i.e. designated chapters. I thought what your tested on has to be taught in lectures?

Last edited:

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I think that parts different for everyone to be honest, the one about being 2 hours early. I feel if I'm too early I'll relax and get way too settled ������
Fair enough. Please keep in mind that parking will be extremely difficult, and public transport tends to be more full than normal. Bag room queues can be long also.

Where can you find a list of bag rooms or whatever? Do you just have to look around?

And I dont know about any other first years, but for me Econ110 is by far the worst run subject...

Also, another question, are you meant to be tested on stuff taught in lectures or even content not covered but in the text book i.e. designated chapters. I thought what your tested on has to be taught in lectures?
Bag rooms are lecture theatres (they're not suitable for exams because you can see other people's desks)

Usually it's X5B T1, W5A Price Theatre, and E7B Mason Theatre. It's run by the security staff, and you get a tag with the other half on your bag. You have to present your matching tag to collect a bag from the room.

If it's in your required reading, it's assessable unless they say otherwise. It is not just lecture material, but also tutorial/practical material. I've found most lectures will provide guidance on what to study in the last few lectures or on ilearn.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
If anyone finds the confirmed list of bag rooms, please post it. There is normally the ones listed above (which have been since I've been at Macquarie), but just in case they've changed this year we should confirm!

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
I have an exam tomorrow.

Do normal examination rules apply (like not being able to bring in bags) or is it different as it's only one hour and outside of the examination period?

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I have an exam tomorrow.

Do normal examination rules apply (like not being able to bring in bags) or is it different as it's only one hour and outside of the examination period?
If it's in place of a lecture or tutorial I think you should be allowed to bring your bags in, but they might be placed at the front of the room and you'll need devices switched off etc.

Is it an exam on the timetable or not?

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
Thanks, I posted this question on iLearn and the response I got was that I would be allowed to take my bag in.

The exam isn't on the timetable, it's just in the usual lecture room. Glad I know where it is!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
What you can bring into the exam:

Materials/items that must be brought into an exam:

Photo ID - Students will need to bring their Macquarie University Campus Card as photographic proof of identity to each examination. Other forms of acceptable photographic ID include a current Australian drivers licence, a current Australian Proof of Identity card or a current passport.
Stationery - Students should bring pens, pencils, erasers, rulers and other drawing instruments that may be needed for an exam in a clear non-coloured plastic bag.
Materials/items that may be brought into an exam:

Water - Students can bring bottled water into the exam but it must be in a clear and unmarked bottle.
Electronic devices (such as computers, tablets, and phones), purses and wallets may be brought into an examination room but must be placed under the student's desk before the exam commences. All electronic devices must be switched off.
Watches - You may bring a watch, however, all watches must be removed and placed at the top of the examination desk, where they can be seen clearly and easily by supervisors, and must remain there for the duration of the exam. All alarms and alerts must be switched off.
Other items - Students should check well in advance if any additional materials are required. Ensure any additional materials (e.g. calculator, translation dictionaries) comply with the stated requirements.

https://students.mq.edu.au/study/exams-and-results/examinations

Kolmias

HSC
MQ looks appealing but it's campus location is soooo bad especially when I'll be commuting from the Central Coast

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I've met quite a few people from the central coast at Macquarie. It's the closet university to Gosford, for example, and probably the most accessible using public transport if you haven't got a car. (Depending on where you are on the coast, Newcastle may be closer)

Do you think you'd be moving closer to whatever university you choose, or commuting each way?

Kolmias

HSC
I've met quite a few people from the central coast at Macquarie. It's the closet university to Gosford, for example, and probably the most accessible using public transport if you haven't got a car. (Depending on where you are on the coast, Newcastle may be closer)

Do you think you'd be moving closer to whatever university you choose, or commuting each way?
I probably won't be moving as where I live now is really convenient for travel to Sydney (it's the most southern town of the Central Coast). I'm not going to drive to uni (too expensive :p) so I'll catch public transport. It's just that UTS, USyd, UNSW and even WSU (City campus) are all near Wynard and in the CBD whereas MQ is stuck right out in suburbia for whatever reason.

Also, another question, if I do a commerce degree, would it possible to schedule all your classes in 2 days (I've heard it's possible)?

Thnx

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
Macquarie gives you the option to rearrange your timetable and swap classes. You could probably do 2 days of full on Commerce- but the lectures are pretty scattered throughout the week. Still, there is the iLecture option.

Kolmias

HSC
Macquarie gives you the option to rearrange your timetable and swap classes. You could probably do 2 days of full on Commerce- but the lectures are pretty scattered throughout the week. Still, there is the iLecture option.
K thnx

Is anyone involved with the MQU Accounting Society (or whatever it's called)? What do these societies even do?

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Also, another question, if I do a commerce degree, would it possible to schedule all your classes in 2 days (I've heard it's possible)?

Thnx
Yes, you can definitely put all your tutes among 2 days and maybe even all the lectures depending on their time slots. Next sem I only go in twice a week with the optional third day to watch 2 lectures (that i would otherwise watch from home).

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Also Kolmias to answer your pm, I like my course so far its fun, though I can only speak about the beginner core units that everyone has to do as thats all I've done so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)