MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

mrstripedshades

HSC
As someone that did both last year. I personally preferred Micro way more.

Micro had all of its lectures online, and I essentially crammed with Prashans. I got a good HD for Micro, my first one at uni. I got a D for Macro but that was my most minimal effort subject, I honestly probably failed the exam or just passed it, that subject I had legit next to no revision. I had nearly 100% in my assignments, which I found piss easy.

For me, one of them was a RBA group assignment report about the rba rate or whatever. Our presentation and even report wasnt perfect but EVERYONE got 100% even the guy who didnt talk whatsoever, whether that was about the tutor or what I dont know. The other one was meant to be an interview which they actually wanted you to conduct on someone regarding some economic situation. I just did it on the pricing market and used an older friends name and answered what hes told me before in conversations.

Econ111 made me disinterested, jefferey sheen to me wasnt a good lecturer. He went on about minimal details that had no relevance to the course structure or what is examined (which is realistically what most students care about, especially if its a compulsory unit). The maths component was much more in it, as in there were several equations. you could easily opt to choose to do theory questions instead in the final though.

Econ110 math is general maths level or even like year 8 or something. its literally just shapes

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
the maths was very very basic and I've found tutors/lecturers are very hit and miss in non-actuarial. If you're doing 111 get prashan if you're doing 110 read the textbook. I legit don't know why they had a lecture with 100 slides that the lecturer did in 48 min...

mrstripedshades

HSC
lmao mktg101 seems like its gonna be a pain in the ass in terms of tutes. The assessment structure looks like one of the easiest Ive had so far though.

but the tutor legit talked about himself for 50 mins straight or some shit

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
I've heard some interesting tales about MKTG101...

anyway hope everyone's first week is going alright. Would also like to know where the ATMS are! (especially for NAB)

mrstripedshades

HSC
I’ve heard there’s cba ones but their in places not worth walking to just exclusively for atms. Also, aren’t big 4 bank atms interchangeable now as in no fee, or?

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
anyone else feel like because they live a fair bit away from uni that it hinders making friends? I'm like an hour away roughly so can't just pop over to a friends cause they normally live a long way away.

Snowflek

HSC
anyone else feel like because they live a fair bit away from uni that it hinders making friends? I'm like an hour away roughly so can't just pop over to a friends cause they normally live a long way away.
Where abouts do you live? It takes me about 1.5hrs to get to uni :/ Such a trek.

mrstripedshades

HSC
to some degree i guess.

that being said I live in an area where nearly everyone goes to macq due to how accesible it is both in terms of requirements and travel. But a lto of the friends Ive made at uni and the best ones live far from me like 1hr +. I dont really meet up outside uni like every week or something though and if we do we just go city or something

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
Depending on your cohort, sometimes friends can be made during study / class times. I know that isn't for everyone (big classes tend to make this near impossible)- but you can always add them on facebook for study reasons, and then say 'hey let's do something after this exam.' Friendships take time to develop. Which can sadly make the experience of university very lonely.

Yeah, travel times are rough and I do think it takes a toll. People would recommend clubs & societies... which require energy and money. I like to believe Macquarie is a friendly university, but its a bit too laid back for its own good.

mrstripedshades

HSC
Depending on your cohort, sometimes friends can be made during study / class times. I know that isn't for everyone (big classes tend to make this near impossible)- but you can always add them on facebook for study reasons, and then say 'hey let's do something after this exam.' Friendships take time to develop. Which can sadly make the experience of university very lonely.

Yeah, travel times are rough and I do think it takes a toll. People would recommend clubs & societies... which require energy and money. I like to believe Macquarie is a friendly university, but its a bit too laid back for its own good.
i made most my friends through mutuals tbh. one or two of my friends are super involved in a lot of stuff at uni, so I met a few through them after wards as well etc.

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
i made most my friends through mutuals tbh. one or two of my friends are super involved in a lot of stuff at uni, so I met a few through them after wards as well etc.
That's an excellent idea! Think about who you already know at university and then "branch out" to others. If you, like me don't know a single person, you are kind of in a tough situation. I had no friends for a year, but this year I'm already part of study groups and various meet-ups. You do need confidence to put yourself "out there" and that can take a while to develop. Rejection hurts, but you'll find most students who have gotten to second year also want to do well like yourself.

University should be a place where you develop confidence in your skills, passions, knowledge and abilities. So don't worry if you don't feel its automatic or a part of you. You know what? Many people find university a lonely time. If worse comes to worse and its taking a toll on your mental health- make sure to check out for depression and anxiety.

I wish everyone who is struggling atm luck :wavey:

Snowflek

HSC
Oh wow, thats pretty good! I'm currently trying to make friends in uni but i feel like its a bit difficult. :p

mrstripedshades

HSC
Oh wow, thats pretty good! I'm currently trying to make friends in uni but i feel like its a bit difficult. :p
yea fair enough. for me it really picked up in sem 2 lmao. In sem 1 I was kind of limiting myself to around two HS friends, one of them moved tho and me and the other one branched out better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)