MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

crazy_paki123

HSC
Yeah I just put on the activities that is attended and the seminars of gone too. Extra curriculars help such as joining a society, playing a sport, volunteering etc. Not all down to marks. Interviews is just practice. Practice a lot of behavioural type questions if u get spare time ots good practice. And yeah just apply everywhere, job hunting cam get really disheartening but at the end u get in somewhere sometimes when u least expect it :)

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Yeah I just put on the activities that is attended and the seminars of gone too. Extra curriculars help such as joining a society, playing a sport, volunteering etc. Not all down to marks. Interviews is just practice. Practice a lot of behavioural type questions if u get spare time ots good practice. And yeah just apply everywhere, job hunting cam get really disheartening but at the end u get in somewhere sometimes when u least expect it :)
where on a resume do you put "non-uni" extra curriculurs such as sports?

crazy_paki123

HSC
Under my skills and how playing team sport developed my communication and team work skills. That shows I have skills appropriate for the job and ALSO that I've done EC's to back them up. Half my interview was about cricket

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
A general question to anyone who may know: Am I able to do the 'expect to complete' form early? Like, after Session 1 results are released? It's just I'm applying for an internship around August and they require your completion dates on your transcript.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
A general question to anyone who may know: Am I able to do the 'expect to complete' form early? Like, after Session 1 results are released? It's just I'm applying for an internship around August and they require your completion dates on your transcript.
You can fill it out now if you like* (Think I've be doing that for the last couple of years??)

* I think.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
You can fill it out at any time in the last year of your degree. It doesn't actually show up anywhere on your transcript from memory.

If you don't complete your degree in the semester yup specified (eg. you said semester 2, but failed a unit), you can just submit a new one for semester 3.

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
Thanks for the responses. Maybe I'll see about getting a letter from Macquarie saying that if I take a full time load (without overloading) I will have completed my degree at the end of 2019.

Or I could just let the intern hiring department (this internship I'm interested in is overseas) know that transcripts for particular Aussie unis don't specify completion dates.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Lightoftheseven,

I found an old transcript. It does list your expected completion, degree you'd be getting and date you nominated you expect to complete right at the bottom :)

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Anyone have any experience with the Merit Scholarship or know how difficult it is to get once you've already started a degree? (i.e. if you don't get the 98.5+ ATAR/don't get it after finishing school - applying with first year results)

Also, I'd appreciate anyone who could give me advice on whether I'm better off aiming for commerce, commerce w/ prof. accounting or business administration (hopefully pair any of these with law - whether it be b/c of ATAR [w/ bonus points if possible], or through 2nd year pathway)

Any info on any of this appreciated.

Thanks

Kolmias

HSC
Anyone have any experience with the Merit Scholarship or know how difficult it is to get once you've already started a degree? (i.e. if you don't get the 98.5+ ATAR/don't get it after finishing school - applying with first year results)

Also, I'd appreciate anyone who could give me advice on whether I'm better off aiming for commerce, commerce w/ prof. accounting or business administration (hopefully pair any of these with law - whether it be b/c of ATAR [w/ bonus points if possible], or through 2nd year pathway)

Any info on any of this appreciated.

Thanks
Are you going to apply for cadetships?

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
Well, I'm down to three subjects and although that means its less likely for me to finish in 2019- I feel alot better and more confident in my studies. Like a burden has been lifted off. It's nice having time to pursue things I care about also.

I think everyone feels behind / overwhelmed in first year, and there are some things you can do: take less subjects (there is no shame in dropping. Best to do it before census date so you don't have to pay!), use the two-week gap for massive catch-up. If that's too far away- you won't have university from Good Friday to Easter Monday because of public holidays. Good Friday is such a great day for catching up and studying: every store is pretty much closed and if you are in a religious family, like I am- it is considered a valid use of time.

So if you don't want to drop any subjects, look into developing stronger time management skills. This can be done by drafting study timetables, talking to an academic advisor. Good luck Snowflek!

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
How is everyone coping with University this semester?
Studying a lot each day so I'm not behind - doing pretty well in terms of having all homework finished. However gotta find time to revise econ110 it's pretty hard haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)