MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Thinking of doing a semester exchange, but I also applied for a Vacationer's program, I don't think they do but just to confirm, they don't cross over right?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thinking of doing a semester exchange, but I also applied for a Vacationer's program, I don't think they do but just to confirm, they don't cross over right?
If they do a lot of companies do not mind vacationers leaving a week or so to go on the exchange. But they probably won't cross over.

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
What time are evening classes usually on?

Also, if there's only a day class option for a unit, are teachers flexible at all if you work full-time? Specifically looking at Business Analytics classes.

Appreciate any help on this, thanks.

HSC
N/A

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
What time are evening classes usually on?

Also, if there's only a day class option for a unit, are teachers flexible at all if you work full-time? Specifically looking at Business Analytics classes.

Appreciate any help on this, thanks.
Will vary depending on units how flexible they are. Later units in the degree (and for some degrees even in the first year) often have evening tutorials available. As most lectures are recorded/non-compulsory to attend then you are likely only to have to worry about scheduling tutorials.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also, graduation hoods on the gowns seem to choke similarly to ties.

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Any tips on Applied Finance vs Business Analytics? I'll be pairing either one with Professional Accounting.

I got the BA/Accounting offer - I've accepted and changed my preferences to get the Applied Finance as well (rounds for Session 2).

Would anyone be able to tell me which one would probably be "more useful"? I get that BA is more technology analysis and App Finance is more financial analysis itself - don't know which one would pair best with the Accounting? Or any experiences with either? I've looked at the Unit Guide but I'm still unsure.

Can a Masters in Applied Finance after the double degree get me the same thing the App Finance degree would?
Would this even be worth it if I go for the CA afterwards?

Also, looking to hopefully get RPL after I finish this Diploma of Accounting - can the RPL people assess this even though I haven't finished it (tell me what I WOULD get taken off the degrees)? Or do I have to have it finished to get it assessed?

Any help appreciated - cheers

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Any tips on Applied Finance vs Business Analytics? I'll be pairing either one with Professional Accounting.

I got the BA/Accounting offer - I've accepted and changed my preferences to get the Applied Finance as well (rounds for Session 2).

Would anyone be able to tell me which one would probably be "more useful"? I get that BA is more technology analysis and App Finance is more financial analysis itself - don't know which one would pair best with the Accounting? Or any experiences with either? I've looked at the Unit Guide but I'm still unsure.

Can a Masters in Applied Finance after the double degree get me the same thing the App Finance degree would?
Would this even be worth it if I go for the CA afterwards?

Also, looking to hopefully get RPL after I finish this Diploma of Accounting - can the RPL people assess this even though I haven't finished it (tell me what I WOULD get taken off the degrees)? Or do I have to have it finished to get it assessed?

Any help appreciated - cheers
If you are good at maths/like maths I'd do finance. If you are good at coding/information systems etc I'd do business analytics. I'm biased towards applied finance cause i like it, both have their own challenges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)