MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
Business analytics has a bit of applied statistics as well especially in the later units. The maths in finance units is very simplistic. Like very, everything you need will be covered in a basic 1st year stat unit. In the finance units you generally don't derive things such as the DMT for a perpetuity or the continuously compounded rate of interest/force of interest, you just apply results unless it's a fairly simplistic scenario like constructing a portfolio to exploit an arbitrage opportunity for a given scenario in AFIN250-investments.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Business Analytics is probably more useful. I wouldn’t bother applying for rpl from the diploma unless you check with CA/CPA bodies that it will not impact on eligibility to join them.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Waiting to do masters ( such as a MBA) and potentially having your employer pay for it would probably be more beneficial longer term.

pistachioman

HSC
N/A
Have 2 assignments due on monday and friday. And then its grinding all the way to the finals. :awesome:

NotImportant

HSC
N/A
Is there anything I should put on my UAC application to increase my chances of getting an early offer? Got stellar grades in year 11, hoping to do applied finance or double degree with applied finance at macquarie. Wanna get an offer so I can relax a bit pls.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Is there anything I should put on my UAC application to increase my chances of getting an early offer? Got stellar grades in year 11, hoping to do applied finance or double degree with applied finance at macquarie. Wanna get an offer so I can relax a bit pls.
Just apply for everything and goodluck. I didnt apply for early entry, I just put applied finance as my preference. I ended up getting an offer around late November or early December, so way before first round of offers usually come out.

My mate got like an 80.xx atar and he got accepted into applied finance / comm (accounting) which was an 88 atar, so dont stress too much. If you get like 85+ you will probably end up getting an early offer.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Any sport/volunteering/leadership positions? Might be eligible for the early entry through GLP?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Any sport/volunteering/leadership positions? Might be eligible for the early entry through GLP?

NotImportant

HSC
N/A
Just apply for everything and goodluck. I didnt apply for early entry, I just put applied finance as my preference. I ended up getting an offer around late November or early December, so way before first round of offers usually come out.

My mate got like an 80.xx atar and he got accepted into applied finance / comm (accounting) which was an 88 atar, so dont stress too much. If you get like 85+ you will probably end up getting an early offer.
Thanks!

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
I put in an email for a unit that I thought was poorly taught (particularly, probably just the tutor's fault) at Week 5 or so, in which the tutor was rude to students, and basically had very uninteresting lessons on a weekly basis. This complaint has not been addressed at all i.e. no replies, and seemed to be entirely neglected as my requests to move tutorials or basically change the tutor (the tutor from Week 1 was changed to this one) were not met.
Over the entire semester he barely remembers names of his students, and continued to use concepts from finance when very clearly most of the class did not study applied finance or further finance from the first-year unit. It was the last straw for me when I tried to ask a question and he gave me a rude reply. Haven't been to his tutes since Week 8 and will be seeing him the first time since when I have my in-class test this week.

I wrote a huge fucking email complaining to the unit convenor and it just really concerns me that units are allowed to do this especially when we're spending money to pay for the course and they're paid to teach it.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
I put in an email for a unit that I thought was poorly taught (particularly, probably just the tutor's fault) at Week 5 or so, in which the tutor was rude to students, and basically had very uninteresting lessons on a weekly basis. This complaint has not been addressed at all i.e. no replies, and seemed to be entirely neglected as my requests to move tutorials or basically change the tutor (the tutor from Week 1 was changed to this one) were not met.
Over the entire semester he barely remembers names of his students, and continued to use concepts from finance when very clearly most of the class did not study applied finance or further finance from the first-year unit. It was the last straw for me when I tried to ask a question and he gave me a rude reply. Haven't been to his tutes since Week 8 and will be seeing him the first time since when I have my in-class test this week.

I wrote a huge fucking email complaining to the unit convenor and it just really concerns me that units are allowed to do this especially when we're spending money to pay for the course and they're paid to teach it.
What unit was this btw? Pm me if u dont wanna say

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)