MQ General chatter thread (1 Viewer)

Jennt

HSC
N/A
Re: Do you like or dislike you tutors and leturers?

hmmmm - see my vent post... Mixed bag for me!

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC

Macquarie needs more gorgeous female teaching staff. I seriously think I would study harder and attend more lectures if I had some eye-candy to gaze upon.

As for individual lectuers/tutors:
Marc Lombard;— very charismatic and enthusiastic lecturer.
Stefan Trueck;— hilarious German accent, totally random and keeps lectures interesting.
John Selby;— very concise and eloquent speaker.

*Baby-K*

HSC

Mixed Bag for me I love my tutor and when she does the lectures but when someone else does the lectures I want to shoot myself :bomb:

Kiim2507

HSC
Re: 2009 First Year Macquarie Students.

I'm soo over first semester lol
I have 3 2000 word essays due this coming week....I've only started one of them (not even half way) looool so screwed =\

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Not happy, worked my ass off on this essay and i just found out only 6 of 50 papers passed... the odds are not good :(

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Woah 6/50!
What subject?
AHST100 (Egyptian Archaeology)
It really sucks having to wait to find out if i did well or not, fingers crossed i did. Our lecturer is pretty unimpressed, its a very poor effort.

EDIT: I was also wondering if someone could explain how units that can be taken at both 200 and 300 level work (eg: AHST 270/370). Is there a difference in the content/assessments depending on what level you take the unit at or does it not make any difference?

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

AHST100 (Egyptian Archaeology)
It really sucks having to wait to find out if i did well or not, fingers crossed i did. Our lecturer is pretty unimpressed, its a very poor effort.
Are you sure that only 6 papers passed? :S

Just got back a Christiana assignment myself. :)

EDIT: I was also wondering if someone could explain how units that can be taken at both 200 and 300 level work (eg: AHST 270/370). Is there a difference in the content/assessments depending on what level you take the unit at or does it not make any difference?
With the 200/300 units; they're called composite units. Basically, 200/300 level students go to the same classes and generally do the same assignments. The assignments for the 300 variant are usually longer and marked more toughly. Sometimes there'll be an extra assignment to do for the 300 students. But that's really it.

If you're unsure of which level to pick, speak to the convener.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Are you sure that only 6 papers passed? :S

Just got back a Christiana assignment myself. :)
Thats what Jana told us, its pretty bad...

I miss Christiana, we have a new lecturer now and the lectures aren't as interesting anymore.

Atlas

HSC
N/A

I'm soo over first semester lol
I have 3 2000 word essays due this coming week....I've only started one of them (not even half way) looool so screwed =\
Screwed you say? Smile, damn it, SMILE - it makes everything ok!!:rofl: Exams are so screwed it makes us all SMILE>....

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Screwed you say? Smile, damn it, SMILE - it makes everything ok!!:rofl: Exams are so screwed it makes us all SMILE>....
=s

X

xeuyrawp

Thats what Jana told us, its pretty bad...
Hahhah I heard that Jana told some students 'I'm doing my thesis at the moment and can't really help you.

I miss Christiana, we have a new lecturer now and the lectures aren't as interesting anymore.
Todd?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Hahhah I heard that Jana told some students 'I'm doing my thesis at the moment and can't really help you.

Todd?
lol, yeah, shes a bit funny that one... she was very adamant that we must never attempt to contact her outside of tutes or contact hours in any way shape or form.

Todds ok as a tutor, but hes not so great as a lecturer, though most of the girls in my lectures don't really seem to care.

X

xeuyrawp

lol, yeah, shes a bit funny that one... she was very adamant that we must never attempt to contact her outside of tutes or contact hours in any way shape or form.
That's crazy... :S

Todds ok as a tutor, but hes not so great as a lecturer, though most of the girls in my lectures don't really seem to care.
Oh? What do you mean?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

They think Todd is hot, duh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)