MQ students..the meaning behind your screennames! (2 Viewers)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Because I want to know...and because im procrastinating

What are the meanings behind your BOS screen names?

LOL ..., iambored etc are not excempt from this thread.. i still want to know

I'll start.

Claire- because as a kid i was dissatisfied with my name "Anne" because it sounds so "bland"... always had the perception that "claire's" were "cooler" lol However lots of pple have said that my name Anne suits me :\. lol oh well

and girl- because i have a vagina

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
clairegirl said:
and girl- because i have a vagina
hahahah so direct lol

lol i was always so dissatisfied with my name as a kid too ... 'nhung' is so unpronounceable... then when i was 17 i found out that nhung isn't even meant to be my first name and i have 3 names (... and i didn't even know) ... so heaps of complicatedness with forms and uni and hsc and stuff... so maaajor dissatisfaction there haha

aaanyway... pb cuz i was eating peanut butter when i registered and i couldn't think of a name... and i was thinking.. everytime i log in im gonna have to type the whooollee 2 words 'peanut butter' .. so yeh... pb lol

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
you will never know :p
and you'd think 'nhung' sounds gay enough haha

mserica

HSC
Meaning is very simple.....

Ms= a girl
Erica = my name

Therefore when you have a girl called erica you combine it and you get

mserica

...alot of thought went into this name... as you can see

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
fornstar ... a nickname i got from highschool which i got because of my last name, nothing too exciting

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Saw the name in a music video, and was fascinated by it...since about yr 11(2002).

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
sukiyaki - a japanese food i was addicted to lol.. lamest nickname ever i dunno what i was thinking 4 years ago rofl!
no its not the song like everyone thinks =|

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Asylum, cos g00k is too offensive, wrecca is my other alias

buddys

HSC
mine is pretty lame as well

buddy - one of my nicknames (my first name is Budwie)
s - first letter of my surname

hence buddys :)

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy is something of a stagename. I have a very sparkly history when it comes to big dance performances... lol (and my overenthusiastic nature extended to both the dancing and the glitter, so... haha!)

Most dancers will use glitter at some point, however normally it is fine glitter, or even that glitter gel. The former tends to come off as a kind of shimmer because of the small size of the particles (and that's if it doesn't fall off), the latter tends to only give very sparse sparkle due to the low glitter density. Many dancers put in more glitter, but it's not the most comfortable thing to apply, and the gel often dries hard.

Both often looks like freckles on the skin, and too much in the hair just looks like a bad dye job.

Fast forward to the Hornsby Girls High camp, School Spec circa... 2002?

In almost every photo of us, you can actually see the glitter on our skin. There's a hell of a lot of it :p

We don't use no wimpy fine glitter. We're using that 1mm diameter (that's big for glitter), silver HOLOGRAPHIC glitter, bought in BULK. The process works like this - cover yourself in vaseline, and then cover yourself in this big, shiny, holographic glitter (don't forget your eyelids, but don't get it in your eyes!). Then quickly put on hairspray, and put lots of the glitter in your hair. It is extremely likely during this process that the glitter will get all over your costume, too. That's great! You'll also shed a bit of a glitter trail, and attract a LOT of attention from other dancers (who either aren't game enough to put on so much glitter but are envious anyway, or who weren't ingenious enough to think of using vaseline and LOOSE glitter for optimum glitter density and light reflectance. Yes, it's now a science!).

*I must admit that I was not "the" glitteriest person at my school. Oh no. That was reserved for Micky ("glitterball") who might have been the clever cookie to start using vaseline and loose, chunky holographic glitter in the first place. I'm not even sure if I was the second sparkliest... but I remember nabbing "glitterfairy" as my own, and time spent with state dance company boys (who loved it) made the name stick.

One of my best glitter festival experiences was at Met North Dance Festival in 2002 or 2003. the dressing room had a wooden floor, and after we'd all glittered up on our last night we poured all our remaining glitter onto a heap on the floor and took turns to slide in it. Whooooo!

I haven't glittered up since sometime in 2003 and kind of miss it... but such copious amounts of glitter are really only appropriate for things like School Spec because a) the venue is MASSIVE and you need all the help you can get to stand out amongst the 200-800 people sharing the tarquet at Sydney Entertainment Centre and b) the vibe at School Spec is totally electric.

I've never worn glitter for 'straight' performances, but I have another vice there (well, with glitter too but the glitter is more attention-grabbing). My other dance nickname at school was "Blusher Queen", for obvious reasons... I would walk around with my blusher in my hands, scrutinising all the girls. If I didn't think they had enough blush on I'd call them over and say "you don't have enough blush on! STAND STILL!" *puts on heaps more blush* "ok. You're done now. Next!" Haha. It got to the point where in my last years in the dance group, they only had to see me with blush in my hands, and they'd all start yelling "oh no! Lynn's got blusher in her hands! SOMEONE TAKE IT AWAY FROM HER!", and "OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENED! LYNN JUST ASKED ME IF SHE HAD TOO MUCH BLUSH ON!!!" etc etc :p

Ah, such good times... *tear*

"glitterfairy" sounds cooler than "blusher queen", though :p

PS: I'm feeling so sentimental about not performing as much as I used to now :'( I miss all the craziness and the glitter and the pressure and the adrenaline and the major highs and the lack of sleep...

Last edited:
J

jhakka

glitterfairy said:
glitterfairy is something of a stagename. I have a very sparkly history when it comes to big dance performances... lol (and my overenthusiastic nature extended to both the dancing and the glitter, so... haha!)

Most dancers will use glitter at some point, however normally it is fine glitter, or even that glitter gel. The former tends to come off as a kind of shimmer because of the small size of the particles (and that's if it doesn't fall off), the latter tends to only give very sparse sparkle due to the low glitter density. Many dancers put in more glitter, but it's not the most comfortable thing to apply, and the gel often dries hard.

Both often looks like freckles on the skin, and too much in the hair just looks like a bad dye job.

Fast forward to the Hornsby Girls High camp, School Spec circa... 2002?

In almost every photo of us, you can actually see the glitter on our skin. There's a hell of a lot of it :p

We don't use no wimpy fine glitter. We're using that 1mm diameter (that's big for glitter), silver HOLOGRAPHIC glitter, bought in BULK. The process works like this - cover yourself in vaseline, and then cover yourself in this big, shiny, holographic glitter (don't forget your eyelids, but don't get it in your eyes!). Then quickly put on hairspray, and put lots of the glitter in your hair. It is extremely likely during this process that the glitter will get all over your costume, too. That's great! You'll also shed a bit of a glitter trail, and attract a LOT of attention from other dancers (who either aren't game enough to put on so much glitter but are envious anyway, or who weren't ingenious enough to think of using vaseline and LOOSE glitter for optimum glitter density and light reflectance. Yes, it's now a science!).

*I must admit that I was not "the" glitteriest person at my school. Oh no. That was reserved for Micky ("glitterball") who might have been the clever cookie to start using vaseline and loose, chunky holographic glitter in the first place. I'm not even sure if I was the second sparkliest... but I remember nabbing "glitterfairy" as my own, and time spent with state dance company boys (who loved it) made the name stick.

One of my best glitter festival experiences was at Met North Dance Festival in 2002 or 2003. the dressing room had a wooden floor, and after we'd all glittered up on our last night we poured all our remaining glitter onto a heap on the floor and took turns to slide in it. Whooooo!

I haven't glittered up since sometime in 2003 and kind of miss it... but such copious amounts of glitter are really only appropriate for things like School Spec because a) the venue is MASSIVE and you need all the help you can get to stand out amongst the 200-800 people sharing the tarquet at Sydney Entertainment Centre and b) the vibe at School Spec is totally electric.

I've never worn glitter for 'straight' performances, but I have another vice there (well, with glitter too but the glitter is more attention-grabbing). My other dance nickname at school was "Blusher Queen", for obvious reasons... I would walk around with my blusher in my hands, scrutinising all the girls. If I didn't think they had enough blush on I'd call them over and say "you don't have enough blush on! STAND STILL!" *puts on heaps more blush* "ok. You're done now. Next!" Haha. It got to the point where in my last years in the dance group, they only had to see me with blush in my hands, and they'd all start yelling "oh no! Lynn's got blusher in her hands! SOMEONE TAKE IT AWAY FROM HER!", and "OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENED! LYNN JUST ASKED ME IF SHE HAD TOO MUCH BLUSH ON!!!" etc etc :p

Ah, such good times... *tear*

"glitterfairy" sounds cooler than "blusher queen", though :p

PS: I'm feeling so sentimental about not performing as much as I used to now :'( I miss all the craziness and the glitter and the pressure and the adrenaline and the major highs and the lack of sleep...
This entire post is a lie. Lynn's screenname is actually a typo. She meant to write "gigglefairy".

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
my name is due to me liking orange and juices. that and it relates to my surname.

HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
This entire post is a lie. Lynn's screenname is actually a typo. She meant to write "gigglefairy".
"glitterfairy" (circa 2002) has been around a lot longer than "gigglefairy" (circa 2006), bucko :p

although admittedly both are pretty accurate when describing me :p

J

jhakka

Gigglefairy is your true screenname. Search your feelings. You know it to be true. :p

HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
Gigglefairy is your true screenname. Search your feelings. You know it to be true. :p
shhhhhhh! I have a reputation to maintain within the MQ forums! :p

J

jhakka

I'm sure I could find some incriminating stuff in my MSN archives that would adequately ruin your reputation. :p

little-rat-boi said:
little-rat-boi

im little

I sorta look like a rat

and i have a penis (boi)

LOL!
/me sees what you did there. ;)

HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
I'm sure I could find some incriminating stuff in my MSN archives that would adequately ruin your reputation. :p
Mike's modstick is bigger than yours on MQ turf, and because I'm an MQer he loves me more by default. Therefore, you loose, and I WIN! :D

J

jhakka

But Mike's a boy, and has a desire to shoot people with paintballs. You don't. Methinks he would back me in this round. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)