MQ students..the meaning behind your screennames! (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
when i think of skittled i think of bowling pins :S i also thought it meant all over the place, hence the bowling pins, going all over the place, ahem. what's the other name for bowling pins? i think it sounds like skittled as well.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I dont really know where maryjane came from.... I've always been fascinated by drug culture, and probably picked it up that way.. Its been so long, I cant remember!

How boring am I?

The other name I go by when people have stolen MJ is "sugarivy" thanks to Steve :)

And I agree - Skittled conjures up images of odd behaviour, randomness, craziness, and colourfulness!

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
iambored said:
when i think of skittled i think of bowling pins :S i also thought it meant all over the place, hence the bowling pins, going all over the place, ahem. what's the other name for bowling pins? i think it sounds like skittled as well.
I think they're also called "Skittles"...Little fat tubs of wood waiting to be knocked over. Hmm.. I might try and avoid that one! ;) Suppose the concept's similar to the original intentions. I've never heard of the "skuttle"-like definition though, Lynn!

Where did "sugarivy" come from, hun? ...."Ivy" was taken or something, on Soulseek...?

I like AsyLum, too.. Much less steeped in g4m3r attitude. :D
...only slightly, though ;) (I think all nicknames have a touch of geekyness to them)

lmnopq

HSC
oooo i want to join in! even though my name is self explanatory, for those who didn't know it consists of consecutive letters of the alphabet! genius, no?
i don't really have a reason for using it except that its never taken!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
RUB!X - because at the time of registration and before then i was able to complete the rubiks cube in <2 minutes, the misspelling of rubiks because that was all the fuss back in 2004, the explanation mark instead of "i" to inrcease cool factor ...

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
everyones name hav some sort of meaning in it :p
Mine, nothing special, just that I read a novel and liked the name of it. So most uni friends now call me Lemon instead~hahaha :p

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
This thread's made me reaslise how many new MQers we've got that I've not said hello to. Kinda good introduction thread, actually --Maybe it should be made a sticky, and membership to MQ BOSsing is dependent on a good nickname background...

HSC
during the hsc i was looking to buy notes, study guides whatever
it occurred to me that what i really needed to purchase was a brain

scarecrow from the wizard of oz also had this problem, he was looking for a brain
i was going to just be scarecrow, but then i was worried people wouldn't get the wizard of oz reference so i added _of_oz, and then i was still worried that they wouldn't get it so i added 'if i only had a brain la la la la la la la la la' as my signature, but since i still thought they wouldn't get it i added (wizard of oz theme) in brackets. since i now have more faith in people's grasp of popculture references i've since deleted the last two parts.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i named myself after a car...how lame :p I was in year 11 after all...and i was completely obsessed with supras (still am ;))

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
This is so lame
In a really odd conversation a few years ago, I ended up being Lord Cuckoo Face from the tv show 'Madeline.' So the name kinda stuck as a joke. I decided it to make it LCF just I didn't look like a complete lunatic - however many people read it as Lowest Common Factor which is kinda funny (but nerdy) too.

monique66

Damnation was just may favourite swear word at the time...

I think it had something to do with reading Jane Eyre in year 10. Mr Rochester fell off his horse in one scene and shouted 'Damnation!' Ever since then its been my favourite curse word

...how lame :eek:

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Kutay said:
middle name :|
really? well it means something else in Hindi

Myn was because i loved the show Jake2.0, ne1 else remember it? Its not on nemore:(

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
jake2.0 said:
really? well it means something else in Hindi

Myn was because i loved the show Jake2.0, ne1 else remember it? Its not on nemore:(
do u mean kutha= dog? :p

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Supra said:
do u mean kutha= dog? :p
well not quite sure how to spell it, but i think "kutay" is a swear word (means dog aswell) while kutha is dog. The pronunciation is different...

*hopeful*

HSC
heheh sorry kutay that wat i alwayz think of wen i c ur name :p

Amalthea

HSC
Amalthea - its from Peter S. Beagle's "The Last Unicorn". Its the unicorn's name when she turns human.

Because my name - Melisa - is too common. I want a name that no one has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)