MQ students..the meaning behind your screennames! (2 Viewers)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well, my name isn't self explanatory - i am rarely bored and i wasn't bored when choosing the screen name.

the truth behind the screen name is that i joined the forum to ask a question or two and was then going to leave. so when choosing my name i needed to choose something quickly and choose something which didn't stand out.

i followed the same train of thought when choosing my first password ;)

this thread is a great procrastination thread, i have been wondering why fellow mqers chose their names.

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
i like these threads, so i can up my number of posts whilst procrastinating

um the name.....

good rice - i like good rice!
riceZ - COZ IM AZN MANZ!

actually it was for cs (yes THAT game) , and everyone had z's my 'clan'.

omg, is my name too aznerish?

schmogirl

HSC
N/A
well "schmo" means (apparently) the complete opposite of who i really am (and strive to be)....i'm not stupid or obnoxious and contrary to the Yiddish definition for the original word 'shmuck' i don't have a penis and am no fool!

i actually chose this name as my partner and i have nicknamed each other 'schmoboy and schmogirl' and really apart from my other (public) nickname "Jazz " (no prizes for guessing what my first name is...) that's all i could think of to use....i figured there'd be plenty of Jazz's on here and i'd have to have some numbers tacked on the end and i find that idea reminds me a bit too much of being in prison (and no, i've no first hand experience)

will be checking back to read more explanations of screennames there'll all really interesting! ta.....

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:
well, my name isn't self explanatory - i am rarely bored and i wasn't bored when choosing the screen name.

the truth behind the screen name is that i joined the forum to ask a question or two and was then going to leave. so when choosing my name i needed to choose something quickly and choose something which didn't stand out.

i followed the same train of thought when choosing my first password ;)

this thread is a great procrastination thread, i have been wondering why fellow mqers chose their names.
lol "ask a question or two and then leave"

lol@iambored...

hrrmm 10 000+ posts... what made you stick around?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i dunno, well, i kind of do. i think that i liked to ask questions and answer other people's questions (in subject forums). then i found NS and it all went downhill from there (addiction/procrastination wise). plus, a whole heap of other stuff with trying to wean myself off msn :rolleyes:, liking that i could read a whole range of opinions on different topics, that there is always someone who knows an answer and can help and stuff like that.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
not much .Ian is my name the mighty wests tigers is the team I've followed since they were Balmain in 1965.
Hence tigerian. not very interesting but its the reason.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Good_riceZ said:
i like these threads, so i can up my number of posts whilst procrastinating

um the name.....

good rice - i like good rice!
riceZ - COZ IM AZN MANZ!

actually it was for cs (yes THAT game) , and everyone had z's my 'clan'.

omg, is my name too aznerish?
:uhhuh: nodnod

lol anne has nice procrastinating threads!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
i dunno, well, i kind of do. i think that i liked to ask questions and answer other people's questions (in subject forums). then i found NS and it all went downhill from there (addiction/procrastination wise). plus, a whole heap of other stuff with trying to wean myself off msn :rolleyes:, liking that i could read a whole range of opinions on different topics, that there is always someone who knows an answer and can help and stuff like that.
Don't lie, you just love being MQ's ninja spy!

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Wow! you've all got such meaning behind your nicknames!

According to one of my slightly crazy friends, I always (Circa 2000, I suppose?) had boring nicknames. So, taking that as a challenge, I went by "LostPizzaBoy" for a while. While that got attention in the chat rooms I was so addicted to at the time (and abbreviated nicely to LPB|Away when I wasn't there... lol such a bad IRC trend..), the same responses got a little repetitive.

So, eventually felt the need for something a little less attention grabbing, and Skittled was it. No idea of any meaning behind it (hence the "Do u know what it means?" below my av), but I've always had this concept that sorta implies something crazy, as it if were a synonym for drunk, or high or something...

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
OK, CP - My first two initials, Claire Patricia.
The Jeeves part? Around the time when I registered here, a friend and I were constantly making up stupid stories about butlers, esp. Jeeves of 'AskJeeves.com'. For some reason we found him hilarious, so almost everything creative of mine from that era has a butler-reference in it, lol.

Just thought I'd add - "Let's Build a Snowman" is a line from one of my favourite movies, 'Cannibal!The Musical'. (Created by Trey Parker & matt Stone of South Park fame when they were in film school)

Last edited:

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Just like iambored, I originally just came on this site for some help for the hsc. So looking at a novel I had sitting on my desk and was studying for English at that time, I quickly came up with the username ‘marchetta’, the surname of an Australian author. It seemed somewhat appropriate at the time, being an hsc site and all… And hmm, I guess that’s the story behind my username, then!

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
AsyLum said:
Don't lie, you just love being MQ's ninja spy!
haha well that too (well at times it's more of a love-hate relationship), but i wasn't mq's ninja spy back then ;)

haha marchetta, i thought that was your name
i've always wondered what pb stood for, i thought her name might be phoebe

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol i'd always wondered what mserica meant.. i didn't realise it was 2 words, and i didn't know how to say it
i thought like.. m-serica

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Whoo! This one's for you, Steve!

courtesy of UrbanDictionary -http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skittled

"skittled

A cooler way to say scuttle along

1. "Show me again, what did the crab do?" 2. "It skittled along like this""

Although I've always thought 'skittled' meant 'all over the place'/crazy/whacked up etc... in any case, it sounds cool :)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol and i had thought you'd jsut eaten skittles when you chose it

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Skittled said:
Wow! you've all got such meaning behind your nicknames!

According to one of my slightly crazy friends, I always (Circa 2000, I suppose?) had boring nicknames. So, taking that as a challenge, I went by "LostPizzaBoy" for a while. While that got attention in the chat rooms I was so addicted to at the time (and abbreviated nicely to LPB|Away when I wasn't there... lol such a bad IRC trend..), the same responses got a little repetitive.

So, eventually felt the need for something a little less attention grabbing, and Skittled was it. No idea of any meaning behind it (hence the "Do u know what it means?" below my av), but I've always had this concept that sorta implies something crazy, as it if were a synonym for drunk, or high or something...
i just thought you liked skittles... and hence were "skittled" by skittles :\ everytime i think of you steve, i think of rainbow coloured wannabe MnM's :p

H?

buddy
HSC
because the letter H is cool, and a question mark adds all manner of mystique to it all.

I can't remember the real basis, actually.

*hopeful*

HSC
im with those ppl who only came on here 2 use bos a bit n leave

it was on the morning of 1 of my hsc examz n my friend told me 2 post a qstn and me being a big pessimistic was gonna make my nik "failure" or fail_03, faild_hsc or sumfn.......my friend being the eternal optimist told me 2 put something better so *hopeful* it was......

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
To expand on my previous post:

(its all a bit geeky) But, I started my gaming life/internet nick with havok, my callsign for Battletech (if anyone remembers the old Intencity game, I was HAVOK at Parra, and was ranked 3rd in the State :)) but seeing as that was a common name online, I went to Wrecca (a play on the character Recca from Flame of Recca) and then Asylum after I woke up from a drunken stupor at my mates place, turned on the TV, watched Batman, and thought 'hehe yeah I am a bit insane, Asylum sounds perfect'

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)