MQ vs UNSW in commerce (1 Viewer)

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
Yeah, title says it all. Which one is better in terms of the course and will bring more job prospects?

ascentyx

HSC
If you plan on majoring in actuarial studies, go macquarie. If not go UNSW.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
Accounting.

Actually, would prof accounting at MQ or majoring in accounting in commerce at UNSW be better? :s

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Commerce degrees are all the same at most unis. It's probably one of the most generic and basic courses. There is only so much they can teach you. What matters is the repruation of the uni. if you think MQ > UNSW then go to MQ and vice versa.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Don't know why you'd want to go to UNSW - General Education is sooooo bad!

lawstudent

HSC
have u done it? if so is it hard? workload? easy marks? etc
Im studying UNSW atm. The course is not hard at all, but you still need to put in some work to get good marks. (depending on what major you take, i do finance, and it requires some work)

Teachers are ok. The impression i got was the teachers all know their shit, but a few are crap at giving lectures, but if you have any questions and bother to go to them afterwards, they're very willing to help. (so it kinda makes up for the shitty lecture giving skills lol)

In terms of employment opportunities, obviously if you can get some HD average at any uni, any employer will want you. But UNSW is the safer option =)

Theres plenty of societies/clubs/events, cruise every year for commerce students + heaps of other random events.

I've never been to MQ, apparently its good for actuarial studies, being the first to offer it and all. But UNSW business school vs MQ business school, UNSW anyday for me =)

P.T.F.E

HSC
What would you rather MQ or the AUSTRALIAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS i know which one i would choose

Monsterman

HSC
Whats wrong with Sydney? I mean its the "best" uni out of all of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)