Mr. Waldron @ North Shore Chatswood (1 Viewer)

kerokero

HSC
dreamzcn said:
omg a mr waldron fans thread LOL

na he only teachers at north shore now, used to be a teacher at north syd girls
he was actually at sydney girls, the school that used to be a zoo ( no offense to all the sydney girls here on the forum!)

gcmk

HSC
I know this is a very old post but anyone still know if this teacher still tutors english?

frostysnow

HSC
i had him term 2 last year. My mum wanted his tutoring cos i thought he was good, but he's way too popular and would probably charge alot.

Group-wise, his lessons are really interesting, i just like the way he talks, but it ended up being him talking non-stop for the whole lesson, and when he asks a question, no one answers cos we're too shy and the fact we got used to him talking. And we never did any homework. I gave him an essay on the first week and got it back by week3. But i think private tutoring with him will be awesome.

chichichip

chichichichichichichi....
HSC
Totally irrelevant from Mr Waldron- but does anyone remember Mr Hanlon? :D

Awesomest. North. Shore. Teacher. Ever. :D

massownage

HSC
N/A
Yes, Mr. Waldron still teaches at North shore.
A point of correction Mr.Waldron does return work promptly (even if his office looks like it got bombed).

yy-d

HSC
wow! a whole thread dedicated to him :)

i'm not sure if i want to keep going to nth shore or not... it takes me an hour to get there by two different trains. not to mention trackworks on sundays is just torture.
what i dislike most is the time it takes to travel there for an hour and a half lesson. I know he's a great teacher..but should I go elsewhere?

Deathless

HSC
Mr Waldron sucks

*Gasps*

Jokes. His quite good, but I think he dislikes me... Oh well.

Deathless

HSC
Oh yeah sorry forgot to mention. Waldron's hand writing. lol.

mioumiou

HSC
He's one of the BEST english tutor I've ever have!!! And he's very funny as well. :)
LOL, yeah, apart from his writing, it's a bit doggy =S

Deathless

HSC
Yeah. He is one of the best English teachers. My school English teacher has no idea on most of the techniques that Waldron has provided us...

The funny thing about his hand writing, is that he can't read it himself. Once in class, someone asked him what he wrote on the board, and he took like two minutes to figure out what word he wrote. xD

mioumiou

HSC
Yeah. He is one of the best English teachers. My school English teacher has no idea on most of the techniques that Waldron has provided us...

The funny thing about his hand writing, is that he can't read it himself. Once in class, someone asked him what he wrote on the board, and he took like two minutes to figure out what word he wrote. xD
He's techniques are very interesting. I don't think most of the English teachers know about them =S

But lol, most of the time, he seems to know what's he's writing about.
But he the BEST English tutor I've ever have. :)

Deathless

HSC
Yeah. He is the BEST I ever had either, I want to have 1 on 1 lessons, but he's schedule is already too full :(

Oh he knows what he is writing about, he just can't read his own writing.

Have you ever had any other NS teachers? We had a sub once and that sub was terrible after I had Mr Waldron - all my teachers seem terrible actually. Especially my school ones.

mioumiou

HSC
Yeah. He is the BEST I ever had either, I want to have 1 on 1 lessons, but he's schedule is already too full :(

Oh he knows what he is writing about, he just can't read his own writing.

Have you ever had any other NS teachers? We had a sub once and that sub was terrible after I had Mr Waldron - all my teachers seem terrible actually. Especially my school ones.
I only have him for three times. And this is the third time. I remember in Year 9, there's a teacher called Mr Frost or something..... he's quite good. But everything came into a disaster when we've got a female teacher. She's just horrible, I'm glad that I don't have to see her this year. She's can't teach. the good thing is that she told us how to be organise and stuff, some english techniques, mark our hw, give me a crap mark and that's all. Mr. Waldron always gave me a good mark!! He analysis the texts extremely well (my booklet is always full of my scribbling writing =S) and he gave he reasonable marks (I remembered he gave me full mark for a few times :) )
Oh well, he's the BEST!!!

Does he do one to one private tutoring? I've never knew that. Have you doe maths at North Shore too? I would really like to get a private tutor but I don't know which one is the best. Can you suggest some to me? (btw, I'm planning of doing 4U maths next yr) Some maths teachers are great there but most of them are CRAP. I remembered last year Term 4, we've got this horrible teacher who just write up answers on the board without explaining anything at all. I was extremely confused with the new Year 11 topics back then. =(

Deathless

HSC
oh yeah thats who we had as a sub

Mr Frost

He sucks compared toi Mr Waldron imo. Mr Frost just sounds so dull... His voice is like droning

lol Mr Waldron loves English, he knows like every book. For example, I asked him a weird and obscure text and he said he's read it (I don't know if he is lying or not though)

Yeah he analyses texts so well, like the smallest of details that you wouldn't usually notice or bother with. For example we were analysing Olenna or I think it was another text, and he gave us like a historical background and related that the technoique linked in with some form of movement - I think post modernism or something and whatever whatecver.

Nah I heard Maths at North Shore is crap. Go to Matrix or Intuiton (I go Intuition) but I know plp who go to Matrix and they say Matrix is for smart people who want to excel, Intution is for people who want to do better/improve.

I just do English at North Shore w/ Mr Waldron because I read this thread like a year ago and thought North Shore (and since I lived so close, I decided to try it out and it blew me away) He is awesome. Just the hand writing. It's barely eligible most of the time...

mioumiou

HSC
oh yeah thats who we had as a sub

Mr Frost

He sucks compared toi Mr Waldron imo. Mr Frost just sounds so dull... His voice is like droning

lol Mr Waldron loves English, he knows like every book. For example, I asked him a weird and obscure text and he said he's read it (I don't know if he is lying or not though)

Yeah he analyses texts so well, like the smallest of details that you wouldn't usually notice or bother with. For example we were analysing Olenna or I think it was another text, and he gave us like a historical background and related that the technoique linked in with some form of movement - I think post modernism or something and whatever whatecver.

Nah I heard Maths at North Shore is crap. Go to Matrix or Intuiton (I go Intuition) but I know plp who go to Matrix and they say Matrix is for smart people who want to excel, Intution is for people who want to do better/improve.

I just do English at North Shore w/ Mr Waldron because I read this thread like a year ago and thought North Shore (and since I lived so close, I decided to try it out and it blew me away) He is awesome. Just the hand writing. It's barely eligible most of the time...
LOL, you've like complaining about his writing for a few post. :lol:
Yeah Mr Waldron is the BEST!! Do you still go there?
Do you think getting a private tutor is better than going to those coaching centres?
I agree that maths and sciences at North Shore is OKAY.

Deathless

HSC
Yeah I am still with Mr Waldron.

What private tutor are you looking for? What subjects and are you looking for a student or a teacher? I think it really depends on these considerations to whether a private tutor is better than a coaching centre.

Do you still go to maths and science at North Shore? I heard/thought it was crap?

mioumiou

HSC
Yeah I am still with Mr Waldron.

What private tutor are you looking for? What subjects and are you looking for a student or a teacher? I think it really depends on these considerations to whether a private tutor is better than a coaching centre.

Do you still go to maths and science at North Shore? I heard/thought it was crap?
I might get a private tutor for maths if I'm decided to do four unit maths at the end of this year. I think for 4 Unit maths, it's better to get a private tutor rather than going to the coaching centre, cuz I think I'm a slower learner myself.

Yeah I still go to maths and chem at North Shore. It was okay though. The junior sciences are very bad IMO :(

But my Chem teacher is okay, so I guess I can learn ahead compares to what I'm doing at school. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)