Mr. Waldron @ North Shore Chatswood (1 Viewer)

Deathless

HSC
I think for Maths it is better to go with a group (i.e. like North Shore, Matrix and stuff) because you will be pushed ahead rather than stay at same pace as school if u go 1 on 1 but it really depends on which one you prefer - but even if your a slow learner, tuition centres like Matrix and stuff usually have a tutorial/workshop thingy where you can ask questions/problems which you didn't get...

LoL, do you think Mr Waldron teaches/is good at Maths? I reckon he'd make a good maths teacher if he taught it like he teaches English...

James An Chatswood has a good Chem teacher (or had - not sure if he still teaches there)

Oh btw, the North Shore holiday courses suck

mioumiou

HSC
I think for Maths it is better to go with a group (i.e. like North Shore, Matrix and stuff) because you will be pushed ahead rather than stay at same pace as school if u go 1 on 1 but it really depends on which one you prefer - but even if your a slow learner, tuition centres like Matrix and stuff usually have a tutorial/workshop thingy where you can ask questions/problems which you didn't get...

LoL, do you think Mr Waldron teaches/is good at Maths? I reckon he'd make a good maths teacher if he taught it like he teaches English...

James An Chatswood has a good Chem teacher (or had - not sure if he still teaches there)

Oh btw, the North Shore holiday courses suck
Haha, I think Mr Waldron might teach extremely well if Maths is his expertise. Is Matrix really good at tutoring maths, or Talent 100 or Prior (why are they're courses so expensive!!)

I went to James An for about one year, I don't like it very much, but their maths and science teachers are good. the tests that they gave us is just like they gave you all of the questions a week before, and then they tested the same stuff just changed some names or numbers or otherwise it's exactly the same. It's just lost all the meaning of a TEST. And sometimes, the scanning machines for those MC questions, they marked them wrong even if you get it right. :(

I was very disappointed so I moved to North Shore. But for maths, which coaching centre is the best? I know there's a thread about this but too much opinions just cause me some headaches!! :lol:

Deathless

HSC
lol *pictures Mr Waldron teaching Maths again* the students would probably get lost in what he was teaching though

James An texts are basically quizes - they're not too great. I think out of institutional tutoring, that Intuiton is the best. I've been to Prior (year 10 - i was doing yr 11 maths), matrix (not for maths though) and Intuiton and I like Intuiton the best because there is this thing called tutoail where u can go as many times as u like and after u mark down homework u can ask school questions and stuff so yeah. But it really depends on you and how much hw you want. If you want none stick to North Shore or James Ann - if u want a lot go to Intuiton, Matrix etc...

What subjects do you do btw?

mioumiou

HSC
lol *pictures Mr Waldron teaching Maths again* the students would probably get lost in what he was teaching though

James An texts are basically quizes - they're not too great. I think out of institutional tutoring, that Intuiton is the best. I've been to Prior (year 10 - i was doing yr 11 maths), matrix (not for maths though) and Intuiton and I like Intuiton the best because there is this thing called tutoail where u can go as many times as u like and after u mark down homework u can ask school questions and stuff so yeah. But it really depends on you and how much hw you want. If you want none stick to North Shore or James Ann - if u want a lot go to Intuiton, Matrix etc...

What subjects do you do btw?
I'm doing English (ESL), 3U maths, Japanese Continuers, Chemistry, Biology and modern History. :)

I chose to do ESL cuz my teacher told me that I can do it. I came to Australia just about 5 years :p Or otherwise, I'll be in the top standard class in my school, but my ESL teacher told me that ESL scales much better than standard, and I'm really scared that I won't achieve good resuts. (it's very hard to get a Band 6 in Standard I've heard)

but i've decided to do Advance English at North Shore, just to practice english, knowing more technical terms etc.

how about u?

Deathless

HSC
Wah your so active on Bored of Studies man!

Oh yeah where abouts is your school/do you live? There are good tuiton centres/tutors at Fairfield and Hurstville i think.. but it might be a bit far?

Esl scales the same as Advanced I think - so thats pretty good for you (since u came here only for about 5 yrs, where did u come from?). Yeah in Standard its very hard, i did Standard in Prelim and got like 94/100 (in report - final mark and ranked first but only got band 5 so...)

Good choice with North Shore. Mr Waldron, Adv English very good choice lol. But it won't really help you I think for someone who does ESL. I got a really good tutor (not one to one but institutional but he is really good and I think he may be full, I can give u his centre's number if u want but I'm not sure if its conveninet for you, its in Chatswood and his name is Alan Nanva or something) I think he pales to Mr Waldron - but he is quite good...

mioumiou

HSC
Wah your so active on Bored of Studies man!

Oh yeah where abouts is your school/do you live? There are good tuiton centres/tutors at Fairfield and Hurstville i think.. but it might be a bit far?

Esl scales the same as Advanced I think - so thats pretty good for you (since u came here only for about 5 yrs, where did u come from?). Yeah in Standard its very hard, i did Standard in Prelim and got like 94/100 (in report - final mark and ranked first but only got band 5 so...)

Good choice with North Shore. Mr Waldron, Adv English very good choice lol. But it won't really help you I think for someone who does ESL. I got a really good tutor (not one to one but institutional but he is really good and I think he may be full, I can give u his centre's number if u want but I'm not sure if its conveninet for you, its in Chatswood and his name is Alan Nanva or something) I think he pales to Mr Waldron - but he is quite good...
Oh really? I live in Chatswood..... so yeah. So fairfield and hurtville might be a bit far for me though. (I go to Willoughby Girls btw)

Well, for english, Mr Waldron speaks and pronounced everything SO clearly, and I take notes (dictate) a lot (cuz I fell like it... lol) it helps me a lot with listening.... like i can write as fast as I could without missing anything he said (I tried.... it works most of the time though :p) Btw, thanks for helping though, I might not be able to go to the place that you're talking about, cuz I want to stay and tutor within Chatswood area, so I don't really have to spend time finding places or traveling..... :p I like Mr Waldron cuz he gave me a reasonable mark :) I'm quite happy with that.

I admit that I learnt most of my english from watching films, but it works for me!

I came from Taiwan.... a very tiny little country next to China :p lol

It's good to hear that there's someone as good as mr Waldron (but it's extremely rare though, since he's one of the BEST English teacher I've ever known.....). But wow, your prelim mark is very impressive!!

Deathless

HSC
Woot. I suspected you'd live in Chatswood because you go to North Shore.

Mr Waldron does do things quite clearly, I take notes of what he says too because I can't read his writing -_- I can never ever read his writing, so I either copy off others or write what he says. Oh yeah for English, the one by Alan is called ETA you might of heard of it (not sure if anyone from Willoughby, but I know a lot of Kilarney plp who go there) its quite good but it takes too much time and I think Mr Waldron is better. My lowest mark since I started having English tutoring with ETa and Waldron is like above average - quite good but just below the top marks by like 2 or 3 so I think Waldron does a heaps good job. He'll gives you words that you'd never have heard of ever until you go to his class. Oh and I think he was saying something about some super essay but I'm not sure what he was talking about because I got lost in his writing...

Really? Oh yeah I learn like a lot of Chinese (Canto) form watching TVB too lol

Taiwan -_-

Hey I just scrolled up to your subjects and read you are studying modern hsitory. What topics do you do? Maybe i can tutor you next year for HSC modern history xD I do Ext Hist, Ancient Hist, Modern Hist but I am not so good at Modern (top 10 still) but I am good at Ancient and Ext. I came 2nd last yr for Ancient and atm equal 1st with others (based on first assessment) and I think I own everyone with my major work xD lol. Do you enjoy Modern? I think its a great subject but I dont like what we study in school because we do the worst topics and my ex-teacher was terrible, in one week he would come late to class three times and be like 15 minutes late and when he arrives he talks about crap that isnt even revelant to the course suchas talking about how he plays world of warcraft and counter strike and owned someone by camping for like 3 hours... and he'd talk about this crap for half of the lesson, then the remaning half he'd just give us notes from the textbook that he didn't even condense well. Couldn't control the class either. Worst teacher in history ever. Totally unlike Mr Waldron xD

brenx712

HSC
I've got Mr Waldron for one of those class group coaching, whatever you call it. May have only had from for about 6 weeks but I'm quite liking his teaching style and stuff. Actually pleasantly surprised since how word on the street is that North Shore is... quite bad.

yy-d

HSC
HAHAHA him teaching maths.. oh dear, the handwriting... (I've just learnt to write as he dictates)

and I withdraw my previous uncertainty about going to Chatswood everyweek for classes. he is good for extension :)

I wish i'd known earlier that he does private...-sigh-

Deathless

HSC
@ yy-d

Do you have private with him? OMG I've begged NS for it to have it for so long, but I awlays get rejected :(

P.S. Are you from the Sunday class? If so... I MIGHT HAVE SEEN YOU BEFORE o_O (you'd be the first person I'd have seen from BOS)

Are you doing the holiday class too? Mr Waldron's so smart, but in the classes we've been doing Module A for like forever -_-

yy-d

HSC
@ yy-d

Do you have private with him? OMG I've begged NS for it to have it for so long, but I awlays get rejected :(

P.S. Are you from the Sunday class? If so... I MIGHT HAVE SEEN YOU BEFORE o_O (you'd be the first person I'd have seen from BOS)

Are you doing the holiday class too? Mr Waldron's so smart, but in the classes we've been doing Module A for like forever -_-
lol no, not Private though my class is so small anyway
and I go on Saturday afternoon for Ext1 english... :p

yy-d

HSC
What do you guys do in english advanced classes with him?
I mean.. different schools do different modules...

Deathless

HSC
We learn the module "generally" - it's not that great. We learn more on tips rather than the nitty gritty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)