Mths Ext.2 Class of 2010 (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What book am I using? Fitzpatrick. I bought Cambridge as well for the hell of it, to supplement.
What topic am I starting with? Complex numbers.
What pace is it? Pretty relaxed - an exercise per two lessons I reckon. At least for now.
How am I coming? Very well.
How much time do I spend per exercise? Well, maybe an hour or so.
When I have class, what does our teacher do? Mark exams, while he lets us work in silence. Or look out the window.
How's our classes? 2u is in school, 3u is in school with earlies every Thursday, 4u is completely out of school. Super Tuesdays is the best day, Period 5 - Maths 2u, Period 6 - Maths Ext 1, Period 7 (after school) - yes, you guessed it, MX2!
2u and 3u topics? 2u we're finishing off Prelim with Series and Sequences, sum to 'n' terms currently. 3u we are doing Trigonomeric Equations. Yummy.

I'm doing it for scaling, my love of maths, and the feeling I get when I get the answer to a question I've been working at for a long time. I'd say it's comparable to getting a girlfriend and kissing her, although I wouldn't know about that...

Jonneeh

HSC
Wow i seem to be spending too much time per exercise compared to everyone else, even with the time spent i dont feel like im uptaking much information:spzz:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah, I'm with Jonneeh. I spend too much time per exercise.

topic test for complex numbers coming up in two weeks!! EEEPPP

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah, I'm with Jonneeh. I spend too much time per exercise.

topic test for complex numbers coming up in two weeks!! EEEPPP

captainvagina

HSC
At my school we started ext2 in week 2 so we have only had 3 lessons so far. Im using cambridge and terry lee textbooks. Were up to modulus and argument. The only thing i dont like about cambridge is that there are not fully worked solutions in the answers section (most textbooks dont do this anyway but.....) for those questions where u just get stuck.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
* What book are you using?

Cambridge, Coroneos, Patel, Fitzpatrick, Bostock

* What topic your starting with?

Complex Numbers. Up to Locus
I actually have no idea what I'm up to, but it's about what Yash said. But I think we're a bit ahead. Our class mixes up our 3/4U work and though I have separate books once I shut them I completely forget what I've been doing. I would say I'm doing about half an hour of maths work a night, because I can't really be bothered. So basically I'm screwed, but whatever.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC

jeikyung

HSC
* What book are you using?
Cambridge from school. Home/Tutor- fitzpatrick, terry lee, excel sk patel

* What topic your starting with?
Complex numbers . up to geometrical representation or some shit. lol

* What pace is your school going at? Try to do an exercise per double?
we have 2 lessons a week. so..its pretty average i guess.

* How are you coping?
pretty crap. the teacher teaches stuff that is sort of unrelated to the cambridge book. her examples are good.. its just that i dont really get it . but then again i have a tutor (y)

* How much time you spend on each exercise?
i spend like 2-3 hours T___T. i do it in the last minute. must stop doing that and implement time !

gaaah ! ><

Jonneeh

HSC
Yay just borrowed from our library:

• Adv Mathematics - Terry Lee
  • Maths Ext2 SK Patel
Quick skim they are easy on the eyes compared to Cambridge and appear to go into more depth then Cambridge does.

Anyways anyone got worked solutions for the Patel book?

Thanks
Nerd it up time:read:
(hopefully)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
which library did u get it from?

i never find textbook in the library! gahhh! i had to buy mine

Cardea

HSC
- What book are you using?
We've been issued 3 so far: T.Lee, Patel and Coroneos

- What topic are you starting with?
Complex Numbers

What pace is your school going at?
We only started the course at the beginning of this week. Incompetent school couldn't organise classes more quickly than that.

How are you coping?
To be honest, my teacher is going way too fast for me. We're expected to grasp things within minutes, and particularly for me since I'm a slow learner, it's irritating! It's a class where I always have to be on the balls of my feet though.

- How much time you spend on each exercise?
1-2 hours, not much relatively. We're not given that many exercises, which may be a concern...

Is anyone else particularly worried about how they'll go and cope in the course? It's futile to be anxious this early since we've barely begun, but I can't help thinking the year is going to be a fairly bumpy ride for me in terms of 4U.

Jonneeh

HSC
which library did u get it from?

i never find textbook in the library! gahhh! i had to buy mine
School Library xD

I wouldn't mind buying them, their not that expensive. Small price to pay for success? i guess :tongue:

PS: Is anyone else the only person in their class?

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Using Cambridge for 4U, Maths in Focus for 3U. Our ext 2 classes are during school :D ext 1 is in sport.

So not too bad I reckon.

Jonneeh

HSC
nope. I have 20+ other people in the same class.

which sucks
Competition isnt a bad thing.... and atleast you can talk to the others and ask for help or whatnot

Being the only person, is abit awkward, but then again its like having a private tutor.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Competition isnt a bad thing.... and atleast you can talk to the others and ask for help or whatnot

Being the only person, is abit awkward, but then again its like having a private tutor.
i dont ask others for help - they ask me lol
and besides asking for help, people dont really talk to me
haha
but the teacher talks to me

id like to be the only person...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)