multiple choice answers (1 Viewer)

Takuto

HSC
how is 6 c...

lol

just because temp of cage is less makes it an endotherm?

thats horrible, lol

you could choose d just by eliminating the others

Lordie

HSC
SMFHS said:
person one cant be a carrier cause its male so the male has to be either not affected or affected ..not inbetwen
Indeed. I got that one wrong, because I'm an idiot, heh.

cccclaire

HSC
Takuto said:
how is 6 c...

lol

just because temp of cage is less makes it an endotherm?

thats horrible, lol

you could choose d just by eliminating the others
In some ways C is also a valid answer, but D is the most obvious by far.

Takuto

HSC
the temperature of the cage isnt exactly the same as the ectotherm, ectotherm just rises and falls with ambient temperature, not keeps it exactly the same as it

the only observation he gave was that it was lower..

doesnt prove anything

cccclaire

HSC
Takuto said:
the temperature of the cage isnt exactly the same as the ectotherm, ectotherm just rises and falls with ambient temperature, not keeps it exactly the same as it

the only observation he gave was that it was lower..

doesnt prove anything

yeh true.

I put D too, I mean, the observation is basically the definition of an ectotherm, I don't understand why you would choose C over it anyway.

Wehmer

HSC
cccclaire said:
oh fuck. thats such a trick question =[

14/15 and such a stupid mistake too =[ what a shame.
Same here about that antigen question >_> Bastards tricked me.

"As C says that the fact that defined it as purely endothermic was that it was a lower inner temperature to that of the ambient environment, it can't be right, as an ectothermic animal would also exist at a slightly lower inner temperature that that of the ambient environment (as an ectothermic animal existing in a 40 degree celcius environment wouldn't have a body temperature of exactly 40 unless it had been there for hours, and it's physiologically impossible for an ectothermic animal to have a body temperature higher than the ambient temperature, assuming the ambient temperature remains constant)."

Lordie

HSC
dolbinau said:
Yes!! This happens after EVERY exam. I go to BOS and get paranoid LOL.
SAME...and now I have a headache. :(

heh, whose to say we even have the right answers. BoS could say that the sky is green, and we walk on the ceiling. *Shrug*...it is a government thing after all... :p

cccclaire

HSC
Wehmer said:
Same here about that antigen question >_> Bastards tricked me.

"As C says that the fact that defined it as purely endothermic was that it was a lower inner temperature to that of the ambient environment, it can't be right, as an ectothermic animal would also exist at a slightly lower inner temperature that that of the ambient environment (as an ectothermic animal existing in a 40 degree celcius environment wouldn't have a body temperature of exactly 40 unless it had been there for hours, and it's physiologically impossible for an ectothermic animal to have a body temperature higher than the ambient temperature, assuming the ambient temperature remains constant)."

Oh man the question is worded just to trick people "what is the ROLE of antigens" like, when you talk about antigens you don't exactly think of it as a role. It's blatantly there as a trick, which is sooo annoying.

Wehmer

HSC
cccclaire said:
Oh man the question is worded just to trick people "what is the ROLE of antigens" like, when you talk about antigens you don't exactly think of it as a role. It's blatantly there as a trick, which is sooo annoying.
Yeah. *shakes fist at BoS*

Oh and <3 Little Miss Sunshine by the way.

-::Sanni::-

HSC
I nearly got tricked with the very first question!!! XD I have this annoying tendecy to skip reading parts that are extremely important! XP

I hope I've got at least 13 right! Oh please oh please oh please OH PLEAAAASE!

I suck at multiple choices....:mad1:

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
cccclaire said:
dw claire.

you are still pretty much guaranteed a band 6 coz you did well in the rest of the paper

=]

cccclaire

HSC
midifile said:
dw claire.

you are still pretty much guaranteed a band 6 coz you did well in the rest of the paper

=]
Yeh not too sure about the DNA fingerprinting butterflies, but losing such an easy mark is such a bummer.

I swear to god if I get an 89 I will fucking kill the board of studies for their poorly worded stupid trick question.

danz90

HSC
midifile said:
congrats =]

howd you find the rest of the paper
really good, straightforward.
i reckon 53+/60 for short answers, including any little possible screwups or not enough detail bla bla. but i feel really confident about ALL my answers. :) :)
and for my communication option, should be 20+/25 for sure.

So hoping for raw in high 80s :)
And thus... band 6!!!

How about you?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
danz90 said:
really good, straightforward.
i reckon 53+/60 for short answers, including any little possible screwups or not enough detail bla bla. but i feel really confident about ALL my answers. :) :)
and for my communication option, should be 20+/25 for sure.

So hoping for raw in high 80s :)
And thus... band 6!!!

How about you?
Pretty happy overall. As far as I know I did okay for short answers, I may have lost 1 or 2 for the 8 marker, but it just depends on their marking criteria and what they accept.

My option (genetics) was a bit strange. I couldve gotton like 12/25 without even studying for it at all because there was a 5 marker and a 7 marker that you could pretty much bullshit.

But like the blood question, I think it all depends on the marking criteria.

Yeah.. Im hoping for an overall band 6 too. :)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
cccclaire said:
Yeh not too sure about the DNA fingerprinting butterflies, but losing such an easy mark is such a bummer.

I swear to god if I get an 89 I will fucking kill the board of studies for their poorly worded stupid trick question.
Seriously, if Ms Leibman said it was okay, im sure the BOS will too

danz90

HSC
midifile said:
Pretty happy overall. As far as I know I did okay for short answers, I may have lost 1 or 2 for the 8 marker, but it just depends on their marking criteria and what they accept.

My option (genetics) was a bit strange. I couldve gotton like 12/25 without even studying for it at all because there was a 5 marker and a 7 marker that you could pretty much bullshit.

But like the blood question, I think it all depends on the marking criteria.

Yeah.. Im hoping for an overall band 6 too. :)
yeeah the 8 marker was a little ambiguous. i reckon maybe 6/8 for me (5 if they mark really strict).

i think this year they're gonna mark harder, since it was an easier paper.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
danz90 said:
yeeah the 8 marker was a little ambiguous. i reckon maybe 6/8 for me (5 if they mark really strict).

i think this year they're gonna mark harder, since it was an easier paper.
Really? I thought this years paper was harder than last years.

But yeah. I really just depends on what they were looking for, but like if you lose marks, Im sure half the state would lose marks too =]

danz90

HSC
midifile said:
Really? I thought this years paper was harder than last years.

But yeah. I really just depends on what they were looking for, but like if you lose marks, Im sure half the state would lose marks too =]
Well this year's paper had a lot of Maintaining a Balance - a topic I like and know heaps from. Although, I reckon they're definitely marking harder this year, cause of the easier questions (well at least in my opinion).

My teacher said that head markers look at around 200-300 randomly picked student responses to make up the marking guidelines/criteria, which all starts TODAY.

I ended up going onto a 2nd booklet for the communication option lol. I just had so much to write for the big 6 and 7 markers... and had plenty of time so I thought why not, just throw all my knowledge onto the paper.

I absolutelyyy loved the 5 marker on the non-infectious disease. I drew it up as a table, with all the criteria they wanted, and did it on Lead poisoning - coz I knew alot about this since I researched it for the Chem course. lol at first i started writing about influenza.. then im like WTF this is infectious, half way through my response lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)