multiple choice answers (1 Viewer)

HSC
gjr17 said:
i think for question 5 its D cause t-cells are used for viruses which invade the cytoplasm of human cells.:rolleyes:
2 things wrong with that dude:

1. As to my understanding, memory T cells arnt "produced" by the inflammation response.

2. "...that provide a limited response if infected by the polio virus" is wrong as vaccinations increase the secondary immune response.

Answer C

dolbinau

HSC
Plus when talking about vaccinations we always say they trigger the immune response not inflammation.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
im sick of question 6 C D question 6 C D question 6 C D question 6 C D question 6 C D question 6 C D question 6 C D

someone make a poll =)

dolbinau

HSC
I reckon It'll be D. It is just the most correct option. It says Increase metabolic activity was an observation - and the BOS don't trick us this way, I don't think.

But I hope it's C. lol.

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
WantToDoBetter said:
The reason most people picked D is because it fit the exact model of an ectotherm increasing with ambient temperature (the temp in the cage). But, im gona stick with my answer, C, i spent a while on this question and decided the even though it is completely correct to OBSERVE the temperature of the organism you can only infer that its metabolic processes are increased, you cannot observe that.

I'm stick with C on this one. If C is right 14/15 if not then 13/15 (Dam pedigree LOL).
lol, you are convincing. Answer C should be right. The temperature of ectotherms is of the ambient one, ie the cage. I'm not sure about the metabolism bit in D, whether it will increase or not, meh still chose D. omg It took me quiet a bit of time too!

The first observation must have baffled me "it was not a mammal" -_-"

tau281290

HSC
WantToDoBetter said:
The reason most people picked D is because it fit the exact model of an ectotherm increasing with ambient temperature (the temp in the cage). But, im gona stick with my answer, C, i spent a while on this question and decided the even though it is completely correct to OBSERVE the temperature of the organism you can only infer that its metabolic processes are increased, you cannot observe that.

I'm stick with C on this one. If C is right 14/15 if not then 13/15 (Dam pedigree LOL).
I was thinking that too so I put C, but now the more I think about it, the more it seems like its D. May be we are all wrong. Who cares...we won't get to know our answers anyways.

The cage is probably in room temperature, are there any endotherms that need to maintain a body temp lower than room temperature?

dolbinau

HSC
Shadose said:
lol, you are convincing. Answer C should be right. The temperature of ectotherms is of the ambient one, ie the cage. I'm not sure about the metabolism bit in D, whether it will increase or not, meh still chose D. omg It took me quiet a bit of time too!

The first observation must have baffled me "it was not a mammal" -_-"
D is factually correct.

L-esky

HSC
I left 40 minutes at the end of the exam for multiple choice so I didn't need t rush through it.
I was finished in 10.
I'm not even good at bio and I feel like I did ok with the exam overall and looking through here at the multiple choice answers you guys are saying were correct, well they're the ones I chose.

ahmad reza

HSC
gloworm14 said:
im sick of question 6 C D question 6 C D question 6 C D question 6 C D question 6 C D question 6 C D question 6 C D

someone make a poll =)
Yo i think it was D man! when temp increased in the cage the temp of the animal also rose as well as ita metaboloc rate! so ectotherm as metabolic rate just means they become more active which is true. you can even observe it!

pamauz91

HSC
N/A
Omg... if I didn't rush through mutiple choice and read the answers to question 5 clearly =_= ->
Don't know how I ended up locking in B for 5... Epic fail on that question

For 6, I got D... I was tossing up between C/D...

But other than that, it looks like I had the same answers as what most people got for the other questions.

Well I guess we find out whenever they decide to put the paper on the BOS site...

Too late to do anything about it now... the stress load for the exam is gone, so stop worrying... :)

bendha

HSC
the answer to six if fucking D .. the animal for fucking C IS FUCKING DEAD OKAY >.. THAT IS WHY IT's fucking temp was lower than the shitbox cage.

it's gonna be like those past pd papers .. both answers are fucking correct okay

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
burnet ftw :D dot point 5 i think in SFBH.

multiple choice was ez. the last one was tricky and i screwed it up :(

the question about antibiotics too.
i put virus coz i remember reading it on BOS somewhere -_-

oh well, def 13/15

Kew

HSC
syriangabsta said:
the question about antibiotics too.
i put virus coz i remember reading it on BOS somewhere -_-
haha, damn. :(

I managed to score 14/15 for MC as stated by the topic with the paper & the "answers".
I have no idea, but I put Artificial Insemination instead of Genetic Engineering. :(

oh, AND THE ANSWER IS D FOR QUESTION 6.
it's just the way it is.

dolbinau

HSC
Yeah it's just so strange that some of you got knocked over on the really easy ones but get the hard ones right :p.

dolbinau

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
I'm sure you're not the only one, and that your logical reasoning really doesn't suck that much.
"I did UMAT." Oh, now does that all of a sudden imply that anyone should pwn ass?
Nothing to debate.
'tis D, for DIE dick dildo ... uhm, what else is rather obscene? D-cup titz! :rolleyes:

Why does anyone think it's C? (A and B are clearly wrong.)
It's an observation.
You draw from the question, not from outside of it; just remember (not that it makes any difference now, now that it's all over and done with).
What? We needed to 'draw' from our knowledge of ectotherms and endotherms, and from drawing that knowledge it can be found that D is factually correct.

B

bekmay

its temp was less than the temp of the cage endo. NO WRONG WRONG WRONG

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
NOT C!
couldn't have been conclusively C, let's say a human was in the cage- we're endotherms. if the temp of the cage was like 10 degrees C, the human's body temp would still be approx. 37 degrees C. thus NOT less that the temp of the cage cos they'd be DEAD!

Kew

HSC
& also it must of been a pretty damn hot cage if its temperature was less!

what a stupid answer.

dolbinau

HSC
Kew said:
& also it must of been a pretty damn hot cage if its temperature was less!

what a stupid answer.
Which it could have been. D is a better answer, but if it was very hot then C is correct for endotherms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)