10 - c
11 - b
12 - c
13 - c
14 - a or d
15 - a

based on that, i got 11/15

uggggh

fairly certain a couple of them are wrong.... 4. can't be c) - a judge hearing her brother's case is sooo not procedural fairness. 10. isn't c) either cos equality before the law is a key feature of just law 14. i was told a) because d) is a part of the rule of law aaand also i heard 15. b) because you had to go via the polic to apply for an injunction? not sure about that one though

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
AAM said:
1 C
2 A
3 C
4 A
5 D
6 B
7 D
8 C (Tort is Injury, only his property was damaged)
9 B
10 A
11 C
12 C
13 C
14 A
15 A

How did i go?
i still said tort, because of possible negligence by the store?

iluvGG

HSC
i said (though, from reading these comments i realise some of them are wrong :( )

1c
2a
3b
4a
5b
6c
7d
8d
9b
10d
11d
12c
13c
14a
15a

but that multiple choice was seriously hard/confusing i think!

=)lisa

whatdoyoumeanitalksofast?
HSC
emma9440 said:
fairly certain a couple of them are wrong.... 4. can't be c) - a judge hearing her brother's case is sooo not procedural fairness. 10. isn't c) either cos equality before the law is a key feature of just law 14. i was told a) because d) is a part of the rule of law aaand also i heard 15. b) because you had to go via the polic to apply for an injunction? not sure about that one though
ah yeah read through what you said.
i agree with some of ur answers
also, lol, oops my bad, 10 was meant to be D
and yeah its weird about 15. i personally thought injunction, but then thought hang on, thats not the most effective/accessible coz ud need to go through the courts etc... and then i thought police is probs the most accesible so i went with B. GAH!

Mond

HSC
1. C
2. A
3. B
4. D
5. B
6. C
7. D
8. D
9. C
10. A
11. B
12. C
13. C
14. A
14. B

I found the multiple choice section to be the most difficult, as usual. I received 96 in my trial exam, and those four marks were taken off from this section. I assume this time I will lose even more marks from this section.

chriskoss

HSC
=)lisa said:
ah yeah read through what you said.
i agree with some of ur answers
also, lol, oops my bad, 10 was meant to be D
and yeah its weird about 15. i personally thought injunction, but then thought hang on, thats not the most effective/accessible coz ud need to go through the courts etc... and then i thought police is probs the most accesible so i went with B. GAH!
I think your wrong..

Police do not interfere with civil matters.. only criminal matters..
Thus injunction I believe is right.
I thought Police too. then i remembered reading they don't normally FULLY intervene.. i mean yeah, they have to, but not to the extent which they take your case over for you.. unless they are a private investigator.. you know.. a police will file a report and thats it..

The rest is up to the courts.

Zeestylez

HSC
does everyone agree 1. was C? Coz my teacher circled A =S

then again he is getting a bit old...

lol i was gutterd when i saw A i was thinking, first answer wrong.. FAIL lol

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
chriskoss said:
I think your wrong..

Police do not interfere with civil matters.. only criminal matters..
Thus injunction I believe is right.
I thought Police too. then i remembered reading they don't normally FULLY intervene.. i mean yeah, they have to, but not to the extent which they take your case over for you.. unless they are a private investigator.. you know.. a police will file a report and thats it..

The rest is up to the courts.
i dont do legal...but i can see logic in that...haha

pyjamapants

HSC
N/A
These are the ones I'm not too sure about. I put:

5. B
7. A
8. D
9. B
10. D
11. D (i was thinking along the lines of the application of the rule of law results in natural justice and procedural fairness. but dunno, because then that would make C an option. damn)

Out of those answers alone, does anyone want to grade me out of six?

Freakin600

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake22
It doesnt say common law anywhere in that question. It just says What is NOT an essential feature of a just law?

knots&crosses said:
Yeh but what she/he means is that law can be both staute and common law--basic stuff. so therefore a law made by paliament is not the only way a law can be made, it was trick question.

I thought it was A because you can issue a remedy without it being effective - and even then it depends on who you're talking about it being effective too.

Like, you could put an 18 yo in prison after commiting GTA or something, and that'd be effective for society coz then he wouldn't be ablle to steal from the again, but chances are it's not effective for him coz it's not gong to rehabilitate him...

pyjamapants

HSC
N/A
I was thinking long and hard about question 10.
Just because a country doesn't have a democracy it doesn't necessarily mean that the law is unjust.
You know what I mean?
Just a meandering thought.

timmiejay

HSC
Tim's MCQ; some i know for sure, some i dont know.

1. C
2. A
3. B (High court decision)
4. B (It's apparent bias. our teacher gave us a hand out for this but said it might
come up in the HSC. Apparent bias defined as: when a judge is so closely
associated with one of the parties before him or her that the law would
automatically disqualify the judge from deciding the case. I have never heard
of actual bias in my life.
5. B
6. D (Its actually C; chancellor's court. MY mate looked it up)
7. D
8. C (It may be tort law)
9. B
10. D
11. D
12. C
13. C
14. D
15. A

pyjamapants

HSC
N/A
kristynicola said:
this is what my teacher said...
  1. c
  2. a
  3. b
  4. b
  5. cant remember
  6. c
  7. d
  8. d
  9. b
  10. d
  11. she wasnt sure!! either c or d she said
  12. c
  13. b
  14. b
  15. a
i think i got like 5/15. but owned the rest of the paper... so annoying!!

With question 14, I put (a) because the rule of law means nobody is above the law. The fact that the government has gone and done something illegal shows the rule is violated.

omg. the multiple choice is always really hard. and if your teacher wasn't sure how can the Board expect us to know!

knots&crosses

HSC
Zeestylez said:
does everyone agree 1. was C? Coz my teacher circled A =S

then again he is getting a bit old...

lol i was gutterd when i saw A i was thinking, first answer wrong.. FAIL lol
Lol yes. Its the definition in every book. Tort law remedies civil wrongs, it was even a past HSC multiple choice.

knots&crosses

HSC
Freakin600 said:
Quote:
I thought it was A because you can issue a remedy without it being effective - and even then it depends on who you're talking about it being effective too.

Like, you could put an 18 yo in prison after commiting GTA or something, and that'd be effective for society coz then he wouldn't be ablle to steal from the again, but chances are it's not effective for him coz it's not gong to rehabilitate him...
Practically, it could not achieve justice, however in theory, a just law should provide an effective remedy.

I will post up my answers with an explanation as to why they are right or wrong. However you need not be convinced by my logic during an exam. xD

1. 1. C (past HScCquestion, definition in most text books))
  2. 2. A-too obvious
  3. 3.B- the decicion was made in the high court in Queensland, hence common law
  4. 4. B- actual bias refers to jury members while apparent bias is the close relationship b/ween a judge and someone else)
  5. 5. C- this may be wrong however i never recall reading education in the constitution. was a process of elimination. The others i had seen)
  6. 6. B- I knew it was the court of chancery and chose the closest thing. apparently its correct, as the king himself handed jurisdiction to the chancellor, thus developing the principles of equity)
  7. 7. A - this is most probably wrong, but i read deeply into the question. The "permit" led me to believe it was a legal right. I'm sure there was past HSC q like thins.
  8. 8. D- was tossing between c and d, but remembered that tort law involves negligence and that organisations have a duty of care. there was some case about a snail in food, where a lady sued in tort.
  9. 9- A- definitely wrong, I didnt read the second part of the question. Most probably the answer is B, as in this case, the law has nothing to do with anything, neither does affirmative action. but tricky.
  10. 10. D- Process of elimination. In theory, which would not be essential for a just law. Democratically elected. Hmmm, however there is a big chance that this is wrong, as a just law attempts to make the greates number of people happy and in a democratically elected parliament, the majority have voted to represented by that govt. but thats what i call reading too much into it.
  11. 11. C- Pretty likely its right, as the rule of law defines that no-one is above the law>>fairness.
  12. 12. D-for sure. Very simple question.
  13. 13. C- I am so certain this (almost) exact question was in a pst HSC. I was tossing for B but it said operation and B is just a simple definition.
  14. 14. D- Some people are saying B, but im guessing it was a trick question, governments do not have executive power, they have legislative power. Executive power is for people who enforce law such as dpp and police.
  15. 15. B- I had no idea what an injunction was, still dont know, I think im wrong, but that seemed the most "appropriate" thing to do.

and there it is folks. This was the wierdest multiple choice... it actually required detailed knowledge rather than memorisation of headings as usual. However most people seem to have felt the same way... so were all in the same boat and should be fine. This post has been long enough so i shall stop rambling...

Last edited:

timmiejay

HSC
pyjamapants said:
With question 14, I put (a) because the rule of law means nobody is above the law. The fact that the government has gone and done something illegal shows the rule is violated.

omg. the multiple choice is always really hard. and if your teacher wasn't sure how can the Board expect us to know!
It's D. The separation of powers is to do with the Legislature (people who pass thw laws such as the government), the executive (the police who enforce it ) and the judiciary (the courts which apply such laws).
the question shows that the government (the legislature) wants to confiscate land even though the high court (the judiciary) is determining its illegal. This action is out of their own power. Thus its a violation of doctrine of separation of powers.

Dundasbro

HSC
fleck27 said:
Wtf, I looked up principles of equity on google and it says it was made it the 'Court of Chancery' WTF! thats not even in there lol

I can has courts?

Jake22

HSC
pyjamapants said:

I also put A, because one of the basis' for the rule of law is that no government is allowed to use power arbitrarily.

In just deciding to take the land off the farmers it is expressing arbitrary use of power. Hence a violation of the rule of law.

But alot of people on here have put other answers. Explanations would be good

timmiejay

HSC
Jake22 said:
I also put A, because one of the basis' for the rule of law is that no government is allowed to use power arbitrarily.

In just deciding to take the land off the farmers it is expressing arbitrary use of power. Hence a violation of the rule of law.

But alot of people on here have put other answers. Explanations would be good
Jake i posted mate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)