Multiple choice answers (1 Viewer)

knots&crosses

HSC
melaniejane said:
"The way to guarantee that we have a viable a modern education system is to
constitutionally enshrine the right to a free state education (including the right to

private if the public right is waived) in the Australian constitution via a referendum."

(this was off a website, dedicated to adding education to the constitution)

this implies, education is not an enshrined right already.
Thanks for that. Yay!!! btw. does anyone know what the cut off was for a band 6 last year???

Last edited:

iluvGG

HSC
knots&crosses said:
Thanks for that. Yay!!! btw. does anyone know what the cut off was for a band 6 last year???
ooh yes. id be interested in knowing that also.....

shakky15

HSC
melaniejane said:
"The way to guarantee that we have a viable a modern education system is to
constitutionally enshrine the right to a free state education (including the right to

private if the public right is waived) in the Australian constitution via a referendum."

(this was off a website, dedicated to adding education to the constitution)

this implies, education is not an enshrined right already.
damn, got that wrong then. not looking too good now - this is what i got:

1- C
2- A
3- B
4- B (didnt even learn this at school... i thought the fact that there wasnt any proven bias meant that it wasnt 'actual' bias. so i went with apparent.)
5- D (my reasonong was that there isnt always a jury in every trial ie: local court)
6- A (silly me... thought 'chancellors court' was in there as a trick .. i knew it was courts of chancery.. .y do they have to do this obsure bs? if an option was chancery i wouldnt have had a second thought)
7- D
8- D (negligence on the part of the shopping centre. the centre didnt exactly damage the property thus he cant sue them for it under peoperty law)
9- B
10- A (i dont think every law provides a remedy - the remedy is decided by the courts isnt it?)
11- C (one of the worst qns ive ever seen.. could easily be 'justice' - justice is a result of fairness isnt it... i just picked fairness in the end)
12- C
13- C (this was similar to a past HSC one, which caused some controversy at my school when we attempted it... so i didnt really put too much thought into this one)
14- D (im not even going to bother explaining - 'A' also seems very reasonable so ill just wait and see which one is actually correct)
15- A (police cant do much about defamation.. get a court order to stop the paper would be most effective).

well i dont think i did too good... m.c should be easy shouldnt they? either they are right or they arent... some idiots who wrote this section of the paper..

jessy4aidan

HSC
evildentist said:
Right to acquisition of property on just terms - s51.3 - it's in the constitution.

Why do I know this??
yeh i put d - right to jury trial
but its wrong. i believe the answer is c - right to education.
the others r 1st generation rights wen education isn
it was a stupid mistake on my behalf...

Muchi

HSC
Scissors said:
Funniest thing about this section is that I completed it in 3:45 minutes. LOL!
LOL. Same here. A few seconds before you I think. I think I had people glancing at me weird because I was alright writing for crime within the first five minutes of the paper.

John-G-B-2008

HSC
charlesdinio said:
John you piece of no good.

The question was:

What is NOT an essential feature of a just law?

DW bout common law

Go to your text book.. or those study cards

It says B C and D are all features of just laws.

A is not true, some laws are only there to ristrict what we can and cant do, not provide a remedy
I'm pretty sure i'm right mate...maybe you should stop listening to the 40 year old virgin to get your answers coz a just law involves common law as well u tosser

jessy4aidan

HSC
i screwed up badly in mc......
i got
1. c
2. a
3. b
4. a [stupid mistake again, answer is b:( ]
5. d [ n again... answer is c, the rest r first generation rights eg political n civil i believe]
6. c
7. b... [i tossed up between d n b n i think i made the wrong decision]
8. c [ duno y i chose this, it was either c or d.. silly mistake again]
9. c... [i believe it was b now]
10. d
11. d [ wish i chose c..]
12. c
13. b [tossed between c n b.. changed ma mind at last min]
14. a
15. a

wish i could do it again lol. rest of the paper was awsum. i actuali thought multiple choice was easy... until i got on here n looked up the stupid mistakes i made. neways hope u all get wat u want
ciao!!

Muchi

HSC
My answers:

1. C
2, A
3, B
4. A (Apparent didnt seem right but i could be wrong)
5.B (Yes, I know it's education. Aw man!)
6. C (Remember reading about this!)
7. A (ARGH! *slaps self)
8. C (It didn't say that John was injured. If he's using for his laptop, it has to be under property)
9. B (Thats the only one that seems right)
10. D (We were taught that a just law is acceptable, enforceable and accessible. If it provides an effective remedy its enforceable right?)
11. C (it's right. My textbook here says, fairness refers to a desire to see al people treated as equals! WIN!)
12. C
13. C
14. D (I think it might have been A but I'm not sure)
15. A (If they want to stop them from defaming that seems pretty right. It didnt say anything about NSW so C seemed wrong.)

8th1da

HSC
Sections 24 protects the right to vote: The House of Representatives shall be composed of members directly chosen by the people of the commonwealth
Section 51 the right to property: allows for the acquisition of any property on just terms from any state or person for any purpose in respect of which the parliament has power to make laws. (Both real and personal property)
Section 80 trial by Jury

therefore 5 must b C

shakky15

HSC
John-G-B-2008 said:
I'm pretty sure i'm right mate...maybe you should stop listening to the 40 year old virgin to get your answers coz a just law involves common law as well u tosser
laws = common AND stautes.

statutes dont provide remedies.

if the parliament is democratically elected then the laws it passes would be a reflection of the majority of society's wishes... yeh thats a weak argument i know... but i stand by 'A' as the answer.

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
My Conclusions:

In relation to question 5 I am quite sure it is C, because education is only a right under the Education Acts (can't remember what year), all the rest are enshrined in the consitution, some people may have gotten confused because B refers to "the right to acquisition of property on just term" (s51.3).

Also Question 14, I answered A because the government has essentially ignored the ruling of the courts (judicial review people!!!). Also, you would rule out D because the separation of powers is one of the ASPECTS of the rule of law.

Still unsure of question 13, 10 (common law isn't made by democratically elected parliament!.. and it depends in what context they are using the word 'remedy') and 8... I guess we won't really know until the answers are published!

Olympus15

HSC
Fucking equity. I put king's cause i figured that the chancellor answered to the king.

P

pen-el-ope

how can you all remember what the questions were and what you answered?
oh
unless you took your exam paper i suppose

Muz4PM

HSC
I don't know what others put or thought, but I found these multi choices tough. I found the remainder of the paper alright, but these just threw me a little. I got

1)C
2)A
3)B
4)B (wasn't sure, thought A or B, but I went apparent because she isn't actually an owner of the buisness, I don't know if that is a correct assumption or not.)
5)C
6)A
7)D
8)D (I assume he wanted a remedy for his broken computer, so I went tort)
9)B (Wasn't sure, nothing was racially motivated so I thought either B or C)
10)B (Had little idea on this one)
11) C or D, (I cannot recall)
12) C
13) C
14)D (Toss up between A and D)
15)A

Kelly47

HSC
Can someone please post up the paper? At least for MC, I so want to know how I did lol.
I'm thinking I probably failed it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)