Multiple Choice Answers (1 Viewer)

Jake22

HSC
ley.ben said:
I picked C. My reasoning was that the question stated it was 2006 (before HSDPA was widely available) causing the compression to be more severe over a lesser bandwidth network (GPRS). Therefore not allowing for as much audio information to be stored per second (sample rate) and a poorer quality resulting when the sound was complex. Yes i had a lot of time during the exam to think about it so perhaps i over-thought the question ;)

Hope that makes sense im out of it at the moment :eek:
legend

Suck on that terlob!!

Terlob

HSC
ley.ben said:
I picked C. My reasoning was that the question stated it was 2006 (before HSDPA was widely available) causing the compression to be more severe over a lesser bandwidth network (GPRS). Therefore not allowing for as much audio information to be stored per second (sample rate) and a poorer quality resulting when the sound was complex. Yes i had a lot of time during the exam to think about it so perhaps i over-thought the question ;)

Hope that makes sense im out of it at the moment :eek:
:( You've convinced me.

Jake, there is no way you're gonna beat me. I'm a multimedia machine. A social issue cyborg. An AMS artificial intelligence. A Data flow diagram robot. A critically damped android.

I am the mechanical equivalent of the HSC IPT syllabus.

Jake22

HSC
^^ yeah, but im ranked first.

Whatcha gunna do about it? hahaha punk

Oh i feel so powerful

9deuce

MADE
HSC
I'll take 3rd then.

I just looked at that question, and choose C.
Didn't even think about it.
It just struck me in the face as the right answer.

de keizer

De Legende zelf Kors
HSC
For question 8 here are my reasons.
a) 1 is infact a switch, not a router.
b) as it's only forwarding data, it's a hub
c) a router is used to connected networks to networks, so in this case, it would be used to connect the internet to the H.D. LAN and the L.H. Lan
d) nfi what that is, some kind of token ring bs.

The anwer is C

btw, this is his bro if anyone cares. this exam was full of shit.

also, question 20 is the most bullshit thing i have ever read. seriously, what the hell. I'm doing CISCO at tafe (i have to keep going with it till the end of the year ffs) and that shit made no sense.
Correct me if im wrong, but parity bits do not determine whether or not the IP is static or dynamic.
Excuse the swearing, im slightly drunk and annoyed at these questions.

q15 is C. Irrespctive of whether or not the speakers are any good, think of it as a radio. it's transmitting data through wireless and there is a 100% chance of anything going wrong. How to use my networking nerdology. As most of you know there is TCP and UDP. TCP is a connection based thing where in order to send data, a handshake must occur. UDP is connectionless, meaning that data is sent, regardless of whether or not the user recieves it.
If the streaming was to occur via TCP and data was dropped, the phone would require the data to be resent, thus it would take a long, long time. UDP however, allows for this minor loss of data so that although not all info is sent, enough is sent to get the jist of whats happening.
Most of you guys have used Vent or Teamspeak, or any some form of voice client, even games too. Those lag spikes/dropouts? Those are via UDP. Ever noticed how sometimes you'll miss what someone has said. Thats because UDP doesnt resend data, where as TCP does.
It's got nothing to do with the speed of the server, electromagnetic interference or the speakerphone itself, its the way the data is transmitted in the first place.

Last edited:

Jake22

HSC
^^^ 20 was easy, just another follow what is being said and either say "yer, diagram shows it" or "nope, not this one"

JosephW

HSC
de keizer said:
a) 1 is infact a switch, not a router.
b) as it's only forwarding data, it's a hub
c) a router is used to connected networks to networks, so in this case, it would be used to connect the internet to the H.D. LAN and the L.H. Lan
d) nfi what that is, some kind of token ring bs.
Your logic is flawed. A router does not connect to the internet directly. 3 is a modem as analogue and digital data needs to be connected so C is defiantly wrong.

Terlob

HSC
JosephW said:
Your logic is flawed. A router does not connect to the internet directly. 3 is a modem as analogue and digital data needs to be connected so C is defiantly wrong.
No, you're wrong

Routers may provide connectivity inside enterprises, between enterprises and the Internet, and inside Internet Service Providers (ISP). The largest routers (for example the Cisco CRS-1 or Juniper T1600) interconnect ISPs, are used inside ISPs, or may be used in very large enterprise networks. The smallest routers provide connectivity for small and home offices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Router

JosephW

HSC
Terlob said:
No, you're wrong

Routers may provide connectivity inside enterprises, between enterprises and the Internet, and inside Internet Service Providers (ISP). The largest routers (for example the Cisco CRS-1 or Juniper T1600) interconnect ISPs, are used inside ISPs, or may be used in very large enterprise networks. The smallest routers provide connectivity for small and home offices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Router
Routers can come with built in modems/firewalls/sex toys for all I care but they did not specify.

de keizer

De Legende zelf Kors
HSC
JosephW said:
you'd be an idiot to think that the internet isnt a network.

Terlob

HSC
JosephW said:
Routers can come with built in modems/firewalls/sex toys for all I care but they did not specify.
Go to google and type in "Define: router".

[SIZE=-1]On the Internet, a router is a device or, in some cases, software in a computer, that directs information packets to the next point toward their destination[/SIZE]

de keizer

De Legende zelf Kors
HSC
Terlob said:
Go to google and type in "Define: router".

[SIZE=-1]On the Internet, a router is a device or, in some cases, software in a computer, that directs information packets to the next point toward their destination[/SIZE]
aka, connects networks to networks.

JosephW

HSC
de keizer said:
you'd be an idiot to think that the internet isnt a network.
No shit Sherlock. The internet runs on the public switch telephone system. It is an ANALOGUE system which needs DIGITAL signals from a network to be modulated. Once reaching the destination, it is DEMODULATED back from analogue to digital format. :hammer:

Definitions of modem on the Web:

* A device that converts digital data into analog signals and vice-versa for transmission over a telephone line.

Last edited:

blistk

HSC
de keizer said:

also, question 20 is the most bullshit thing i have ever read. seriously, what the hell. I'm doing CISCO at tafe (i have to keep going with it till the end of the year ffs) and that shit made no sense.
Correct me if im wrong, but parity bits do not determine whether or not the IP is static or dynamic.
Question 20 is not asking about static/dynamic IPs. It's simply asking whether the IP is assigned manually or automatically. Basically, refer to the TCP/IP box. If it was automatically assigned, "Obtain IP address from server" would have been ticked.
"Use the following IP address" means that the user would have had to manually assign which IP to use.

whitey9999

HSC
N/A
Yeh they are just asking whether u want to manually put in ur IP they never had anything on Dynaic and Static in the MC answers did they... Coz i didnt learn that

I guess no one will know the real answers till the notes come out the BOS site. Hope i did well
Um the Q with the DFD, i didnt know where everything was going or the order
Wat did u guys put coz i put A i think ...I think it was Q 17

sarexoxo

HSC
Does someone have a lot of time on their hands and want to type up the questions (at least the one without diagrams)? We werent allowed to take the exams out....

blistk

HSC
whitey9999 said:
Yeh they are just asking whether u want to manually put in ur IP they never had anything on Dynaic and Static in the MC answers did they... Coz i didnt learn that

I guess no one will know the real answers till the notes come out the BOS site. Hope i did well
Um the Q with the DFD, i didnt know where everything was going or the order
Wat did u guys put coz i put A i think ...I think it was Q 17
I also got A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)