Multiple Choice Answers!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

AlmostOver!

HSC
Originally posted by user

yeah i did the same thing

only because we did DSS in class.

but then i went on to say heaps on data warehousing and data mining or something

and i wasn't actually sure what an MIS was, apart from the fact that it's used by managers.
Do you guys reckon a DBMS would be accepted for that answer?

Vortex

!
HSC
Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo
I though 19 was a touch gyettish, considering the symbol's 'manual _input_' in SDD.

not BOS........ Heinemann
If you look at the course specifications for IPT and SDD for the system flowcharts, they are the same.
It is Heinemann that labelled that incorrectly in the SDD book.

BTW the Heinemann textbooks are not very good.

Morgues

I never heard of "question preparation"
looks like i got 17/20 for multiple choice

milan24

i only got 3 wrong answers, thats 3(d, that was a stupid mistake), 5( i had the answer for d and changed it to c, damn, it wasnt my lucky day!) 17(piece shit bracks for the phone no.)

milan24

the other questions was ok, but only the 2 options last part, shit man, dont know what should i write, just fill it with bullshits.
last year's options was so easy, especial the last part for 8 marks, i could get 4 at least.

what did people wirte for q26 a ii, i wirte something to do with probability

funkydish

Originally posted by Morgues
also in TPS what did everyone include in the dataflow diagram?
for tps i had : ... actually it's too hard to do it text based lol. i might whip up a graphic of it later. :)

AlexZ

I got all ym multiple choice answers correct except for one which you guys seem to have different to me.

And that's question 10.

I really think the answer is C because it's only during the feasibility study that you get to decide where you Reject the idea, revise the idea or accept the idea (idea = system). You don't do that in prototyping.

Anyway that's my 2 cents.

del

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by AlexZ
I got all ym multiple choice answers correct except for one which you guys seem to have different to me.

And that's question 10.

I really think the answer is C because it's only during the feasibility study that you get to decide where you Reject the idea, revise the idea or accept the idea (idea = system). You don't do that in prototyping.

Anyway that's my 2 cents.

but the question asks for 'information system development approach'.. feasibility isn't an approach

blake

Can someone please post up the questions for multiple choice so I can compare...Thanks

AlexZ

A feasibility study technically does help with the development of the information system just as much as a prototype does. Anyway, we're not debating about the wording. Just look at the diagram. The only thing that looks to me to be anything like a prototype is the first box. The rest indicates that it's a feasibility study.

In a feasibility study you "evaluate the system" and then make a decision on whether you "abandom the system", "revise the system" or whether the "system is complete". A prototype just allows you to demostrate the current system through participant input and better understand the nature of the problem. Of the answers in the question, C is the most suitable.

On another note, I always get these errors while trying to view just about any thread in the forum/trying to reply. So If I don't reply you now know why :p

Warning: Can't create UNIX socket (55) in /usr/home/www/sites/hsc.ozlpn.com/htdocs/community/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't create UNIX socket (55) in /usr/home/www/sites/hsc.ozlpn.com/htdocs/community/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

AlexZ

Originally posted by Macccca
13 - b
15 - d
16 - b

my differences...
Yeah I got your answer for 15 and 16 (both of them are definately right) but 13 is wrong in my opinion. Detailing the time frame of the project definately occurs in the project plan whereas determining the nature of the problem occurs afterwards from what I remember.
A is the more correct answer.

del

HSC
N/A
syllabus states the repetive process of a prototype. hence the loop structure...

create a working model, show it to participants and invite suggestions on how it could be improved (evaluation), modify the prototype and produce the next version and keeping on repeating this till it meets the need of the system (evolutionary prototyping).
when a prototype meets the need of the partcipants two steps can be taken...... either abandon it... or use it as the basis of the rest of the system, in which case the process would continue.....

eh i should be studying for maths........ damn......

ALF STEWART

my differences were 15-d and 16-b and another one umm cant remember which one but the bloody brackets in 17 that i didnt notice stuffed me up there, and the one on which info systems to use for the pizza one, lack of study prevented me knowing what the heck they were asking, i didnt look at that bit at all, i knew the names but not what they did, and the last questions of the options, wtf

I'm scared..the test was easy..but i screwed it up..

he 6 mk Qs on the options were evil..I wrote 3 pages on it but im not sure if its right..the 2 methods of analysing thing screwed me up again..and the calculation i put 16 instead of 4 ...argh...hwy didn't i think of that!!!@!

my aim was high band 5 and hopeuflly 6 but it seems like it will be mid band4...

i mean i did ok ...these three things are the only ones that i screwed up but it seems everyone did well...meaning my overall rank would go down...argh...DID EVERYONE DO THAT GOOD?? OR ARE U JUST BS ING???

How did u guys go REALLY? how many Qs did u screw up?

del

HSC
N/A
i think i f-ed up on those dumb 6 mark questions....

yeah me, same as u iptteacherssuck,

don't think i 'analysed' properly..... i mean 6 marks for 3 things.... wtf were we meant to write..... had no idea whetyher to make things up relating to the processes... or use what was goven in the scenario..... but somehow..... i think it was more make up crap..... which i didnt do.....

all i did for damn displaying where we were supposed to have 'emphasis' was say that the only data to be displayed is text and images, which would be displayed in a hymermedia form of a webste.... then i said they'd need a monitor... and because of the graphics that may have requiremenyts in terms of RAM and graphics cards...... and that was it...... grr....
eh well i guess we have to all play the waiting game now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)