12. D
13. B
14. A
15. D

Last edited:

Numero Uno

HSC
Steven88 said:
excuse me.. can u plz move this post to the multiple choice answers..becuase i already started this forum!!..ok ....no one relpy here!!!...go to my one ..steven88

thank you....:p
aahha wutta wanker

yeah im pretty sure i got 15/15 too

stupid exam though
especially the last genetics question

*ccs*

mnanda88..moles r pretty cute aye hahahahaha .........that question on sixe of blood cellls was a B*tch...the only one i didnt know....aghhhhh

Oso

Biotechnician in Training
HSC
Abtari said:
the answer is definitely D

it says water molecules move from area of low solute concentratoin to high solute concentratoin, meaning that water molecules are moving from area of high water concentratoin to low water concentratoin....and it has to be osmosis... not diffusion :D
aww, crap I keep making stupid mistakes... I got 2 wrong as well, I definitely lost 7 marks for accidentally missing a question... I don't like this anymore, I was confident until I came on this site...

always_smile

HSC
SmileyCam said:
1 B
2 C
3 A
4 B
5 A
6 C
7 C
8 B
9 D
10 C
11 B
12 D
13 B
14 A
15 D

anyone disagree?
Sorry. Question 15 cannot be D, because the european enviornment and the Australian envionment are not similar or do not have similar conditions therefore d cannot be the answer.

My teacher said the answer was 15 c

always_smile

HSC
Sorry. Question 15 is c not d. Because the environment of europe and australia are not similar thus they cannot develop similar characteristics. That is what my teacher said anyway. Another thing he said was that the question said that they were not closely related. This does not mean that they were not related. I really dont know the answer could be c or d.

Last edited:

Oso

HSC
always_smile said:
Sorry. Question 15 is c not d. Because the environment of europe and australia are not similar thus they cannot develop similar characteristics. That is what my teacher said anyway. Another thing he said was that the question said that they were not closely related. This does not mean that they were not related. I really dont know the answer could be c or d.
Dammit, another mark lost, yeah I think your right... This site just keeps making me feel worse and worse...

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
15 is so not c... an oragnism cant change its characteristic... the species evolves to suit its environment... so it cant be c right? must be d

Zali

HSC
always_smile said:
c) suggests that the moles change their characterists after they are born rather than undergoing evolution. I think its d) it doesnt say where in australia n europe they are from there are areas of similar climates, europe is a pretty big continent.

i got all the same as evry1 else cept i put b) 4 12 :S i cant see how its wrong but then i can c how d) is right so i dunno

Oso

HSC
Zali said:
c) suggests that the moles change their characterists after they are born rather than undergoing evolution. I think its d) it doesnt say where in australia n europe they are from there are areas of similar climates, europe is a pretty big continent.

i got all the same as evry1 else cept i put b) 4 12 :S i cant see how its wrong but then i can c how d) is right so i dunno
<_<
I think I'm just gonna stop worrying and wait for the results then, my brain is hurting from thinking about it...

pigman13

HSC
My answers:
1.b
2.c
3.a
4.b
5.a
6.c
7.c
8.b
9.d
10.c
11.b
12.d
13.c
14.a
15.d

Goodluck every1...

pigman13

HSC
~SeXcSuM~ said:
15 is so not c... an oragnism cant change its characteristic... the species evolves to suit its environment... so it cant be c right? must be d

c is definately not right, an organism cant change its characteristics to suits its current environment. <<<jey word there is current, and an organism can not change over one generation. My answer was d, that they evolved similar structures to similar environmental conditions. im 100% sure this is right.

anyway..biologys over! never again...good luck with all your marks.

nina12

HSC
15 isnt d), im sure its c) cause these moles havnt ' evolved similar structures' cause they were already similar. The new enviro's made them evolve apart from each other, so now they are different, and they now 'suit their current enviro'

i_like_black

HSC
Zali said:

i was tossing up between b) and d) but i figured that in the diagram u don't see salt ions on either side of the membrane, that's how i justified my answer anyhoo. yeah i also was unsure of 13, i knew how big red blood cells were, but not white so i said, but i now think that is wrong. but other than that got the same as everyone else. yay.

Kyroth***

HSC
Did anyone else put C for 3? I chose nutritional rather than environmental, because you put the smoke into yourself. Though maybe nutritional is only vitamin deffciencies and stuff. I figured not Environmental (A) because smoke isn't natural (though I guess smog and pollution aren't either).

And always smile, sorry, but 15 is not C. If you look carefully at the wording, it says "an organism can change its characteristics to suit its current environment". That means an animal moves from one area to another and changes itself (as an individual, not a species) to suit its new environment, which we know can't happen. D says evolve, it is an example of evolutionary convergence (B is evolutionary divergence).

elisabeth

HSC
nina12 said:
15 isnt d), im sure its c) cause these moles havnt ' evolved similar structures' cause they were already similar. The new enviro's made them evolve apart from each other, so now they are different, and they now 'suit their current enviro'
It's D.

An organism can't just change its characteristics to suit its current environment - that's a Lamarkian view. Imagine, they'd change everytime it rains (bad example, but maybe valid).

Why do they look alike? The question states they're NOT closely related. What's a logical reason for both having those little claws? Well, they're suited for digging, hey? In a burrowing, underground environment, that's an advantage, no matter whether you're in Europe or Australia.

It's an example of convergent evolution, where organisms evolve similar structures to suit their similar environments. Remember the other example of sharks/dolphins? One's a fish, the other a mammal, so not closely related, but a streamlined shape is an advantage in an aquatic environment so they both evolved that way to suit their env.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)