Multiple Choice for maths. (1 Viewer)

xdosha

HSC
Just wondering, since there is multiple choice for 2u, will there be multiple choice for 3u and 4u?
How many multiple choice are in the 2u?
And will that be the same for 3u and 4u?
(multiple choice is usually the hardest for me, in any given exam, getting a little bit worried.. but it is maths, so there is only one correct answer right? :p)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Maths has only one answer

and from memory I believe 4 and 3u have it

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Relatively easy.

Similar to the difficutly of the first question in normal exams

xdosha

HSC
Relatively easy.

Similar to the difficutly of the first question in normal exams
EX2 questions are NEVER easy.
but I guess thats pretty cool, hope they're relatively easier.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
EX2 questions are NEVER easy.
but I guess thats pretty cool, hope they're relatively easier.

I meantfor the 2U course.

But I would assume it would be the same standard as question 1 in 4u

eat_well

HSC
I hate the inclusion of multiple choice. It means the first "actual" question we do will be set to a higher difficulty.

Alkanes

HSC
Hmm and remember it could also ask you to write down something as well "Objective Response", not just Multiple Choice.

Alkenes

HSC
N/A
MQ will be easy...the rest of the questions will fuck you up for MX 2

deswa1

HSC
I don't know why everyone is complaining about MC. You treat it like any other question- look at it and then answer it. The only difference is that when you reach your final answer, you circle a box that has that answer (this also means that if you make a horrible mistake, the answers might tell you). There are still 90 other marks (in 4U) to separate people based on ability so its not as though raw marks will now skyrocket.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Hmm and remember it could also ask you to write down something as well "Objective Response", not just Multiple Choice.
Objective responses mean MC

Also, stop bitching about it. It won't be hard and everyone is in the same fucking boat

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't know why everyone is complaining about MC. You treat it like any other question- look at it and then answer it. The only difference is that when you reach your final answer, you circle a box that has that answer (this also means that if you make a horrible mistake, the answers might tell you). There are still 90 other marks (in 4U) to separate people based on ability so its not as though raw marks will now skyrocket.
Very much this, but I do admit that MC is a pain in the backside sometimes (especially to write).

Maths has only one answer
I disagree. What about proofs? There is often more than one way to prove a certain thing.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Yeah there's no real bad thing about multiple choice. The only really negative I can point out is that if a student looks at the multiple choice answer and it changes their train of thought.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I disagree. What about proofs? There is often more than one way to prove a certain thing.

Okay, I agree with you on that. But I meant to state that they won't ask for proofs but will ask for one answered questions, such as stationary points etc. (for 2U at least)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Yeah there's no real bad thing about multiple choice. The only really negative I can point out is that if a student looks at the multiple choice answer and it changes their train of thought.
Don't look at the answers and do the question

Problem solved

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't look at the answers and do the question
Depends, if they ask you to find an inequality, you can just sub the answers into the equation until you find the correct answer

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Depends, if they ask you to find an inequality, you can just sub the answers into the equation until you find the correct answer
If you are so OCD about the answers, it is best to cover it. Solve the equation/question and match your anwer to the given respones.

Problem, yes you can solve them easily, but sometimes answers can throw you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)