Multiple Choice Q1 and Q2 (1 Viewer)

superbird

HSC
wats the answer to the first multiple choice question. decision making, interpersonal or teamwork?
also for the 2nd. i put price discrimination, later found out it was wrong. i think its meant to be resale price maintenance, however my textbook has it as RETAIL price maintenance. i think retail and resale mean the same thing neway...

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i rekon its interpersonal but i rote informational in da exam ;(

vivs

HSC
Q1 is Decisional Making

Q2
there is a difference and the answer if definately resale price maintenance

Price discrinmination is when u charge different price to different group

resale price maintence is as the question suggest
u contrl the price of the product and will not allow retail to alter the price and is illegal aswell

euphoric

HSC
Q1 interpersonal
Q2 resale price maintenance (i got a similar question in the trials)

V

vanbasten

It can't be decision making. Decision making is a skill of management, not a management role.

Interpersonal because its dealing with people.

JessC

HSC
N/A
there's a decisional role of management tho and part of their role is to negotiate

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
no...
There's Interpersonal which is figurehead, leader, liason... which this CANNOT BE
there's Informational which deals with basically the collection, processing, communicating of information...
and there's Decision making which is stuff like entrepenure and DISTURBANCE HANDLER

kid2220

hey guys..
if you managed to copy onto the booklet you can take your multi's... post it up?? that way i have my heart attack now..rather then later..
peace

allibinalli

ahhhhh

interpersonal or decision making
ratio 1:1 or do you include goodwill
man im freaking out now!
i thought i got most of the mc right but now i know i totally stuffed up
i cant even remember if i put price discrimination or resale price maintenance..maybe neither

superbird said:
wats the answer to the first multiple choice question. decision making, interpersonal or teamwork?
also for the 2nd. i put price discrimination, later found out it was wrong. i think its meant to be resale price maintenance, however my textbook has it as RETAIL price maintenance. i think retail and resale mean the same thing neway...

Alain

slivering87
HSC
N/A
Did you consider that the "leader" in the interpersonal role works to create a positive work place culture and relations!Isn't that part of coming up with a strategy to resolve conflict which will then conversely mean aiming to develop a positive workplace culture. Look up interpersonal in the dictionary....Peopl skills etc etc. As teachers have always told me and Peter Sheehan who provides advice on HSC.... the markers and question makers aren't trying to trick you!!!!It's the first question in multiple choice! not the last

thekeg

paper

does any one actually have a copy of the multichoice section or no wat the questions where for those first two quest.
cheers dave

mojako

HSC
thekeg said:
does any one actually have a copy of the multichoice section or no wat the questions where for those first two quest.
cheers dave
if u ask... (although I have no idea why you need this..)

1. As part of her work, a manager selects an appropriate strategy to resolve conflict between workers and management. Which management role is being exercised when selecting this strategy?
(a) decision-making
(b) informational
(c) interpersonal
(d) teamwork

I put down interpersonal but now I'm sure its decision-making :(
Interpersonal is to act as figurehead (to sign stuff), as leader (of workers and teamworks) and to build liaison (with other managers or businesses).
Decision-making role is as entrepreneur, resource allocator, disturbance handler and negotiator (to settle disputes for example).
And its obvious Im copying from textbook :p

2. X-Data Business Machines Ltd has released an advertising campaign that states the sale price of one of its computer packages. It has insisted that distributors of this computer package sell it only at the advertised price. Which of the following aspects of consumer laws has been breached by X-Data Business Machines?
(a) implied conditions
(b) price discrimination
(c) resale price maintenance
(d) deceptive and misleading advertising

robaspike

question 1 and 2 and 3 were all C...
dont know about 2 and 3 but question 1 is defantly C all the nerds in my class got that n my teacher said it was that after the exam...i just guessed C! so thats 1 mark for me in the business exam, prob the only one ill get..

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
no...
There's Interpersonal which is figurehead, leader, liason... which this CANNOT BE
there's Informational which deals with basically the collection, processing, communicating of information...
and there's Decision making which is stuff like entrepenure and DISTURBANCE HANDLER
If you insist that interpersonal is leading and being a liason - surely that would have something to do with workers.

Decision making was never a role of management, thats a decisional role.

So your wrong sunshine...

HSC
Q1. Decisional
Q2. Resale Price Maintainence, though that caused a bit of controversy in our class

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)