Multiple Choice Q3 (1 Viewer)

Jebu

Acid said:
I know what the definitions are, i'm not disputing that. I just think it was a trick question because I got one exactly like that in a practice paper and it was Unitary.

Yea i recall that question, and thought it was unitarian because of that, however that question was about a manager disagreeing with how the business was going. which is seen as disloyal when considering the business as a single unit. However, this question was about conflict, and the us VS them perception, which lends itself closely to radical.

I think it was a trick-trick question, aiming to catch out anyone who remembered it from the past papers ;)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
if the question stated that the manager disagree's with employee's over business goals or something... what is the managers point of view, that would be unitary.
I've never really seen unitary from an employee's perspective... it would be something like 'employee's believe that their individual goals are the same as the company'

Acid

HSC
Jebu said:
Yea i recall that question, and thought it was unitarian because of that, however that question was about a manager disagreeing with how the business was going. which is seen as disloyal when considering the business as a single unit. However, this question was about conflict, and the us VS them perception, which lends itself closely to radical.

I think it was a trick-trick question, aiming to catch out anyone who remembered it from the past papers ;)
Fair enough, but at least someone finally understands what I was trying to say!

My economics teacher is marking business so she said she'll bring answers to school around wednesday... I'll post em up here ...

ChelleBelle

Q3

Take a look at HSC Business exam in 2002 there is a very similar question in m/c about people who work together to achieve common goals and one of them has an opposed view the rest see as disloyalty.

Answer is unitary

So if u can make sense outta that then this question would mean the same answer

BlindGuardian

I'm so gettin this $100
Why be stupid for....Radical....the only answer....argue and suffer castration

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ChelleBelle said:
Take a look at HSC Business exam in 2002 there is a very similar question in m/c about people who work together to achieve common goals and one of them has an opposed view the rest see as disloyalty.

Answer is unitary

So if u can make sense outta that then this question would mean the same answer
i can make sense out of that question.. unitary is when they think everyone should be thinking as one and if someone opposes then they are seen as disloyal because they arent part of the big 'group hug' thing
radical is when there is a clear 'us vs them' thing happening and the employees of ace rubber can see the management isnt doing things in the best interest of the employees.. rather than trying to work together
if the answer was unitary it would have to be that the employees see managers as being disloyal to the groups goals or something.. not management doing something for themselves purposely against the employees

SYNeR

pluralist recognises the existence of unions & employer associations,
whilst radical is an "us vs. them", ie more aggressive in my opinion.

The question was: "The employees of Ace Rubber Manufacturers believe that the purpose of any action taken by management during an industrial conflict is to increase its own power and to exploit workers."

Which I'm pretty sure would have to be radical.. cause it's an "us vs. them" attitude.

BlindGuardian

SYNeR said it well///read the question carefully....the employees feel that ANYTHING management does during industrial conflict is to exploit its workers therefore it is an "us vs. them" attitude meaning its RADICAL!

roxy_malibu

HSC
ok people...

i can see why some would think its unitary... cuz of the words "purpose of any action taken" but it goes on to say DURING INDUSTRIAL ACTION. isn't unitary seen as when a 'member of the "team'" is seen as disloyal as soon as they disagree? or take action?

this question says that the action has already taken place.

the words "exploit workers" indicates that it is radical. i put radical and i would like to be right.

i say the simple solution is wait for the answsers. hehe :uhhuh:

MoOChU

I want in on the cash! I put radical. I think the important part of that question was "any action taken by management during an industrial conflict is to INCREASE ITS OWN POWER AND TO EXPLOIT WORKERS", clearly that's us vs them.

aidan910

HSC
it was definately radical.... when is the $100 coming? lol

chocolatte

Definately radical. Key word POWER. Think of it in terms of marxist theories regarding the relationship btwn e/yees n e/yers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)