Votes: 20 46.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 53.5%

• Total voters

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
haha yes..i keep doubting my first answer.. but then doubt my second answer...and it goes back and forth.
more often then not your original answer is the correct one.

HSC
-may-cat- said:
more often then not your original answer is the correct one.
Yep i always cross out my answer then change it, then get the test back and go damn i had that answer

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
want2beasenior said:
Yep i always cross out my answer then change it, then get the test back and go damn i had that answer
lol, i hate that! i always sit in my exams trying not to psych myself out but i always do

Cardea

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
haha yes..i keep doubting my first answer.. but then doubt my second answer...and it goes back and forth.
That is exactly me in an exam room. I lose the most marks in my multiple choice sections. I mean, I'm pretty good at english if you give me written responses and that, but MC? I can't do them for the life of me. Then I usually choose the wrong one out of the two most correct answers *facepalm*

SchottGun

HSC
The thing about multiple choice is that there are always at least 2 obviously wrong answers...

So really, it makes it harder because the question then becomes a 50/50 of two possibly correct answers rather than a 1 in 4 of an array of obviously wrong answers...

And when you think like that, the pressure builds on you.

Just me who thinks this?

Cardea

HSC
I guess it's sort of like that. But out of the two possibly correct answers, there will be just one that's the tiniest fraction more correct than the other. The thing to remember with MC questions is that though two may be correct, it's the one that best answers the question you have to choose. For example, one option might be a correct statement, but that doesn't necessarily mean it answers the question.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Cardea said:
I guess it's sort of like that. But out of the two possibly correct answers, there will be just one that's the tiniest fraction more correct than the other. The thing to remember with MC questions is that though two may be correct, it's the one that best answers the question you have to choose. For example, one option might be a correct statement, but that doesn't necessarily mean it answers the question.
True. But I still always have problems choosing the BEST answer because I always doubt myself

Cardea

HSC
Yeah, I know what you mean. I try to always keep that in mind - to choose the best answer - but there's always the second-guessing and doubts. Can't seem to get rid of them!!

smushieex

HSC
yeah, I don't really like multiple choice.
I do tend to over think things which usually ends up wrong. T___T
This usually happens in english. I hate it how my teacher says there's no wrong answer when it comes to poetry as long as you can justify yourself well..
But how the hell are you supposed to do that in multiple choice? T_T
meh, whatever.

Aznmichael92

HSC
i dont think multiple choice is really a good way to test someone as if they dont know the answer, they can guess it and have 25% chance of getting it correct where as short response, you either know it or you dont. You could guess but there are many possible answers?

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
i dont think multiple choice is really a good way to test someone as if they dont know the answer, they can guess it and have 25% chance of getting it correct where as short response, you either know it or you dont. You could guess but there are many possible answers?
That's actually quite true, someone may just colour in a random circle for every question and get full marks, whereas someone who actually knows their content may not do as well as they second guessed themselves: it's not an effective method of testing someone at all...

Mutliple choice is icky.

suzlee

HSC
want2beasenior said:
That's actually quite true, someone may just colour in a random circle for every question and get full marks...

LOL I don't think the chance is worth considering, but yeah, still possible...

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
suzlee said:
LOL I don't think the chance is worth considering, but yeah, still possible...
I know someone who filled in their SC multiple choice in pretty diamond patterns. One on the most intelligent people ive ever met.

suzlee

HSC
-may-cat- said:
I know someone who filled in their SC multiple choice in pretty diamond patterns. One on the most intelligent people ive ever met.

HAHAHAHHAAA

Someone told me a story about a guy who had like 10 seconds left in his test and like 10 questions left to go....
In despair he managed to fill in all the Cs believing there HAS to be at least 2 or 3 Cs in 10 questions. In the end, it turns out there were like 7 Ds and 1 C among those questions or something like that :( :( :(

Tragic indeed :(

HSC
My maths teacher told us that last year one girl spent all her time on the maths paper doing the long response questions, so she had five minutes left to do in the multiple choice so just coloured in whatever circle she liked and only lost 10 marks for multiple choice.

In situations like that, it's luck i suppose, but seriously if you can do them, then why not do it well?

suzlee

HSC
want2beasenior said:
My maths teacher told us that last year one girl spent all her time on the maths paper doing the long response questions, so she had five minutes left to do in the multiple choice so just coloured in whatever circle she liked and only lost 10 marks for multiple choice.

In situations like that, it's luck i suppose, but seriously if you can do them, then why not do it well?

Hah.. Lucky, much??

Aznmichael92

HSC
i know someone who was rushing his test. Had only 1 minute left and 20 questions to do. He randomly chose his answers and go 10/20. How lucky?

speedofsound

HSC
Well, I know someone who had spent so long on all the previous multiple choice questions in an English exam, she only had 30 seconds left for about 10 more. She filled in any bubble and got all of them wrong.

Yeah, that someone was me.

:D

suzlee

HSC
speedofsound said:
Well, I know someone who had spent so long on all the previous multiple choice questions in an English exam, she only had 30 seconds left for about 10 more. She filled in any bubble and got all of them wrong.

Yeah, that someone was me.

:D

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Don't feel so bad :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)