Multiple choice (1 Viewer)

Do you hate multiple choice questions?

• Yes

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 53.5%

• Total voters
HSC
Do any of you guys do the worst in this section because you overthink it or doubt yourself?

speedofsound

HSC
Yes! Although I specifically hate multiple choice in English. It's far too a subjective subject for an answer to a question to be narrowed down to one choice. I always struggle with multiple choice in English.

lolman12567

HSC
multiple choice is bullshit especially in english, i'm so happy i wont have anything to do with it next year.

there are always the 2 answers which are sooo close, it pisses me off

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
depends on the subject.

swathard

HSC
lolman12567 said:
multiple choice is bullshit especially in english, i'm so happy i wont have anything to do with it next year.

there are always the 2 answers which are sooo close, it pisses me off
I COMPLETELY AGREE!

omg.. i ALWAYS stuff up m/c.. they say that "unintelligent people", not always, but generally, tend to do better in multiple choice because they are very literal thinkers and so they dont overthink the answer.. they put the most simple answer due to their lack of analysis of the question, and therefore often pick the right option!

i also do badly in maths m/c.. but then i own all the other sections like the free response ones where you show working out etc and non-calculator!

GRRRRRRRR - and yes, THANK GOD we dont have to do them next year. otherwise.. i dont know WHAT i would do.. !

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Yes. I do bad in Multiple Choice because I overread the question, especially in English. I'm decent in extended, but always suck badly in MC.

But hey, its english...Technically, english is very subjective since every answer can be correct, but you have to pick the BEST one.

Every answer could also be correct depending on the person's subjective perspective.

English sucks, and I heard from a teacher that they are planning to introduce MC in the HSc exams. Dunno if its true

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
I have the knack of picking the wrong answer out of the two thats left

HSC
Yeah english is the worst- its all too subjective and usually the two which are most correct sound both correct!

Maths mc is also a bit dodgy- i just work it out on the calculatr and circle which ever answer is remotely similar

aimhigh10

HSC
hmm depends on the subject but its good when theres answers to questions in the multiple choice (like a definition of a term or something).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I absolutely hate multiple choice. It's basically the only part where I lost the most marks in. :(

shaon0

HSC
want2beasenior said:
Do any of you guys do the worst in this section because you overthink it or doubt yourself?
yeah multiple choice is easily my worst section

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
wth... multiple choice is easy marks, in my subjects anyway. Its just a process of elimination.

Aznmichael92

HSC
mc is the worse section there is like 2 correct answers in each question but u have to pick the best one. how lame

suzlee

HSC
Don't mind it, really...
But English, I must say, is an exception. Like everybody else mentioned above, two choices in an English question can be painfully similar :mad1:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
suzlee said:
Don't mind it, really...
But English, I must say, is an exception. Like everybody else mentioned above, two choices in an English question can be painfully similar :mad1:
Like the current poll?

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
I love multiple choice...I hate writing :p

Colouring a little bubble corresponding to an answer is so much easier than writing things...because you'd have to have studied well to get marks.
Whereas multiple choice..."well, this looks right" *colours bubble*

lolman12567

HSC
i don't really mind MC in any other subjects like Science and Maths, because of the objective nature of these subjects one answer is always right, no questions.

but as i said before for english, the MC just aggravates me. english will be alot more enjoyable next year though!

HSC
want2beasenior said:

haha yes..i keep doubting my first answer.. but then doubt my second answer...and it goes back and forth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)