Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

SuperMike96

HSC
Question 4 was stupid because both actus reus and causation are correct.

Well, regarding criminal law they should both be correct, as causation also refers to the act actually taking place... I went with causation, but I have a feeling it should have been actus reus... fuck.
It was definitely actus reus. Causation is a link between the act committed and the effect of the act, not the actual act.

Mutant Kitty

HSC
Explain why only actus reus? Causation... The dude sold it to the person, causing the person to have possession. Causation refers to the act taking place.

Mutant Kitty

HSC
Ignore me, I think I'm just trying to convince myself that I didn't make a silly mistake... It was one of those questions where I just saw it and coloured. I'd predict 16 or 17 :/

gilza95

HSC
Question 4 was stupid because both actus reus and causation are correct.

Well, regarding criminal law they should both be correct, as causation also refers to the act actually taking place... I went with causation, but I have a feeling it should have been actus reus... fuck.
Are you taking the piss or are you retarded?

gilza95

HSC
Explain why only actus reus? Causation... The dude sold it to the person, causing the person to have possession. Causation refers to the act taking place.
It's a strict liability offence. Mens rea doesn't need to be proven hence there doesn't need to be causation to link the intent with the carrying out of the crime..

Besides that you must be fucking retarded

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
It's a strict liability offence. Mens rea doesn't need to be proven hence there doesn't need to be causation to link the intent with the carrying out of the crime..

Besides that you must be fucking retarded
hahahahhahahhahahahha

calm down bro

hahahahahahahahahhaha

Mutant Kitty

HSC
Well, more taking the piss regarding my retardation. I was overtly arguing what is wrong in an attempt to convince myself that I wasn't so wrong... Mind blank. I'm the type of person who screws the pooch in question 1 in MC but gets 90-95% for the exam itself.

gilza95

HSC
Well, more taking the piss regarding my retardation. I was overtly arguing what is wrong in an attempt to convince myself that I wasn't so wrong... Mind blank. I'm the type of person who screws the pooch in question 1 in MC but gets 90-95% for the exam itself.

Hahaha if you don't know what strict liability encompasses I doubt you're a band 6 student mate

Mutant Kitty

HSC
Gliza95, you're actually wrong too in saying that, as causation refers to the causal link between the action and the result as opposed to intent (with a guilty mind) to the crime.
It has nothing to do with mens rea, causation in this case. Causation would have to do with the action of the person and the resulting crime.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Gliza95, you're actually wrong too in saying that, as causation refers to the causal link between the action and the result as opposed to intent (with a guilty mind) to the crime.
It has nothing to do with mens rea, causation in this case. Causation would have to do with the action of the person and the resulting crime.
Strict liability offence e.g:

Prove that you love me.
I don't have to, it's a strict liability offence.

hayleyemma96

HSC
GG is part of the executive as she represents the queen
Actually the GG is part of the Parliament
(Taken from Parliamentary Education Office):
Parliament (also referred to as the Legislature) is made up of the Queen (represented by the Governor-General), the Senate and the House of Representatives.

gilza95

HSC

You do know that the mens rea means "guilty mind" in latin...?

Candidate

HSC
I got 18/20 for the MC if 20 is indeed B.

Still fuming after the exam though– I know I'll be getting like 10 or 11 for the short answers. I panicked on the peace rights question and recalled the right to peaceful assembly from one of the Bill of Rights documents, and put that down –.–

hayleyemma96

HSC
How is 12 rehabilitation, surely it's retribution?
Yeah it's definitely retribution. I know that in regards to taxation law (little bit different to crime but same logic applies) that any proceeds gained as a result of criminal activity are forfeited to the government (through the tax office) as punishment for tax evasion.
I'd guess the same logic would apply to crime but I definitely agree with you.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Anyway these were my answers:

1) A
2) C
3) D
4) C
5) B
6) B
7) C
8) A
9) D
10) B
11) A
12) C
13) B
14) B
15) D
16) A
17) C
18) B
19) C
20) D

Fairly sure I got 17+/20 so pretty happy, but I was aiming for 20/20 :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)