Multiple Entry Criteria (1 Viewer)

zkuld

newblet
HSC
If you get rejected, then it is probably for the best. The interview is there for a reason, not just to make it harder for the under 85'ers. If you truely have a mind in engineering, then you have nothing to worry about.

ioniser

HSC
well from wot i hear is that sydney has exxaggerated uai cut off marks(which just make the uni look gud).I actually knew a couple of people who got into sydney with lower uais.

On the other hand my teacher told me sydney was better for the more complex engineering such as aerospace,but UNSW was better overall as there courses were more updated than sydney's courses and that UNSW has lower cut offs for variuos reasons such as being able to cater for more student

One of my teachers daughters actually made it into sydney for aeronautical engineering(90uai)but she was offered to do aerospace(99.8uai)as there werent enough students in the class( although they only cater for 20 students)this does show to some extent the exaaggeration of sydney's uai cut offs

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
hey, they ask for your ranking in your subs, need help, i dont know my rankings, do i guess?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
hey, they ask for your ranking in your subs, need help, i dont know my rankings, do i guess?
Ask your teachers. They MUST tell you.

ioniser

HSC
i dun get this for this mce thingie,for step 2 what is it exactly that we have to send in our reports or wot

Haku

Slide Rule said:
Ask your teachers. They MUST tell you.
no they don;t, some can;t be bothered and tell u to wait till graduation day to get it.

but wondering why on the report end of year 12 u get the rank excluding the result of the trials? i was so pissed cause trials i did good, and they multi criteria require u to send in photocopies of school report.

does other school also give out report with pretrial rankings?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
nosadness said:
no they don;t, some can;t be bothered and tell u to wait till graduation day to get it.

but wondering why on the report end of year 12 u get the rank excluding the result of the trials? i was so pissed cause trials i did good, and they multi criteria require u to send in photocopies of school report.

does other school also give out report with pretrial rankings?
It is a Board of Studies requirement that you are supplied with your ranks within 2 weeks of an official internal assessment task. :)

I suggest you ask your careers advisor or similar for a modified report which is fair: i.e. includes your trial results.

No, my school includes the trials within the final report. Then again, my school is awesome. :p

Haku

thanks for the advice, thought i had never see my final results. lol

so is it legal for teachers to do that for phy and chem? cause all other reports came with after trial ranks...

Ghost1788

HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
try your last report aka your most recent report

Slide Rule said:
It is a Board of Studies requirement that you are supplied with your ranks within 2 weeks of an official internal assessment task. :)
Um is this how you rank overall or how you ranked in the assessment cause i only get my rankings as per assessment no over all.

UNSW said:
2. What is it that most attracts you to the Faculty of Engineering at UNSW and the engineering field you have chosen?
wtf how do I answer this question... whats so special about UNSW...

Last edited:

gman03

HSC
Ghost1788 said:
Um is this how you rank overall or how you ranked in the assessment cause i only get my rankings as per assessment no over all.
it is the overall rank. It is done on the basis of weighted assessment average.

Ghost1788 said:
wtf how do I answer this question... whats so special about UNSW...
"UNSW Engineering is so special because people like sunny & McLake does it. It is also special because it has a variety of dumbass (e.g. gman03) does it and UNSW needs more intellegent people to attain positive Engineering skills and thus provides better goods and services to the community. Engineering in other uni like UWS sux because they don't have the N in eNgineering in the uni abbreviation (cf. UNSW). ;) Overall I love engineering in UNSW because they lack good looking chicks in the faculty and so I will able to concentrate my uni work and become a nerd. <EOF>"

There, something that you should NOT write.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Maximus said:
Argh... For someone who received a UAI of 84.7 last year, and is wanting to transfer to UNSW engineering this year, this really sucks.

ummm did u apply for an appeal with the uni, you would off got in

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
Err, no, I have no idea what that is.

So, now that all the smoke has cleared and everyone should have their 2006 uni offers, how did MCE work out for everyone?
I went through MCE and got an offer for my first preference, BE/BA at UNSW, even though I had no science experience whatsoever (which was my main concern).
How about everyone else?

HSC
so what happends if your a NRSL?, do they only accept HSC students for multi-cretera interview?..Does anyone know any other methods they can take into account which is not only based on 50/50 UAI-Uni marks for NRSL?.

Thanks

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
Preditor.89.N7G said:
so what happends if your a NRSL?, do they only accept HSC students for multi-cretera interview?..Does anyone know any other methods they can take into account which is not only based on 50/50 UAI-Uni marks for NRSL?.

Thanks
Yeah, only NRSL with no previous tertiary study can apply for FEAS but you'd be able to get into UTS easily I reckon.

"Lee-.-Roy"

HSC
UNSW: 88.1 UAI for 2008. The UAI was not jacked up to limit supply as there was enough demand to form an entry mark of 88 naturally.
USYD: 88, jacked up UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)