MultipleChoice (1 Viewer)

HSC
I think its A but some other ppl says its B
Physics Q.jpg
If u cant see the images..let me know I will upload it again.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
this same question was asked on BoS a few days ago; I can't seem to find the thread.

I think it is B.

C and D are blatantly wrong and A has some correct information but the other bits are misleading.

emilios

HSC
It's B. Yes, it's true that eddy currents are produced in the tube both above and below the magnet, but the only relevant eddy currents are the ones produced in the tube below the magnet since we're talking about it being SLOWED DOWN (who cares what's going on above the magnet?)

HSC
It's B. Yes, it's true that eddy currents are produced in the tube both above and below the magnet, but the only relevant eddy currents are the ones produced in the tube below the magnet since we're talking about it being SLOWED DOWN (who cares what's going on above the magnet?)
Ahh okay, thx man !!

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
To me, none of the options are correct :\

A is incorrect as it just states that the eddy currents are induced above/below the magnet (In like fat air or sumn?) -- not in the Al tube

B is incorrect as it implies the force opposing the magnets motion is due to the eddy current -- but it is due to the magnetic field CREATED by the eddy current.

Mix A and B together and you have a perfect answer!

I would imagine that the answers would say B for this question -- but it is still not 100% correct.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)