Mum makes me disadvantage (1 Viewer)

Beeck

HSC
My mum has nothing on me she failed vegie maths in the HSC and almost didnt get into uni so iv been given parentel permission to fail maths lol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My mum has nothing on me she failed vegie maths in the HSC and almost didnt get into uni so iv been given parentel permission to fail maths lol
Vegie maths?

That's a new name for it. I've heard it as 'derp derp maths', 'derr derr maths' and even 'derka derka maths' but.. vegie maths?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Theres a white girl at my skool who is the most gifted student in NSW. i kid u not, if u wanna argue i can provide u wiff some of her 'qualifications'
cbf listing them but trust me alright.
Yeah, I believe you. What's next, you happen to be dating her or something?

--

Anyways, yeah, some parents can be harsher than others - perhaps you need to have a sit down with them, and rationally talk through what you're hoping to get out of your HSC, without getting emotions involved. You need to tell your parents that their pressure is actually counterproductive, and is not helping you.

My parents were the exact same (well, maybe a little less harsh). And it wasn't just them, but the fact that all my cousins before me had done quite spectacularly in the HSC as well.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You started raising your voice/yelling at her didn't you? :S

You need to explain it rationally and calmly.

Last edited:

RANK 1

HSC
You started raising your voice/yelling at her didn't you? :S

You need to explain it rationally and calmly.
my mum yells at me at least 5 times everyday, it goes on until i explode and tell her to shut the fuck up, then theres a awkward silence between us for about a day and then the cycle repeats itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah. As I said - check emotions at the door. Getting emotional and angry at your mum helps noone.

Beeck

HSC
Vegie maths?

That's a new name for it. I've heard it as 'derp derp maths', 'derr derr maths' and even 'derka derka maths' but.. vegie maths?
Its just a nick name for the old maths in societ corse lol

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Who gives a toss what parents say. You are doing it for yourself, and not your parents. I don't understand parents like that, pretty pathetic to be honest. It's good for parents to take an interest and try to keep you motivated, but not to the extent of downgrading you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)