Munching through the Reflection (1 Viewer)

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
Well... Eating my half-completed reflection statement is more appealing at this stage, but...

I've been trying to write it according to the BOS guidelines and I'm stuck on the last point:

-The reflection statement should indicate how the student realised the concept in the final product

eh? wtf is that supposed to mean? that i was just finishing typing up the final changes on my Major Work and I suddenly said 'God damn! I suddenly realised what the concept behind my Major Work was!' ??

does anyone here know how to decipher BOS-speak? (or are u all laughing at me now because of my complete lack of understanding of all their BOS jargon)

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
-Did the Major Work turn out like you expected?
-Did you "nail" your concept in the MW?

I think thats what it means.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
andy, i saw an ad on tv today abt bathurst *there is more to bashurt than racing, so come on down....*....and i was lyk *hey andy drowned in arse is there *.....yeah so i am positng to let u know that i saw an ad abt bathurst and then i linked it with ur name....amazing huh? .....

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
To add to what Mr Andronicarse said... make a correlation between your concept ("I want to write a short story about how eating goats cheese can cause heart attacks") and your final product ("I ended up changing the effect of heart attacks to unwanted pregnancy because it got more laughs. I then expanded upon the goats cheese problem to create...")

They're pretty much asking you what problems you had (if any) when realising ("creating") your MW.

BTW, "realised" doesn't mean "suddenly noticed", it means "made real". :D

lemonade

anti.. i bow down to your BOS-jargon-translating skills ...

how did u know I was writing a story about the effects of goat cheese!?!.. :p (wish i was though, would be more interesting than my MW at the moment)

ah.. problems i had when creating my MW, Im glad they're asking that, I've got a lot that i can talk about there (no seriously, i had heaps of problems with typing out transcripts off an audio tape)

:) i think im getting through it, i handed my draft of a reflection statement and my MW to my teacher today. i wonder what she will think... :eek:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
yay! haha
imo the reflection statement is really really really good - i know you lot don't think so atm, but think about this..

you can explain all the crap stuff that you went through in order to get your MW perfected
and the marker HAS to read it!

Mike85

I prefered writing the reflection statement over the major work, as while I did a short story, im an analytical person.
I thought it was fun talking about (or making up :p) how I used poststructurlist values and drew on the deconstruction movement...... I just gave the markers what they will want. Composing credible lies is fun! :D Enjoy it people!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yep well I am going to just explain my concept on really wankeriffic words and explain how it came into being (evolution of initial ideas and the texts that influenced)

lemonade

lol. i was planning to some how explain all these ceonceptual things about my work that aren't really in there.. ah.. credible lies..

The word limit IS pretty annoying, we have 1500 words to justify a whole year of work.. :(

i wish i knew what the markers wanted from me.. im beginning to think its my soul... :eek:

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by lemonade
i wish i knew what the markers wanted from me.. im beginning to think its my soul... :eek:
no, just your firstborn son and 75% of all your future earnings:p

lemonade

Originally posted by Jinglebell
no, just your firstborn son and 75% of all your future earnings:p
damnit! I thought I left all that behind when i stopped attending the meetings for that weird cult in belligen! :p

but seriously.. im starting to wonder about this 'board of studies':

- in Eng Ext 1, they let us learn how to exact the perfect revenge (and how to omit the 'tragedy' bit)
- and then they drive us crazy with the enormous workload! (and remind us of the consequences if we do not achieve enormously high marks)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
hehe mines 1515 DON'T TELL THE MARKERS!!!

I might have made up some concepts that weren't really there shhh.........if you can support it why not throw it in?

malayz_angel

Made up concepts? Don't worry...I'm sure we all did that. I was writing about crime fiction and then I'm thinking....wait...I should relate it to advanced as well! So I am chucking in some stuff about changing self

Jinglebell

HSC
when you look at the syllabus outcomes for advanced and ext 1, it's amazing how many can relate to a major work. when i was writing my report, i stopped pasting in syllabus outcomes before I even got to extension...and then realised i can relate back to individual & society...so i'll put that in my RS.

i'm actually slightly giddy right now, i have less than 1000 words of my critical response left to write:) only problem being i've got no idea what to put in my snazzy conclusion...better go find some nifty quotes to blab around:)

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
i saw an ad on tv today abt bathurst *there is more to bashurt than racing, so come on down....*
That ad lies. Well, not lies, cos Bathurst also has my house... but I guess they could have race around that...

Originally posted by lemonade
The word limit IS pretty annoying, we have 1500 words to justify a whole year of work.. :(
1500 should be sufficient for my week's worth of work *chortle*

lemonade

Originally posted by YEAR12
I might have made up some concepts that weren't really there shhh.........if you can support it why not throw it in?
i agree, why the hell not!?!

hey, I need a conclusion for my reflection, does anyone know of any good migrant quotes that promote acceptance of other cultures, or anywhere I could find some?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Look at Peter Skryznecki's poetry perhaps, Immigrant Chronicle is a set text for changing perspectives.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I wouldn't use a set text. Find your own to make it more unique. Just do a quote search on google or something.

Mike85

Using set texts is good, because it makes a close connection to the course. Look at the story that came 1st in the state in 2001... the whole idea basically came from Fowels novel (and the film Orlando set for study). Markers like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)