Munching through the Reflection (1 Viewer)

euphoria

Okay, I've gone through basically all of the talk on reflection statements and it seems to me that I'm the only one still chewing on the introduction! I am so completely stuck! I have no idea what tone to take on, because the examiners want it to be formal yet with a sense of "personality" to it... please explain!!!
I wANT TO START MY REFLECTION STATEMENT!!!!!

sar567

This may be completely irrelevant, but are we allowed to say we thought the journal was a waste of time, or will they not like that?

Maddy

Damien Martyn Rocks!
There was a entry in the Showcase for 2001 that said something like that I think . . . Yes they did. It was the entry called the Journey and they said they found the journal a hindrance because when they tried to record their ideas they lost the wording in their head or some weak reason!!! Lol, i hated actually writing journal entries but I liked putting together all the stuff that had impacted on my major work . . . Made me realise I actually did DO something in the last year!!

euphoria

Journal.... well I don't think it was a waste really... well, i suppose having to "reflect" on every little damn thing i put in there was a bit of a bore... but what can you do. Chances are they won't read it anyway.. and even if they do... my journal is so damn big that I doubt they'll bother to read every little piece of jargon i put together...:eek:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
journals are useful for writing the reflection statement.. if you put a lot of work into the journal, anyway.

'cause it helps you remember all your crap ideas. :)

Saul

*ss
HSC
hey guys, how important is the word limit in the reflection statement? I'm finished on 1600 words, and don't know if i should cut it down or not... any ideas?

Lolliana

writing the reflection statement was oodles easier than the actual product,

much less boring.....coz its only 4 pages, compared to 25

oh so fun....coz english jargon combined with bos speak, is wankerama city, and who doesn't like to spank the salami?

giggles and stuff...coz its nearly over, nearly all over!

less pressure...coz teachers are mucho eager to help a poor struggling student with only a weekend before the all important due date!

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
im going through the bos requirements for the reflection statement.. there are two points that i am wondering about...

the reflection statement:
- summarises the intent of the work and ...
- must include ... the purpose for which it was composed.

arent purpose and intent the same thing? or is there a subtle difference? do they mean, the 'intent' that we started off with at the beginning (therefore the proposal) and the purpose of the major work as it stands today? ... can anyone help out?

(if no one replies to this ill have to start another thread...)

Huy

HSC
N/A
intent = what you wanted to do
purpose = what it was supposed to do, why you did it

Huy

HSC
N/A
not really

the intent is basically what you wanted to do with it, and how you'd go about doing it.

the purpose is more about what the work is supposed to do, what it's role is, what is your rationale or reason for doing it.

they're similar, but they're different? :)

Jinglebell

HSC
which reminds me:

huy, i directed my friend to the parameter advice you gave me and she told me to tell you you're her hero. and you're my hero because you stopped her from having a major stress attack. you're a legend *more hugs*

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by lemonade
u really do have a knack for deciphering board of studies speak :) *hugs*

Originally posted by Jinglebell
huy, i directed my friend to the parameter advice you gave me and she told me to tell you you're her hero. and you're my hero because you stopped her from having a major stress attack. you're a legend *more hugs*
Oh, okay, Thanks for that :)
I can be her hero (ding... ding... dun... I can wash away your pain? LOL)

Thanks for the hug, I'm getting too many hugs now.
*Hugs lemonade and jinglebell, hopefully babydoll will think it's okay lol -- it was a friendly hug*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
good work Huy

/me pats Huy on the back

ooohh i just realised i hit senior member then :D

jr to senior within 2 hours haha

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehe spam-a-thon is kinda dying now but twas g00t :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)