• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Murali winning the battle (against his critics) (1 Viewer)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
murali is not the best bowler of all time ... he doesnt even come close pfffffffft

phungus

HSC
blackfriday said:
hey a wicket's a wicket but geez it must freak tail-enders watching his ugly face come in and his eyes pop out.
LOL owned~!

budj

HSC
If u were to chose a side, u'd pick the dude that gets the most wickets and is the most dangerous, has the highest average. As for his eyes popping out, lol i noticed it too, but good on him :), he is a legend.

Yeah i would agreee that it is a subjective case.

As an aside, and i have already mentioned this. Murali bowling from one end, Warne from the other. It sould be an effort for a team to get over 100.

They are both exceptional bowlers. Another arguement is that they are icomparable due to their different bowling styles (murali being offie and warne the leggie).

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
budj said:
If u were to chose a side, u'd pick the dude that gets the most wickets and is the most dangerous, has the highest average. As for his eyes popping out, lol i noticed it too, but good on him :), he is a legend.

As an aside, and i have already mentioned this. Murali bowling from one end, Warne from the other. It sould be an effort for a team to get over 100.

They are both exceptional bowlers. Another arguement is that they are icomparable due to their different bowling styles (murali being offie and warne the leggie).
you mean murali 'throwing' from one end, warne from the other

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
budj said:

yeah dey are comparable ... warne is better ... period

budj

HSC
How can u say that man? Better Average speaks for itself. With this throwing stuff BlackFriday, obviously u have no idea what throwing ctually entails. There is so much evidence, its irrefuteable.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
Murali (yes, also Vaas) is the only reputable bowler on the SL attack. He therefore bowls almost up to 40% of the teams innings. This is a hell of a lot.
Most of his wickets - some 380 are from the bottom 6 batsmen. Once Vaas makes the breakthroughs with the top order, Jayasuriya then uses Murali to clean the tail up - inexperienced batsmen who do not ever face bowlers of his action. These cheap lower order wickets are what tidy Murali's average. Simple.
He doesn't do the hard work getting the good batsmen out. I don't know any non SL professional cricket affiliates who agree with your arguments budj.
Is it lonely on your side of the fence? :p

Last edited:

Pace Setter

budj said:
With this throwing stuff BlackFriday, obviously u have no idea what throwing ctually entails. There is so much evidence, its irrefuteable.
It's really not that difficult:

a. Current rules: 5/7.5/10 degrees:
b. Murali 13.2-15.2 degrees (average in a controlled environ.)
c. Everyone else except Harbhajan: somewhere between 0-17 degrees. ("possible" min and max in a match environ.)

a. is a rule-i.e "officially" what a "chuck" is at THIS moment.
b. is a chucker.
c. may or may not be a chucker.

That's of course if the words of the mad scientists are anything to go by.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
better avg bcoz sl keep playing shit sides ... i said period damn it !!!
btw congrats on ur uai budj

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
you are obviously an amazingly intelligent guy budj, but as i said before, your deification of murali is distorting your judgement.

S

serv0

max said:
Of Muralitharan's 532 test wickets, only 185 of them have been the opposing team's top 6. (cricinfo)

Sanaths ploy of getting one of their men to the top?

Surely not.

But it has put SL on the map...

It's all about the economy...
Wrong...these are the stats:

Murali

top 3 = 26.3% of wickets
4 to 7 = 43.0% of wickets
8 to 11 = 30.6%

Warne
top 3 = 22.7% of wickets
4 to 7 = 40.7%
8 to 11 = 36.6%

So it is quite clear that Murali takes more wickets against the quality batsmen and less against the tail, compared to Warne.

max

HSC
serv0 said:
Wrong...these are the stats:

Murali

top 3 = 26.3% of wickets
4 to 7 = 43.0% of wickets
8 to 11 = 30.6%

Warne
top 3 = 22.7% of wickets
4 to 7 = 40.7%
8 to 11 = 36.6%

So it is quite clear that Murali takes more wickets against the quality batsmen and less against the tail, compared to Warne.

Where do you get these stats from? I got mine from cricinfo.

Also, interesting to see exactly who the batsmen were.

S

serv0

I got them from HowStat. CricInfo doesn't have these kind of statistics. And saying 380 are against the bottom 6 is complete nonsense (as I have proved).

max

HSC
RUB!X said:
better avg bcoz sl keep playing shit sides ... i said period damn it !!!
btw congrats on ur uai budj
Yeh, well done!
Not in the hundred club like me, but hey!

max

HSC
Malik, who made his highest Test score of 237 against Warne at Rawalpindi in 1994-95, rated him below Muttiah Muralitharan. "I think Sri Lanka's Muralitharan is a better bowler because he comes good even when a pitch doesn't suit spin bowling. Because I had trained with Pakistan's great legspinner Abdul Qadir I had no problems against Warne. I used to play him with ease."

© Cricinfo

Interesting words from the man with a life-time ban.
Anyone have any comments?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)